Repentance endless cycle

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Daydreamer

Oct 2, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
How much sin does 1 John 1:9 take away? That is the verse following 1 John 1:8 you quoted.
Perhaps you would like to answer a question instead of just asking them. Do you perfectly obey the letter of all of Christ's commands in the gospels without any slip ups?

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps you would like to answer a question instead of just asking them. Do you perfectly obey the letter of all of Christ's commands in the gospels without any slip ups?

I keep the Spirit of the law as we are no longer under the letter of the law which kills. Do you keep the letter or the Spirit?

Daydreamer

Oct 2, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I keep the Spirit of the law as we are no longer under the letter of the law which kills. Do you keep the letter or the Spirit?
Answer the question please. Do you perfectly at all times obey all of Christ's commands in the gospels. The answer is yes or no

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are lying. So you are not sinless are you

Instead of outright calling me a liar, why don't you answer my question and let's get to the bottom of the Truth.

The question was. How much sin is left after confessing your sin in 1 John 1:9? A little? Or all? Or none?

Daydreamer

Oct 2, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Instead of outright calling me a liar, why don't you answer my question and let's get to the bottom of the Truth.

The question was. How much sin is left after confessing your sin in 1 John 1:9? A little? Or all? Or none?
I'm done with you. You have proved beyond doubt you do not practice what you preach/demand of others. You have no problem at all with being untruthful while claiming constantly you are sinless

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm done with you. You have proved beyond doubt you do not practice what you preach/demand of others. You have no problem at all with being untruthful while claiming constantly you are sinless

You're a coward. I'd run from the truth too if I was you. I'm glad I'm not.

Daydreamer

Oct 2, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

I will answer this, then I will put you on ignore. In verse 8 John is referring to the fact, obviously no one can live a sinless life, in that respect, if we say we have no sin we deceive ourselves. If we came before God and asked him to forgive ALL our sins, we may, for a fleeting time be in a sinless state, but it would not last for long, as you would know if you understood the requirements of the law you profess to perfectly keep. Its a pity you cannot discern the message, only repeat the letter randomly without understanding. But then, people who make untruthful statements whilst claiming to be sinless, cannot I am afraid understand the truth of the spiritual message of scripture

Last edited:

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will answer this, then I will put you on ignore. In verse 8 John is referring to the fact, obviously no one can live a sinless life, in that respect, if we say we have no sin we deceive ourselves. If we came before God and asked him to forgive ALL our sins, we may, for a fleeting time be in a sinless state, but it would not last for long, as you would know if you understood the requirements of the law you profess to perfectly keep. Its a pity you cannot discern the message, only repeat the letter randomly without understanding. But then, people who make untruthful statements whilst claiming to be sinless, cannot I am afraid understand the truth of the spiritual message of scripture

The problem with your mind is you can only think what a natural man can do, NOT with the Holy Spirit if you receive Him, which you haven't. He is all powerful and inside us kills our sin nature nailing it to the cross. Romans 6:6-7. Then we are resurrected with a powerful new nature in this life that doesn't even desire to sin. That is the GRACE OF GOD, which is the DIVINE POWER OF GOD, not the doctrine of demons that we will always sin that you are blinded with. I hope those pesky demons didn't make you put the truth on ignore before you read it. They want to keep you ignorant all the way to hell.

He's a coward. But don't you be. Repent and receive the Holy Spirit of God, and you too can be free from the desire to sin, and will be able to understand every scripture I gave that the Spirit wrote, instead of running away like a scared rabbit like DD did.

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are two types of sin; which are you speaking of? If you read the word of God, what does it say about the born again and sinning? I am born again. Are you? Are those who say they don't sin wrong according to God's word?

Your question stating "that passage" is vague. I quoted many passages. Do you believe those Christians that do not have the Spirit are bound for heaven?

No maam, I am not born again, I am one of the other sheep, so therefore I have not been called to reside in heaven. If you are born again, you are definitely one the passage was written for. Keep in mind however, that being born again does not exempt you from sinning, in fact all among us who are born again still sin maam.

