Repentance endless cycle

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you find something about my statement you found false maam? Of course I repent every time I commit a serious sin.
I gave you a clue - Acts 2:38 Repent once to receive the Holy Spirit. That is the same as 1 John 1:9 which does not mean a vicious cycle of sin, repent, sin, repent with no power over sin. NO! When we are cleansed of all unrighteousness, that includes taking away the SOURCE - the sin nature, so we have a clean nature that partakes of the Divine Nature of God. 2 Peter 1:2-4.

What is so shocking to me is the number of denominations, your's now included because of your statement, that doesn't have the indwelling Spirit to PREVENT their sinning again once they've been filled with the Spirit in the first place. Some denominations don't even talk about the Spirit, and most of their flock do not have Christ's Spirit in them and thus do not belong to Him, Romans 8:9. Jesus was manifest to take away our sin (from where? Our nature) and (abiding) in Him there is no sin. 1 John 3:5.

So, yes, there is something VERY FALSE about your statement. And IGNORANT of why Jesus came. It was not so you could sin without condemnation as I've heard some on this forum say. ANOTHER SHOCK AND INCREDULOUSNESS.

For those who willfully sin after receiving the Holy Spirit, what further sacrifice is there. Hebrews 10:26-31 and it is impossible to cause them to repent after they have turned away Hebrews 6:1-8. There is another false teaching of demons which says Jesus died for our past, present and future sins, when the Bible says only our past sins 2 Peter 1:9. That is why the demons cause them to be blind to the power of the Spirit.

Last edited:

Daydreamer

Oct 2, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There is another false teaching of demons which says Jesus died for our past, present and future sins, when the Bible says only our past sins 2 Peter 1:9. That is why the demons cause them to be blind to the power of the Spirit.
Then christians must live their lives under righteousness of obeying the law

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I gave you a clue - Acts 2:38 Repent once to receive the Holy Spirit. That is the same as 1 John 1:9 which does not mean a vicious cycle of sin, repent, sin, repent with no power over sin. NO! When we are cleansed of all unrighteousness, that includes taking away the SOURCE - the sin nature, so we have a clean nature that partakes of the Divine Nature of God. 2 Peter 1:2-4.

What is so shocking to me is the number of denominations, your's now included because of your statement, that doesn't have the indwelling Spirit to PREVENT their sinning again once they've been filled with the Spirit in the first place. Some denominations don't even talk about the Spirit, and most of their flock do not have Christ's Spirit in them and thus do not belong to Him, Romans 8:9. Jesus was manifest to take away our sin (from where? Our nature) and (abiding) in Him there is no sin. 1 John 3:5.

So, yes, there is something VERY FALSE about your statement. And IGNORANT of why Jesus came. It was not so you could sin without condemnation as I've heard some on this forum say. ANOTHER SHOCK AND INCREDULOUSNESS.

For those who willfully sin after receiving the Holy Spirit, what further sacrifice is there. Hebrews 10:26-31 and it is impossible to cause them to repent after they have turned away Hebrews 6:1-8. There is another false teaching of demons which says Jesus died for our past, present and future sins, when the Bible says only our past sins 2 Peter 1:9. That is why the demons cause them to be blind to the power of the Spirit.

Most Christians do not receive the holy spirit maam, so it would be wise of you to examine who that passage was speaking about. You quoted correctly and the term willingly comes into play for those anointed Christians, but make no mistake, that is relevant for all Christians as well.

Some here feel they no longer sin, may I ask are you one of them?

There were really three reasons why Jesus came Lady, first from his own mouth he said:
(Luke 4:43) . . .“I must also declare the good news of the Kingdom of God to other cities, because for this I was sent.”

Most of us are familiar that God sent him for this reason: Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
to: (Daniel 9:24) . . .terminate the transgression, to finish off sin, to make atonement for error, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up the vision and the prophecy,. . .
to provide: (1 Timothy 2:6) . . .a corresponding ransom for all. . .

One that most are unaware of is to answer satans challenge: (Job 2:4, 5) . . .Satan answered Jehovah: “Skin for skin. A man will give everything that he has for his life. 5 But, for a change, stretch out your hand and strike his bone and flesh, and he will surely curse you to your very face.”

That was literally speaking about Job, who did not fail at that time, but it really didn't answer the question that man was incapable of living the life Jehovah requires. The only 2 perfect individuals that ever lived sinned, but Jesus kept his integrity when they struck his bone and flesh to death maam. So yes perfect man is able to live without sinning.

