Refuting soul sleep, aka dirt nap doctrine

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Did not Christ Himself come down from Heaven and took on flesh? Why is it so hard to see that we did also. Your quote from Job is accurate ,however you missing the bigger picture .
I believe that you have created another picture entirely. Where does it say in the Bible that we humans had to come down from heaven, because Jesus did?
The son of God had a reason to be sent from heaven....we don’t have any such reason.

That which Job describes is ALL of us . We were on this earth(in our spiritual bodies) before He(God) destroyed it the first time ,When satan then know as lucifer attempted the overthrow 1/3 of the children followed him ,at that time God could had destroyed all of them ,but in His mercy came up with a plan, which is this flesh age
Again where will I find any of this in the Bible? If it’s not in the Bible, it’s not from God.....it must have come from somewhere, or someone else....but who?

Do you actually think you were created at birth ?
No, we were all created at conception. Before conception, we did not exist, though our DNA did and was passed onto us from the two people who created us. God created the first humans, and they were given the means to pass life on to others....a sacred privilege that was not to be abused.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
No, we were all created at conception. Before conception, we did not exist, though our DNA did and was passed onto us from the two people who created us. God created the first humans, and they were given the means to pass life on to others....a sacred privilege that was not to be abused.

It's there you just can't see it . Look at the below

Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed thee in the belly I know thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations."

How did He know him and when was he ordained

Now look at this verse

Romans 9:11 "(For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of Him That calleth;"

Romans 9:13 "As it is written "Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated."

How and why did He hate Easu before he was born ?

Do a study on the katabole that should help you

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed thee in the belly I know thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations."

How did He know him and when was he ordained
Just because God foreordains some humans for a special purpose, does not mean that he foreordains all humans. Jeremiah was used by God as one of his foremost prophets.
Isaac, John the Baptist and Jesus himself were the products of miraculous births. That doesn’t mean we all are.

Romans 9:11 "(For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of Him That calleth;"
You need to read that verse in context...and in a modern English Bible.
Romans 9:11....
“for when they had not yet been born and had not practiced anything good or bad, so that God’s purpose respecting the choosing might continue dependent, not on works, but on the One who calls“.

The sons of Isaac also were foreordained to fulfill prophesy. The seed was to come from Abraham through Isaac and Jacob. An all knowing God has command of past present and future, foretelling event before they happen. It’s called prophesy and the Bible is full of it.

Romans 9:13 "As it is written "Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated."

How and why did He hate Easu before he was born ?
Foreknowledge of the future...
Jacob proved to be God’s choice because Esau proved himself to be a man that God could not love. He did not have the qualities that God was looking for. He proved that he had no appreciation for his birthright by selling it to Jacob for a bowl of stew. (Hebrews 12:16)

Do a study on the katabole that should help you
The expression “from the founding of the world” does not mean from before the creation of the earth but from the beginning of man’s reproduction....it means ”the laying down of seed” as in the conception of a human child. The first human child conceived was Cain....that was after the defection of his parents. This is the founding of the “cosmos”.....the world of sinful mankind. He proved to be the first murderer.

The first prophesy in Genesis 3:15 was God’s promise of the seed who would rescue the now sinful humans from the death sentence that they passed onto their children. God implemented his rescue mission as soon as Adam and his wife had sinned. That was “before the foundation of the world”....not the earth.

Reactions: Wrangler

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When someone makes God a liar, then that means there is no hope for that person. All the saved who have passed on are indeed in Heaven (Hebrews 12). And those who will be alive at the Rapture will also go to Heaven.

So only Satan can be behind any assertion that there are no souls in Heaven. He wants them all in Hell.

I guess, since you have no epistemological basis to refute legitimate definitions, you rely on theological assertions and attacks.

Friend, for some reason, you are falsely equating those saved in heaven with souls. I've never said that there is no one in heaven except God. Again, there are no souls in heaven, by definition. (Exceptions may be Enoch, Elijah & Jesus.) 1 Kings 22 informs us that Spirits are in heaven.

In the vision, the Eternal said, “Who will be the one to entice Ahab into battle at Ramoth-gilead so he may die there?” Everyone had a different opinion about who should do the task. Right then, a spirit revealed itself to the Eternal and said, “I will do it. I will draw Ahab into battle.”

The Eternal One asked, “How do you plan on doing this?”

The spirit answered, “I will become a spirit of deception within the words of his prophets.”

The Eternal spoke again, “I like this idea. You will succeed at drawing him into battle. Proceed quickly.

1 Kings 22:20-22 (Voice)

Reactions: Aunty Jane

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Just because God foreordains some humans for a special purpose, does not mean that he foreordains all humans. Jeremiah was used by God as one of his foremost prophets.
Isaac, John the Baptist and Jesus himself were the products of miraculous births. That doesn’t mean we all are.

You need to read that verse in context...and in a modern English Bible.
Romans 9:11....
“for when they had not yet been born and had not practiced anything good or bad, so that God’s purpose respecting the choosing might continue dependent, not on works, but on the One who calls“.

The sons of Isaac also were foreordained to fulfill prophesy. The seed was to come from Abraham through Isaac and Jacob. An all knowing God has command of past present and future, foretelling event before they happen. It’s called prophesy and the Bible is full of it.

Foreknowledge of the future...
Jacob proved to be God’s choice because Esau proved himself to be a man that God could not love. He did not have the qualities that God was looking for. He proved that he had no appreciation for his birthright by selling it to Jacob for a bowl of stew. (Hebrews 12:16)

The expression “from the founding of the world” does not mean from before the creation of the earth but from the beginning of man’s reproduction....it means ”the laying down of seed” as in the conception of a human child. The first human child conceived was Cain....that was after the defection of his parents. This is the founding of the “cosmos”.....the world of sinful mankind. He proved to be the first murderer.

The first prophesy in Genesis 3:15 was God’s promise of the seed who would rescue the now sinful humans from the death sentence that they passed onto their children. God implemented his rescue mission as soon as Adam and his wife had sinned. That was “before the foundation of the world”....not the earth.

Your arguments against scripture don't add up .When and how did Esau prove himself to God before he was born?

Stay where you are ,there's a reason some are blinded