As for me, I cannot read hearts, and none of us except those of you that are born again, know for sure if they have been selected for that very special privilege, but if you are I salute you for your integrity and sacrifices you have made in our behalf. I admit I would accept it as well if I had been called, but am very thankful that I was not chosen for that maam. I am puzzled however that if you are born again, how is it you think you are above sin? Might you explain Heb 6:4-6 to me please, as I must be misunderstanding that passage.

Last edited:

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No maam, I am not born again, I am one of the other sheep, so therefore I have not been called to reside in heaven. If you are born again, you are definitely one the passage was written for. Keep in mind however, that being born again does not exempt you from sinning, in fact all among us who are born again still sin maam.

As for me, I cannot read hearts, and none of us except those of you that are born again, know for sure if they have been selected for that very special privilege, but if you are I salute you for your integrity and sacrifices you have made in our behalf. I admit I would accept it as well if I had been called, but am very thankful that I was not chosen for that maam. I am puzzled however that if you are born again, how is it you think you are above sin? Might you explain Heb 6:4-6 to me please, as I must be misunderstanding that passage.

This is a very enlightening post about your beliefs. I didn't know that Jehovah Witnesses don't claim to be born again? Then again, the question: aren't you a Jehovah Witness, or am I wrong about that too? What do you claim to be if not a Christian either? And where will you be if not in heaven?

It is interesting that JW's believe He is speaking of JW's, and Mormons' believe He is speaking of Mormons. But I know that both believe Jesus as their Savior, if not God.

The verse about 'other sheep' said by Jesus was to the Jews, and the 'other sheep' were about the Gentiles among those Jews that believed in Jesus, the Jewish Messiah. Jesus already knew that many Jews would reject Him, and give way for the Gentiles to become the wild olive branches grafted into the natural olive tree of Israel where Jesus is the Root. Romans 11. Since the beginning of Christ's Church, not all of Israel become His until all the Gentiles that will believe have believed. Then the rest of national Israel who were partially blinded because of their unbelief will see again clearly and accept Jesus as the Messiah, during which time the Church (a mixture of all believers both Jew and Gentile) are called "the rest of her offspring." The Gentiles in that group are the 'other sheep' He speaks of who keep the commandments of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ. (the end of Rev. 12)

As for your question about Hebrews 6...

On another Christian site of forums I am speaking with a Jew that was once a Christian, but has forsaken Christ, and doesn't believe the New Testament at all anymore. It is impossible for her to come back, for she will put Jesus to open shame.

4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

Now your question about not sinning. That is actually not sinning willfully. It has to do with the New Covenant. Only those who are born again of the Holy Spirit do not sin. IOW, the commandments against the moral commandments of the Ten Commandments, the last 6, we cannot commit. 1 John 3:4-5. That is because Jesus took away the sin nature of lawlessness that we inherited because of Adam's sin, and death came into the world. We now partake of the divine nature of God. (2 Peter 1:2-4. But read to verse 11.) You will see that our past sins, verse 9, were what was cleansed out of us, not the "present and future" sins that is part of the doctrine of demons that most of the Church has adopted, and most of the Church doesn't even teach on the Holy Spirit and His power in us, so I'm not surprised by your question.

This is why Hebrews 10:26-31 is about WILLFUL sin. It is not about unintentional sin, about trespasses from immature fruit of the Spirit that according to 2 Peter 1:5-7 if you read it all the way to 11, is a process of steps to perfection and can take many years. This is why Paul called the Corinthians, "carnal babes." They had not grown to maturity in the fruit of the Spirit. (Matthew 6:14-15).

26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries. 28 Anyone who has rejected Moses’ law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. And again, “The Lord will judge His people.” 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Therefore, the nature for major sins is taken away immediately, but minor trespasses takes time. But even though, through gained knowledge we learn what are sins (i.e., worry is a sin), a true follower of Jesus Christ will always live up to the knowledge they presently have. Philippians 3:16. And what's more, a born again person freed from sin will keep themselves pure if they want to go to heaven 1 John 3:1-3; 1 John 5:18.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a very enlightening post about your beliefs. I didn't know that Jehovah Witnesses don't claim to be born again? Then again, the question: aren't you a Jehovah Witness, or am I wrong about that too? What do you claim to be if not a Christian either? And where will you be if not in heaven?

It is interesting that JW's believe He is speaking of JW's, and Mormons' believe He is speaking of Mormons. But I know that both believe Jesus as their Savior, if not God.

