Rejoice and again I say rejoice!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice!
Philippians 4:4 NASB

We have seen great tribulations in the decades of our salvation. In the hard ruts of the trails we were led to follow. But we rejoice. We rejoiced believing in Him who gives strength to the powerless. We set our sight upon him who is unseen and he has brought us here. Our gaze is fixed upon the only one who is worthy to follow.

We have always been an independent couple yet yearning to fellowship with God's people in the assemblies. After years the deadness and peculiar doctrines that came in caused us to withdraw from those once revered assemblies. Forced out as it were and not wanting to cleave to the crowd we cleaved to the garments of the savior. To his words, to his voice. To everything he gives.

Deuteronomy 4:4 KJVS
But ye that did cleave unto the Lord your God are alive every one of you this day.

We have heard the voice of the shepherd urging us on when no other sign appeared. A word in our spirit. A brief dream or vision. A scripture whispered by the Holy Spirit. An unexplainable sudden soaring of our spirits raising our hearts from the valley to the mountaintops.

Your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it," whenever you turn to the right or to the left.
Isaiah 30:21 NASB

Rejoicing when our flesh said bah humbug. When your mind finds no reason to shout and leap. Letting, no commanding this body to rejoice and praise God, worship God. There is only one reason in earth to rejoice. Just one. That the center, the very creator of the heavens and all they contain has saved you from your own destruction and made you to walk in heavenly places by his side.

Thus says the Lord , "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, that I am the Lord who exercises lovingkindness, justice and righteousness on earth; for I delight in these things," declares the Lord .
Jeremiah 9:23‭-‬24 NASB

In the midnight of our affliction with chains of sickness and discouragement shackled about our feet. With the steel chains of lack, adversity and opposition around our wrists we shout VICTORY!

"The eternal God is a dwelling place, And underneath are the everlasting arms; And He drove out the enemy from before you, And said, 'Destroy!'
Deuteronomy 33:27 NASB

We rebuke the enemy in the name of our Savior and King. In the name of Jesus we stand! We speak down the lies, the oppression, the afflictions, the spirits of infirmity, death and hopelessness that are sent out in darkness to steal, kill and destroy.

Isaiah 26:13 KJVS
O Lord our God, other lords beside thee have had dominion over us: but by thee only will we make mention of thy name.

In the Holy name of our God the Lord Jesus Christ we go forth and are commanded to destroy them. We are clothed from head to foot with the full armor of God that has been forged in the fire of the Holy Word of God by His Holy Spirit.

He has made a paradise for us so that we can say with Paul that these present light afflictions will pass in the blinking of an eye and we will join multitudes of those gone before us into the presence of his indescribable light. We can let our praises roll forth now in a tsunami of worship. Let's shout the victory now in the very midst of our enemies. In the face of his lies. The sprinkling of the blood of the savior upon our shields causes the enemy to flee away with shrieks and screams. He knows his end is near so his roars are louder. The name and blood and words of the savior silence those roars and they hang in his throat.

Job 18:18 KJVS
He shall be driven from light into darkness, and chased out of the world.

Psalm 118:11-12 KJVS
They compassed me about; yea, they compassed me about: but in the name of the Lord I will destroy them.
[12] They compassed me about like bees; they are quenched as the fire of thorns: for in the name of the Lord I will destroy them.

Every Christian suffers adversity. If we are not facing adversities and firey trials then something is very wrong. We are promised adversity, hardships, afflictions, and tribulation. An examination of life must be made and if the enemy is not waging war against you then why? No child of God gets a free pass through the battles.

Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal among you, which comes upon you for your testing, as though some strange thing were happening to you;
1 Peter 4:12 NASB

But we have an advocate with the Father.

O our God, will You not judge them? For we are powerless before this great multitude who are coming against us; nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are on You." 2 Chronicles 20:12 NASB

Whether you are part of a group or not you will suffer tribulation. Jesus promised it. Rejoicing in tribulation is a great weapon. We rejoice in hope of deliverance.

rejoicing in hope, persevering in tribulation, devoted to prayer,
Romans 12:12 NASB

If we can rise up and rejoice in God and praise him in the darkness of afflictions and terrible discouragement and fears then we can never be overcome by the roars of our defeated foe. His roars are turned to meows in the face of our faith in God.

Right now you may be facing a life or death situation for yourself or a loved one. I've been there. Maybe you have needs that are impossible to meet it seems. If trouble is not present right now it's never far away. From beginning to end the Bible is filled with the trials of those that have cast their lot with God.

The walk we've had to walk has been strange. It has only increased my awe of God and the mystery of his glory. We can choose to praise him in our afflictions or not. If we fail then we are unworthy of the calling he made to us.

I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints. Ephesians 1:18 NASB

Corrie TenBoom heard the sound of a sweet voice coming from a ramshackle hut of the poorest kind. The voice sang "where Jesus is tis heaven"!

Can we find a reason to rejoice? CERTAINLY! Praise God forevermore!

