Remarriage after a divorce.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wormwood said:
I am very sorry to hear about that. I think the most important thing for you (although I know its easier said than done) is to pray that your heart does not become hardened toward her. Christ calls us to love our enemies...and sometimes those who wear the label "enemy" can be someone under the same roof. Obviously, if she leaves you, then there is not much you can do about that...other than pray for her. I would just be careful about making her want to leave you subconsciously because things are difficult. I will pray for you that God will help you to know His love for your wife and allow you to love in ways that are beyond your natural self. Perhaps, in this way, she might come to know Christ and his love in her own life.

Be blessed.
She's already on some sort of a mental vacation. Occasionally you can see her come through in her eyes but almost instantly she goes back to vacant. She has purposely shut off her emotions. I have been praying for the Lord to work through me to bring her back around but there hasn't been much change.

Wormwood

Chaps
Apr 9, 2013
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very sorry to hear that. Remember, God brings dead things back to life and calls things that are not as through they were. I hope this happens in your marriage. Keep fighting the good fight.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
She's already on some sort of a mental vacation. Occasionally you can see her come through in her eyes but almost instantly she goes back to vacant. She has purposely shut off her emotions. I have been praying for the Lord to work through me to bring her back around but there hasn't been much change.
It sounds like she needs deliverance. Do you have any Deliverance Ministries in your area brother J? :huh:

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also, born again - be careful what you disclose on this board. I disclosed too much and it was discovered and read and resulted in hurt feelings when I never intended it. Just remember there is nothing private about the Internet and everything you write is out there forever

sjmopas

Nov 18, 2014
MO
When we consider God's responce to His unfaithful bride, even if we have a legitimate reason for divorce, should we get one? I mean the Israelites pretty much slept with their lover in front of the groom, on the wedding day, and throughout history, God's people, both Israelites and Gentiles have transgressed the covenant He's made with us, in some form or another. One of the greatest testimonies I have seen is a husband who chose to remain with his wife who cheated on him. I have also heard of women who have remaind with husbands who have cheated on them.

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
aspen said:
Also, born again - be careful what you disclose on this board. I disclosed too much and it was discovered and read and resulted in hurt feelings when I never intended it. Just remember there is nothing private about the Internet and everything you write is out there forever
I consider that when I post. I would probably not post in the open if I used my actual name or hers. She may know my screen name and she does know I'm on here but there would be no immediate way of identifying either of us and that would be the primary concern. Thank you, though.

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Marriage is very sacred to God. It was the first institution He created in the Garden of Eden and He meant for the marriage union to last as long as the man and woman lived. Alas! It is man who changed the ordinances of God.

In the Old Testament when a woman was found in fornication she was to be stoned to death. God tells us in the book of Jeremiah that He married and divorced National Israel. God could not kill National Israel for fornication and worship of other gods because the Lord Jesus still had to come out from her so God separated Himself from Israel by implementing the temporary law of Deut. 24:1-4. This law was abrogated when Jesus hung on the cross and the veil of the temple was rent in two to signal the separation..

Imagine what would happen to all believers who are married to Christ if the above were true? None will make it to heaven because our bodies still lusts after sin after salvation. But there is hope! God will not divorce nor forsake those who are in Christ Jesus. What a loving and merciful God we serve.

Not many Christians understand the deeper meanings of Deut. 24:1-4 and Matt. 19:3-12.

None in this thread had really posted the correct and biblical answer to the divorce and remarriage question. The answer can be found in Matt. 19:3-12.

Note how the Pharisees formed their question to tempt Jesus: “ Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?”

verses 4 & 5 are self explanatory, and verse 6 Jesus says: “What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder”. Here, Jesus is saying man cannot separate those whom had God joined together by marriage, not by any magistrate or men of the cloth.

In verse 8 Jesus is teaching that Moses allowed to put away your wives because of the hardness of your hearts: but from the beginning it was not so.. The beginning could be before He created the earth or at the Garden of Eden. In other words, He is now rescinding verse 8 and Deut. 24:1-4.

In verse 9 Jesus at this point is going to answer the question first put to Him by the Pharisees in verse three and should be understood this way, “And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication (we've already discussed this matter of “for every cause”), and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.

I'm sorry to say people, THERE IS NO CAUSE OR REASONS FOR DIVORCE! If this was so then God can divorce us easily because we commit fornication (sin) against Him everyday.

The disciples understood very well what Jesus taught in verse 9 as they remonstrated, if the case of the man be so with his wife, it is not good to marry.

Verse 11, But he said unto them, All men cannot receive this saying, save they to whom it is given.

The next Scripture passage, which I believe speaks to the whole matter of divorce and remarriage, will surprise many of you in this forum as I have not seen anyone quote this verse. Perhaps an oversight?

I Corinthians 7:39 reads:

The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth; but if her husband be dead, she is at liberty to be married to whom she will; only in the Lord.

We see how that the husband and wife is bound and shackled together, as it were, that nothing can tear them apart unless one of the spouse dies and if the surviving spouse wants to marry again then they must marry another believer. This is crucial in the life of a Christian.

Born_Again

If I were you I would do everything to persuade your wife to stay. Divorce is something that is not contemplated in a day, a week, a month, or even a year. It takes a long time to build up. After you've done all you possibly can to make her stay and she still wants to go then in your bond servant relationship to Christ you are to let her go. It will be her sin and not yours but you must remain single and not remarry.

I have another suggestion. Why not sit with her and together read I Corinthians Chapter 7 and specially verse 39. God works in mysterious ways He might even give her a little nudge to wake up her senses.

May God give you wisdom.

In Christ

Reactions: Philomena