Repentance is by will for Jesus' sake

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
The free will of the flesh is to reject Christ, to not believe in Him.
Well, at least you acknowledge free will. However, our bodies have no will of their own, whether free or not.

Now we go on to blame the body for what we do with it? My mouth don't speak unless I give the words and move the lips. My had doesn't touch unless I give the command and move the fingers.

People can say they are ruled by their bodies, but it's just a lying excuse for ruling over the body badly.

"It's as if my body had a mind of it's own" Is just an expression, not a truth.

That is why Christ says the things he does, as in John 6
It is the Spirit which gives life, the flesh is worthless.
Very good. And so you statement about the free will of the flesh is false. Afterall, if our own bodies do have their own will, then they certainly aren't at all worthless, but are entirely important toward doing anything in life.

The only importance the flesh has in this life is to house the spirit in, so that we can do things in this life with the body.

Unbelievers are only in the flesh, and not in the Spirit, and they don't belong to Christ.
True. However more accurately, the Bible says the natural man is only into the things of the flesh. They only mind, or put their mind, to the things of the body.

Afterall, all spirits and soul of man are in the flesh.

Even God Himself Jesus Christ is come in the flesh.

There's nothing in the flesh itself, but molecule tissue.

63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing.
This is where the Son of God begins to show the people of God, that there will be no more genealogical profit towards being in the Israel of God,

This is why Jesus was so hated by the unbelieving Jews. Nicodemus shows they knew who He was from God, but they did not at all want to believe His message to them.

It's the same with some Christians today. The only play lip-service to the Bible as the truth of God, but they don't want to believe all that the Bible says to us about entering into and living in the kingdom of God.

It's the repent of all transgressions, and live holily at all times, that they get offended (just as the Jews did about natural bloodline), and refuse to believe it. Why? because they refuse to repent and do it.

All unbelief in the truth of the gospel, is by unrepentance. That includes those naming the name of Christ or not. The common denominator is repenting not of all sins and trespasses.

The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.

This is good proof that no words nor works of man are from the flesh, but only from our heart and mind using the body to say and do such things, whether for the good or for the evil.

“Therefore I have said to you that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted to him by My Father.”
Exactly, no man can come to Jesus of his own will, without first repenting of our own will.

For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

Nor does the Father grant anyone to come into His house, just by repenting alone. As I've said, any man can repent of anything he wants, if he puts his mind to it, but only them repenting of all sins and trespasses for Jesus' sake, can come to the Father by Him.

This is why the unrepented Christians sinners also are not allowed to enter into the holy and pure kingdom of God. Because they never repent of all there sins, but only some, and only when they feel like it. (Which is what this thread is all about)

The Father doesn't give freedom to come to the Son for those who repent for Allah's sake, nor for those who only partially repent at their leisure for a Christian show to others.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Yes it was my decision to receive Him. But I was blinded in my mind and following the devil before I believed and was unable to make a free will choice to believe, just as 2 Cor 4 you quoted says of unbelievers that they are blinded to the light of the gospel of Christ.

3 But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, 4 whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them.

After God shone His light into my heart, He had made me born again of the Spirit and I freely received Him.

as 1 John 5 says
Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves Him who begot also loves him who is begotten of Him
You've made one single direct challenge to just one of the many points I offer. I'm going to have to see another, so as not to be dragged alone in a one-sided conversation.

I'll dispute with you the points you make, if I disagree. I require the same of others. You see, I'm not on a debate thread just to put out what I got. I honestly would like to see and sound correction of it, so that it can be better perfected for me.

So, if you're not willing to respond to challenges, then of course you're perfectly free to keep posting independently.

You see how free will works with liberty and freedom to do as we wish? Allowing others their independence of free will, is called live and let live...which could not be possible without free will, as well as acknowledging the right to free will of others.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.

There are two kinds of repentance with man on earth: Man's half-hearted repentance by his own will for his own glory with a corruptible crown, and God's whole-hearted repentance for Jesus' sake and glory with the incorruptible crown.

1. Man's repentance is 'at his own time', as they say, and according to his own will and purposes of success. In religion of man, including the Christian version, it's called 'progressive sanctification' from sinning by gradual repentance of things that hinder and corrupt their goal and crown.

It's the religious repentance of convenience, that never ends in whole repentance of all sins and trespasses, but only in part. The resulting religious conversion is to sin less than before, but never cease the sinning.

It's called sinners saved by grace.

I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

2. God's repentance granted to the heart and life of any man, according to the commanded will of God for Jesus' sake. It starts with whole hearted repentance of all our transgressions and lust itself.

Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

The immediate operation of God by His Spirit is being given a quick and whole new heart and life with circumcision and sanctification of Christ.

Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

We are newborn at once into the pure religion of Jesus Christ, with the divine nature and power of the Son and Spirit given to us, keep ourselves from sinning with the world, even as the Son did by the father and that same Holy Spirit.

It's called saints in Christ Jesus.

And so, man's repentance is only in part for his own purposes at his own time and will, whether for religion, health, career, etc... But God's repentance is whole and complete at once by His will, for Jesus' sake alone.

Man's own limited repentance by his own will and of his own choosing for a corruptible crown, and God's own completed repentance granted to man by His own commandment for His own Son's sake for His own incorruptible crown of righteousness and everlasting life.

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
There is a third claimed repentance that is not repentance, neither by man nor from God. It's called repentance of the 'mind'.

It's the delusional doctrine of hearers only, who only change their minds about sin by hearing the word, but harden themselves not to change their hearts from sinning.

It's mocked by men and God alike. Men that do repent in deed for their own crown in life, laugh at it as childish mind-games. And God who commands whole hearted repentance of lusting and sinning, despises it as religious insult to His Spirit of grace:

Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Doctrinal repentance of the mind despises the Spirit of grace, who convicts the heart to obey God and repent of all our transgressions now.

It's continued unholiness in life, counts the blood of the Lamb of God as an unholy thing, that only covers unrepented sinning. The Son's blood is made even worse than that of bulls and goats, which was at least commanded in the OT of God.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
There is a third claimed repentance that is not repentance, neither by man nor from God. It's called repentance of the 'mind'.

It's the delusional doctrine of hearers only, who only change their minds about sin by hearing the word, but harden themselves not to change their hearts from sinning.

It's mocked by men and God alike. Men that do repent in deed for their own crown in life, laugh at it as childish mind-games. And God who commands whole hearted repentance of lusting and sinning, despises it as religious insult to His Spirit of grace:

Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Doctrinal repentance of the mind despises the Spirit of grace, who convicts the heart to obey God and repent of all our transgressions now.

It's continued unholiness in life, counts the blood of the Lamb of God as an unholy thing, that only covers unrepented sinning. The Son's blood is made even worse than that of bulls and goats, which was at least commanded in the OT of God.