PicsArt_07-12-08.12.22-288x512.jpg

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice!
Philippians 4:4 NASB

We have seen great tribulations in the decades of our salvation. In the hard ruts of the trails we were led to follow. But we rejoice. We rejoiced believing in Him who gives strength to the powerless. We set our sight upon him who is unseen and he has brought us here. Our gaze is fixed upon the only one who is worthy to follow.

We have always been an independent couple yet yearning to fellowship with God's people in the assemblies. After years the deadness and peculiar doctrines that came in caused us to withdraw from those once revered assemblies. Forced out as it were and not wanting to cleave to the crowd we cleaved to the garments of the savior. To his words, to his voice. To everything he gives.

Deuteronomy 4:4 KJVS
But ye that did cleave unto the Lord your God are alive every one of you this day.

We have heard the voice of the shepherd urging us on when no other sign appeared. A word in our spirit. A brief dream or vision. A scripture whispered by the Holy Spirit. An unexplainable sudden soaring of our spirits raising our hearts from the valley to the mountaintops.

Your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it," whenever you turn to the right or to the left.
Isaiah 30:21 NASB

Rejoicing when our flesh said bah humbug. When your mind finds no reason to shout and leap. Letting, no commanding this body to rejoice and praise God, worship God. There is only one reason in earth to rejoice. Just one. That the center, the very creator of the heavens and all they contain has saved you from your own destruction and made you to walk in heavenly places by his side.

Thus says the Lord , "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, that I am the Lord who exercises lovingkindness, justice and righteousness on earth; for I delight in these things," declares the Lord .
Jeremiah 9:23‭-‬24 NASB

In the midnight of our affliction with chains of sickness and discouragement shackled about our feet. With the steel chains of lack, adversity and opposition around our wrists we shout VICTORY!

"The eternal God is a dwelling place, And underneath are the everlasting arms; And He drove out the enemy from before you, And said, 'Destroy!'
Deuteronomy 33:27 NASB

We rebuke the enemy in the name of our Savior and King. In the name of Jesus we stand! We speak down the lies, the oppression, the afflictions, the spirits of infirmity, death and hopelessness that are sent out in darkness to steal, kill and destroy.

Isaiah 26:13 KJVS
O Lord our God, other lords beside thee have had dominion over us: but by thee only will we make mention of thy name.

In the Holy name of our God the Lord Jesus Christ we go forth and are commanded to destroy them. We are clothed from head to foot with the full armor of God that has been forged in the fire of the Holy Word of God by His Holy Spirit.

He has made a paradise for us so that we can say with Paul that these present light afflictions will pass in the blinking of an eye and we will join multitudes of those gone before us into the presence of his indescribable light. We can let our praises roll forth now in a tsunami of worship. Let's shout the victory now in the very midst of our enemies. In the face of his lies. The sprinkling of the blood of the savior upon our shields causes the enemy to flee away with shrieks and screams. He knows his end is near so his roars are louder. The name and blood and words of the savior silence those roars and they hang in his throat.

Job 18:18 KJVS
He shall be driven from light into darkness, and chased out of the world.

Psalm 118:11-12 KJVS
They compassed me about; yea, they compassed me about: but in the name of the Lord I will destroy them.
[12] They compassed me about like bees; they are quenched as the fire of thorns: for in the name of the Lord I will destroy them.

Every Christian suffers adversity. If we are not facing adversities and firey trials then something is very wrong. We are promised adversity, hardships, afflictions, and tribulation. An examination of life must be made and if the enemy is not waging war against you then why? No child of God gets a free pass through the battles.

Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal among you, which comes upon you for your testing, as though some strange thing were happening to you;
1 Peter 4:12 NASB

But we have an advocate with the Father.

O our God, will You not judge them? For we are powerless before this great multitude who are coming against us; nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are on You." 2 Chronicles 20:12 NASB

Whether you are part of a group or not you will suffer tribulation. Jesus promised it. Rejoicing in tribulation is a great weapon. We rejoice in hope of deliverance.

rejoicing in hope, persevering in tribulation, devoted to prayer,
Romans 12:12 NASB

If we can rise up and rejoice in God and praise him in the darkness of afflictions and terrible discouragement and fears then we can never be overcome by the roars of our defeated foe. His roars are turned to meows in the face of our faith in God.

Right now you may be facing a life or death situation for yourself or a loved one. I've been there. Maybe you have needs that are impossible to meet it seems. If trouble is not present right now it's never far away. From beginning to end the Bible is filled with the trials of those that have cast their lot with God.

The walk we've had to walk has been strange. It has only increased my awe of God and the mystery of his glory. We can choose to praise him in our afflictions or not. If we fail then we are unworthy of the calling he made to us.

I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints. Ephesians 1:18 NASB

Corrie TenBoom heard the sound of a sweet voice coming from a ramshackle hit of the poorest kind. The voice sang "where Jesus is tis heaven"!

Can we find a reason to rejoice? CERTAINLY! Praise God forevermore!

View attachment 5061
Great chapter, Philippians 4... :)

Reactions: Acolyte