If you feel I am incorrect in my assessment of why Jesus came, please enlighten me maam.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then christians must live their lives under righteousness of obeying the law

Not "the law," but the eternal law of Love God with all your spirit, soul and body, and Love your neighbor as yourself.

The eternal law is deeper than the surface laws of the letter of the Ten Commandments.

Reactions: Nancy

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some here feel they no longer sin, may I ask are you one of them?

Most Christians do not receive the holy spirit maam, so it would be wise of you to examine who that passage was speaking about. You quoted correctly and the term willingly comes into play for those anointed Christians, but make no mistake, that is relevant for all Christians as well.

There are two types of sin; which are you speaking of? If you read the word of God, what does it say about the born again and sinning? I am born again. Are you? Are those who say they don't sin wrong according to God's word?

Your question stating "that passage" is vague. I quoted many passages. Do you believe those Christians that do not have the Spirit are bound for heaven?

Last edited:

Daydreamer

Oct 2, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Not "the law," but the eternal law of Love God with all your spirit, soul and body, and Love your neighbor as yourself.

The eternal law is deeper than the surface laws of the letter of the Ten Commandments.
Well as Paul told born again christians the ten commandments are the letter that kills, the ministry of death and condemnation, if you want to up the law from that in relation to stating truly born again christians will perfectly obey the letter of it, I'm afraid you are preaching a phariseeical message. For you know as well as I do you do not perfectly obey the entire commandments of Christ in the gospels

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well as Paul told born again christians the ten commandments are the letter that kills, the ministry of death and condemnation, if you want to up the law from that in relation to stating truly born again christians will perfectly obey the letter of it, I'm afraid you are preaching a phariseeical message. For you know as well as I do you do not perfectly obey the entire commandments of Christ in the gospels

Did you even read my post, let alone understand it? We are not under the Ten Commandments, nor the letter of the law. We are under the New Covenant, the ministry of the Spirit; we establish the LAW. And not the Ten Commandments, but the eternal law of Love God with all your spirit, soul and body. I couldn't have said it more clearly.

Daydreamer

Oct 2, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Did you even read my post, let alone understand it? We are not under the Ten Commandments, nor the letter of the law. We are under the New Covenant, the ministry of the Spirit; we establish the LAW. And not the Ten Commandments, but the eternal law of Love God with all your spirit, soul and body. I couldn't have said it more clearly.
Yes you said it clearly. And you believe born again christians do not commit any sin. So if the law christians commit no sin against, goes deeper than the law Paul stated was the letter that kills, the ministry of death and condemnation, you are preaching a phariseeical message. For Christ explained what the law of love is in his commands, and you do not perfectly obey them. Are you reading this, can you not understand it?

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes you said it clearly. And you believe born again christians do not commit any sin. So if the law christians commit no sin against, goes deeper than the law Paul stated was the letter that kills, the ministry of death and condemnation, you are preaching a phariseeical message. For Christ explained what the law of love is in his commands, and you do not perfectly obey them. Are you reading this, can you not understand it?

What is the context of 1 John 3:9? Which type of sin. There are two.

Daydreamer

Oct 2, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What is the context of 1 John 3:9? Which type of sin. There are two.
If I asked nearly all christians if you had to be sinless/perfect in the flesh to be in a saved state they would reply ''No'' (1John1:8) for they would know they are not sinless
However, if asked the same people if a person could be saved if they lived a lifestyle of sin they would also respond ''No'' 1John3:5-9)

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I asked nearly all christians if you had to be sinless/perfect in the flesh to be in a saved state they would reply ''No'' (1John1:8) for they would know they are not sinless
However, if asked the same people if a person could be saved if they lived a lifestyle of sin they would also respond ''No'' 1John3:5-9)

Is a sinner righteous or holy?

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Is 1 John 1:8 really about a Christian?

Last edited:

Daydreamer

Oct 2, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What do you care what I "think"? What does the Word of God SAY? John 8:32-36; Revelation 22:11.
You dont understand John8:32-36. Im afraid people who demand of others what they do not demand of themselves, scripturally speaking don't understand the message

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obviously, unless you want to try and twist scripture
If WE(John includes himself in the we) claim(present tense) to be without sin we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us

How much sin does 1 John 1:9 take away? That is the verse following 1 John 1:8 you quoted.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You dont understand John8:32-36. Im afraid people who demand of others what they do not demand of themselves, scripturally speaking don't understand the message

So if you think you are a teacher, then what does it mean, and how?