The verse about 'other sheep' said by Jesus was to the Jews, and the 'other sheep' were about the Gentiles among those Jews that believed in Jesus, the Jewish Messiah. Jesus already knew that many Jews would reject Him, and give way for the Gentiles to become the wild olive branches grafted into the natural olive tree of Israel where Jesus is the Root. Romans 11. Since the beginning of Christ's Church, not all of Israel become His until all the Gentiles that will believe have believed. Then the rest of national Israel who were partially blinded because of their unbelief will see again clearly and accept Jesus as the Messiah, during which time the Church (a mixture of all believers both Jew and Gentile) are called "the rest of her offspring." The Gentiles in that group are the 'other sheep' He speaks of who keep the commandments of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ. (the end of Rev. 12)

As for your question about Hebrews 6...

On another Christian site of forums I am speaking with a Jew that was once a Christian, but has forsaken Christ, and doesn't believe the New Testament at all anymore. It is impossible for her to come back, for she will put Jesus to open shame.

4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

Now your question about not sinning. That is actually not sinning willfully. It has to do with the New Covenant. Only those who are born again of the Holy Spirit do not sin. IOW, the commandments against the moral commandments of the Ten Commandments, the last 6, we cannot commit. 1 John 3:4-5. That is because Jesus took away the sin nature of lawlessness that we inherited because of Adam's sin, and death came into the world. We now partake of the divine nature of God. (2 Peter 1:2-4. But read to verse 11.) You will see that our past sins, verse 9, were what was cleansed out of us, not the "present and future" sins that is part of the doctrine of demons that most of the Church has adopted, and most of the Church doesn't even teach on the Holy Spirit and His power in us, so I'm not surprised by your question.

This is why Hebrews 10:26-31 is about WILLFUL sin. It is not about unintentional sin, about trespasses from immature fruit of the Spirit that according to 2 Peter 1:5-7 if you read it all the way to 11, is a process of steps to perfection and can take many years. This is why Paul called the Corinthians, "carnal babes." They had not grown to maturity in the fruit of the Spirit. (Matthew 6:14-15).

26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries. 28 Anyone who has rejected Moses’ law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. And again, “The Lord will judge His people.” 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Therefore, the nature for major sins is taken away immediately, but minor trespasses takes time. But even though, through gained knowledge we learn what are sins (i.e., worry is a sin), a true follower of Jesus Christ will always live up to the knowledge they presently have. Philippians 3:16. And what's more, a born again person freed from sin will keep themselves pure if they want to go to heaven 1 John 3:1-3; 1 John 5:18.

Very good questions maam, yes I am one of Jehovah's witnesses same as Jesus was. One of Jesus' disciples, therefore we are Christians. God made man to live on earth, and of course He has not changed His mind about that. You may be familiar with Jesus' words that the meek would inherit the earth. A few Christians will go to heaven having been selected from among Christians to rule with Christ in heaven, and they will rule over the earth, the Kingdom that is soon to come Lady. When Jesus returns, he is only going to remove those who do not know God or obey his gospel 2 Thes 1:6-9
Ps 37:9-11, there will be an innumerable great crowd that will come out of the tribulation Rev 7:9,14.

The Bible states there is one faith, and of course God has always had just one people from the first covenant, and the Bible identifies the faith. I would like to address all your questions, but do not want to lay too much upon you all at once. So lets take it slow, ask me one question, and I will address it more fully. Thank you so much for your honest inquiries Lady.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very good questions maam, yes I am one of Jehovah's witnesses same as Jesus was. One of Jesus' disciples, therefore we are Christians. God made man to live on earth, and of course He has not changed His mind about that. You may be familiar with Jesus' words that the meek would inherit the earth. A few Christians will go to heaven having been selected from among Christians to rule with Christ in heaven, and they will rule over the earth, the Kingdom that is soon to come Lady. When Jesus returns, he is only going to remove those who do not know God or obey his gospel 2 Thes 1:6-9
Ps 37:9-11, there will be an innumerable great crowd that will come out of the tribulation Rev 7:9,14.

The Bible states there is one faith, and of course God has always had just one people from the first covenant, and the Bible identifies the faith. I would like to address all your questions, but do not want to lay too much upon you all at once. So lets take it slow, ask me one question, and I will address it more fully. Thank you so much for your honest inquiries Lady.

