Religion versus Spirituality

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is a false dichotomy; religion without spirituality is legalism and spirituality with out religion is New Age. Our grandparents knew this and used to warn their baby boomer children about the dangers of running after strange beliefs.

Today, it seems to have flipped! Everyone is hating religion and dropping human authority set up by God. It makes sense since the few Baby boomers who have remained Christians still reject church. The irony of the situation is that many who hate religion and declare it legalism, use much of the religious teachings in their private spirituality - sola Scriptura, the nature of God, sola Gratia, the teachings of Jesus, sola Fide, etc. when asked where these folks got these ideas, many talk around the question, ignore it, or claim it is all self evidence to Christians.

So where do you stand? Do you claim to reject religion? Is pure spirituality without religion the way to connect with God? How do you define religion? spirituality?

Reactions: DoveSpirit05

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The practice of the Christian religion, is the power of the Holy Spirit working in us and through us as we DO :

Love God with all our hearts and all our souls!

And:

Love one another.

Peace!

Reactions: aspen

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mayflower created a thread about this exact topic and I am not sure how to delete this thread. So, please respond to her thread. I am going to be there, not here.

If admin would delete this thread, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can u put a link to her thread..or give some directions to it? Thanks, my friend.
Hope you are keeping cool and safe. :)

Reactions: aspen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Don't delete it...it is fine...and different people post in each , and sometimes in both.

No need to delete...it just proves that my old mum was right, she used to say -" Great minds think alike..." :)

You and @Mayflower we on the same track. Maybe God wanted two threads lol

DoveSpirit05

Jul 19, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Spirituality all the way! religion is the opium of the oppressed, its man made and is causing all the confusion in the world, it just has people under bondage!! bound down by their constraints, taken captive by their false traditions and their philosophies and even the devil himself who is using false religion 2 keep people under bondage. Jesus never said 2 follow religion, man has twisted the bible and created their own doctrine out of plucked out chunks of the bible and as the bible says, they twist the scripture 2 their own destruction!! 2 peter 3:16