Reconciling delusion

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

EvergreenPlatypus

May 18, 2022
Washington DC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
So I figured i’d preface this by saying I have schizophrenia. I don’t hear voices but I tend to get wrapped up in delusional thinking. I figure that being honest is the best way to get a genuine response that addresses my question, which is “how do I know where my delusion stops and god starts?” Am I seeing god or am I delusional? I’ve come here because I’ve been on a spiritual search looking for a model of reality that is cohesive and sane enough to live in. I found that almost every spiritual teacher reveres Jesus. I tried to be completely logical and be atheist, but I found myself in an illogical reality where cause and effect are at play in a physical sense, but things are driven by love which is an illogical emotion. In my spiritual search, I realized that consciousness is infinite and is a divine aspect capable of creating anything. It has to come from somewhere. Anyway, I just want to know how to draw the line between my delusions and god. When people say they’re getting signs from god, what is the difference between them and a schizophrenic besides the fact that they aren’t diagnosed? and if I convert how do i stop myself from getting delusional?

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
So I figured i’d preface this by saying I have schizophrenia. I don’t hear voices but I tend to get wrapped up in delusional thinking. I figure that being honest is the best way to get a genuine response that addresses my question, which is “how do I know where my delusion stops and god starts?” Am I seeing god or am I delusional? I’ve come here because I’ve been on a spiritual search looking for a model of reality that is cohesive and sane enough to live in. I found that almost every spiritual teacher reveres Jesus. I tried to be completely logical and be atheist, but I found myself in an illogical reality where cause and effect are at play in a physical sense, but things are driven by love which is an illogical emotion. In my spiritual search, I realized that consciousness is infinite and is a divine aspect capable of creating anything. It has to come from somewhere. Anyway, I just want to know how to draw the line between my delusions and god. When people say they’re getting signs from god, what is the difference between them and a schizophrenic besides the fact that they aren’t diagnosed? and if I convert how do i stop myself from getting delusional?
When you become a believer, the bible tells us that the Holy Spirit will come and dwell in you and be your helper, encourager, teacher and support. You will find that the difference between what is of God and what is not, becomes more clear. There will be a distinction between the two and you will no-longer be alone trying to work it out on your own....Blessings/Peace and welcome to CyB

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if I convert how do i stop myself from getting delusional?
Precious friend, A Very Warm Welcome to the Board. At conversion
by repenting (changing mind about sin), and humbly:

believing, 100% trusting, placing Total faith, In The LORD JESUS CHRIST,
HIS Death {Precious BLOOD}, Burial, And HIS Resurrection, According
To The Scriptures! (
1 Corinthians 15:3-4; cp Ephesians 2:8-9; Romans 3-5),

God Gives us Peace And "a sound mind." Then, With The Holy Spirit
Teaching, we begin to understand "the things of God." Hope this helps:

Please Be Very RICHLY Encouraged, Enlightened, Exhorted, And Edified In
The LORD JESUS CHRIST, And In His Word Of Truth, Rightly Divided!

GRACE And Peace! The apostle of GRACE (2 Min With The BIBLE)

Reactions: Angelina

AceWestfall08

Apr 29, 2022
West Virginia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I Understand exactly what you mean by this. Several times it has changed my life. My delusions have cost me my job several times, my living situation, my money, my relationships, etc. I tend to sit on this fence where my emotions exaggerate everything, and God guiding my life. There has been several instances where he has provided me with an opportunity to keep surviving. There are times when I think my delusions are spirual tests, or sometimes a attack by a demon. Try to learn and pull a lesson from each delusion, so when you are in that state, you can have anchors in your life that will ground you more so you don't slip away.

Don't let your delusions eat away at your faith. God knows exactly what you are going through. Try to look at our illness as a blessing. Find the silver lining. Because of your illness you value peace of mind, stability, and probably routine. God will probably mean something so special to you in a unique way. I know he does with me. If you want to read more about my story,
Being Chosen.....10 Years Later. | Christian Forums @ Christianity Board

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
. I found that almost every spiritual teacher reveres Jesus.
so

There are also many 'Jesus's out there. We find the true Jesus in God's Word, the Bible.

I just want to know how to draw the line between my delusions and god.

Again, God's Word the Bible allows us to know the difference between fantasy and reality, between the true God and fakes.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
well, knowledge brings sorrow eh, so i dunno; maybe in a sense or certain context
hi, and welcome, im mark

man, i cant imagine being given that to overcome! And i really dont have any advice other than test everything, and keep what is good. And i would def take advantage of those more knowledgeable in the Bible, but at the same time be critical in a sense, and read for yourself.

ive stuck with the Bible bc It has proved Itself to be like literally alive, in such a weird way; you can read a passage for forty years and then suddenly diff meanings can be revealed to you; you are prolly aware that Jesus pretty much clowned the religious of His day, right? But as it turns out, He gave the highest praise to a pagan (Roman Centurion) and an “atheist” (by Israel's standards anyway, a Samaritan), and thats just one example.

so anyway i wish you the best in your walk, and as to your last two questions there, they are great ones imo, and i would keep them in front of me during any teaching, bc there is a lot of well-intentioned delusion out there. Truth is established by two or three witnesses, it is said, which i guess you will kinda have to…hear on a diff level to understand, imo three baptists would prolly be like one witness, but you might have a better insight there for yourself. peace to you, mark

Reactions: Heart2Soul

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
speaking of reconciling deluision
These elites are trying to reconcile the peoples and all religions BY A DELUSION .
And it cannot be reconciled . My advice is flee this one love , this we are one stuff and let us learn our bibles .

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts chapter 3 . Convert to christianity and repentance of sins to God and be forgiven.
Delusions are false beliefs.
John 10:11. They can ask Jesus for help. Faith is the key.
1 Peter 5:7 to 5 :10 . Cast your anxieties on Jesus. Grace is unmerited favor. Jesus was crucified. So Christian people can repent and have a relationship with God.

Philippians 4:6. Prayer and supplications. Communication is the key. Talk to God.
John 14:6. Jesus is the truth and the way. The only way to kingdom of God is through Jesus.
Pray to Jesus and ask him for help.
James chapter 1. All wisdom and knowledge comes from God. Ask Jesus for understanding. Be honest and sincere.
Jesus is the only one who can heal you.