So if you are also a Christian, then why did you say "Keep in mind however, that being born again does not exempt you from sinning, in fact all among us who are born again still sin maam."

I can understand you saying that by your experience when you said, "No maam, I am not born again." And many among those who claim to be born again are not, so believe because they can sin and are born again, that Jesus did not take away our sin, just the condemnation for it (a heresy). They are still in the flesh and cannot please God. Only those who have experienced the death to the spirit and soul and been reborn Now without sin can please God. Romans 8:8-9

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Amen! I was also filled with the Holy Spirit before being baptised. I also know that baptism doesn't save you but it is rather an acknowledgement of Christ's death and resurrection on my behalf as I follow that same path via baptism. It is also an outward expression to family and friends that I have chosen to follow God through his son Jesus Christ.
My understanding is that the indwelling of the Holy Spirit comes to the believer at the new birth:

"But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his." (Romans 8.9)

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi User, our assignment as Christians is to baptize others educating them in all the things the law of the Christ commands sir. That is all we can do as Christians. Those particular words have meaning, but not literal, as the name of the holy spirit is not given in scripture, nor is it a being.

Very good point. Folks invoke the words in Matt 28:19 as though they are actual "names".

Reactions: Robert Gwin

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So if you are also a Christian, then why did you say "Keep in mind however, that being born again does not exempt you from sinning, in fact all among us who are born again still sin maam."

I can understand you saying that by your experience when you said, "No maam, I am not born again." And many among those who claim to be born again are not, so believe because they can sin and are born again, that Jesus did not take away our sin, just the condemnation for it (a heresy). They are still in the flesh and cannot please God. Only those who have experienced the death to the spirit and soul and been reborn Now without sin can please God. Romans 8:8-9

Obviously since the other sheep are Jesus' disciples too, then they are pleasing to God Lady Jn 10:16 May I ask you what the meaning of Mat 6:10 is?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Both water baptism and Holy Spirit are necessary to complete the work that repentance begins, together complete the full work of forgiveness...

Disagree.
Water Birth from a mans Seed and Spirit Birth from Gods Seed IS the Complete requirement to once and forever BE WITH the Lord God Almighty.

Water Birth is effected by an earthly mans natural seed having fertilized an earthly woman’s natural seed via intercourse and 9 months later the seed having developed into a reproduced human, gushes forth from it’s naturally formed watery encasement called (via medical jargon): a placenta/ ammoniac sac/ and the watery fluid, called ammoniac fluid.

Holy Spirit Baptism is effected by God circumcising the natural Heart, giving man a new Heart, and within that New Vessel (Heart) God via His Spiritual Power, Planting His Seed, in that New Vessel, which BIRTHS “internally” that man “A NeW SPIRIT”.... which simply means...
That mans “OLD” natural truth, confusion, wondering, doubting, believing, wavering Belief ABOUT GOD...is CUT OFF...circumcised...

AND the “REBORN” of Gods SEED...which IS absolute TRUTH, (without wondering, doubting, wavering)...OF Gods Word, springs forth in LIFE.

Confession of Belief...IS an AUDIBLE, (sort of satisfying to the EARS of men)
Water Baptism...IS a VISIBLE ritual, satisfying to the EYES of men.
Spiritual Baptism...IS INTERNAL, seen by NO EYES of human men.

Remember...Gods own disappointment in Human men...??
Men WHO heard the taught Word of God, but, but, but....WAVERED, sort of believed, sometimes believed, somethings doubted...
Mans....SOLUTION...(to their wavering, doubting)...and APPEAL TO God?
was...MAN wanted to SEE GOD...so THEN the man could BE SURE...IF man could JUST SEE GOD....cause...nothing different unto this day...
...Hearing is interesting, maybe believable...BUT HEY, SEEING is the clincher TO Believing.

AND....God relented, and gave MAN what he asked for...and HOW DID MANS’ SOLUTION work out?
Men Heard, Men Saw....and mans solution is a HUGE FAILURE, by the Majority of men WHO begged FOR that “solution”.

The Same continues TODAY...”if God is real”... “Show me, I want to SEE, where is He...Prove to me....blah, blah.”

Last edited: