Religious Freedom

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is the United States a place where citizens can enjoy religious freedom? If so, is it moral or right to pass laws that protect people from persecution when they engage in their religious practices?

OR

Is this country a Christian nation and therefore has the right to suppress religious beliefs that go against Christian values and beliefs?

As some of you are aware the FLDS prophet was sentence to life in prison for sexual abuse of minors - his defense was that he was practicing his religion.

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia
Is the United States a place where citizens can enjoy religious freedom? If so, is it moral or right to pass laws that protect people from persecution when they engage in their religious practices?

OR

Is this country a Christian nation and therefore has the right to suppress religious beliefs that go against Christian values and beliefs?

As some of you are aware the FLDS prophet was sentence to life in prison for sexual abuse of minors - his defense was that he was practicing his religion.

I don't buy the crap they feed us that we are democratic or the USA is democratic. Whether people like it or not, whoever is in government will govern according to their moral beliefs. If there is an atheist in government, or a muslim, you do the math. It's not so much about suppression as it is about who is most vocal and who stands the tallest and controls the most. We never had these issues in Australia or the USA when Christians were the majority in government and they owned the media, etc. Sadly, it is now the opposite. These laws that give 'freedom of practice of religion' are ridiculous smoke screens put up to lull to ease those who aren't alert. Something interesting over here in Aussie land. We have what is called tolerance. Christians are meant to be tolerant of other religions and not say anything 'offensive', but when it comes to those who practice those religions . . . well, they can say ANYTHING they like about Christianity without being scrutinized! And

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Contrary to unpopular belief I still believe that satan is the god of the world and hands power to who he wishes so I don't ever expect good from any governments except of course the Kingdom of God... I've actually thought about not renewing my license but it's almost at the point that if I did so it would be impossible for me to work... whoa... almost sounds like the book of revelation... haha

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
religious freedom, thats an Oxymoron, there is no freedom in religion.

God Bless

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Contrary to unpopular belief I still believe that satan is the god of the world and hands power to who he wishes so I don't ever expect good from any governments except of course the Kingdom of God... I've actually thought about not renewing my license but it's almost at the point that if I did so it would be impossible for me to work... whoa... almost sounds like the book of revelation... haha

I agree!

I don't believe there's such a thing as a 'Christian nation'. And since when can we christians live by the sword and persecute those who disagree? It's like we went from persecuted to persecutor. I think we have to be very carefull.

If you look at the new testament and the first saints, they would die to spread the message. They had no fear. They were ready to die, but they knew other werent. They didnt belong on earth. The devil has created this counterfeith Christianity where this earth IS our home, and if you dont convert and live like us, we kill you. It shows in the 'brand' of Christianity that we are not ready to die... We try and save our lives on this earth. But Jesus says we need to lose our lives for his sake to win it. So in this life, on earth, the life we have is not our own. Nothing is our own. It's all the Lords, and we have to give him glory with it.

Jesus died for those who hated him, that he might save some. THAT is the example we must follow.

Blessings