Repentance after death

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I'm not saying nor have I ever said all people will be saved... I'm saying we should leave the ultimate judging up to God and not be certain that an honest, humble, charitable person is in hell for all eternity , because we simply do not know.

There were many Jews in the concentration camps who were tortured mercilessly, then died without knowing Jesus as their lord and savior. I'm saying we don't know for certain that their suffering after the concentration camps just became that much worse in the next life. God's Justice and mercy is perfect.

The Gospel is called "good news". If the soul of Anne Frank is in hell with every other person who died a Jew or non-christians, how is that good news?

I'm saying, teaching such things only further hinders the conversion of many people to Christ.

Not saying I know Anne Frank is in heaven. What I'm saying is I leave the Judgment up to God. The God I know wouldn't burn an innocent Jewish child in hell!

You can't say leave judgement is up to God, then give examples where his judgement would be unacceptable.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The Gospel is called "good news".

It is 'Good News' because it tells us how we can be in a right relationship with God.
But it also makes crystal clear that there is only one way to get right with God.

That means it doesn't matter how nice a person is, if they have ignored the clear evidence that there is a God and have not sought to know God they will not be saved.

Can you discribe someone who has deliberatly rejected Jesus's sacrifice as innocent?

Trump0101

Jan 7, 2018
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is 'Good News' because it tells us how we can be in a right relationship with God.
But it also makes crystal clear that there is only one way to get right with God.

That means it doesn't matter how nice a person is, if they have ignored the clear evidence that there is a God and have not sought to know God they will not be saved.

Can you discribe someone who has deliberatly rejected Jesus's sacrifice as innocent?
And how do you know Anne Frank deliberately chose to reject Jesus's sacrifice? She may not have known any better and been brainwashed to not know any better

Reactions: bbyrd009

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And how do you know Anne Frank deliberately chose to reject Jesus's sacrifice? She may not have known any better and been brainwashed to not know any better

Romans 1:18, The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.
21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can't say leave judgement is up to God, then give examples where his judgement would be unacceptable.
But neither can you, nor I, nor anyone of us decide what God's final judgment on any person based upon our own knowledge and beliefs. When, and only when, we know all that God's knows will we be in a position to render such a final judgement.