Recommend a cheaper cell phone carrier?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would be careful about buying minutes. I used to have a phone where I had to do that, and I never used my phone, but every once in a while, I'd try to make a phone cal, and I could only talk for maybe 5 minutes before it said my minutes were done. Turns out they were double selling, so someone else was using mine.
Consumer cellular looks pretty good, and if you search their website, some of the phones are pretty cheap. Here's one- 27 dollars down 3 dollars per month, and you can add that to a basic plan
https://www.consumercellular.com/shopping/details/moto_g_play_2023/details They have a special offer for AARP too.
I used to use a pay before use cell phone and the reception was terrible. That was about 10 or so years ago. And the minutes were expensive if I remember right. And just getting the card for the minutes and activating it was risky. So I tend to agree.

Reactions: Debp and Cassandra

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would be careful about buying minutes. I used to have a phone where I had to do that, and I never used my phone, but every once in a while, I'd try to make a phone cal, and I could only talk for maybe 5 minutes before it said my minutes were done. Turns out they were double selling, so someone else was using mine.
Consumer cellular looks pretty good, and if you search their website, some of the phones are pretty cheap. Here's one- 27 dollars down 3 dollars per month, and you can add that to a basic plan
https://www.consumercellular.com/shopping/details/moto_g_play_2023/details They have a special offer for AARP too.
Earlier today I signed up for Consumer Cellular. Got a smartphone for $99 on sale.
Once it arrives I call them and they help me to set it up. Then I will cancel AT&T!

Actually U.S. Mobile has some wonderful prices, $6 including taxes for their Lite Plan. But doing everything over the Internet with them was more stressful for me.

I got auto pay with Consumer Cellular and did everything over the phone.

Marcipa

Apr 13, 2024
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm going to be looking at Verizon's Visible plan. They claim it's unlimited everything for $25 a month plus fees and taxes.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm going to be looking at Verizon's Visible plan. They claim it's unlimited everything for $25 a month plus fees and taxes.
Check out U.S. Mobile.... it's a good company with very low prices which includes all taxes and fees! I think they have a plan for unlimited everything including taxes and fees for $23.

This was my first cellphone so I would have gone with U.S. Mobile but I did Consumer Cellular because it was easier for this senior citizen. Maybe later I can get the cheaper prices with U.S. Mobile.