Rest In Your Residency

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
mjrhealth said:
Man is carnal God is spirit, men seek God in a book, when God seeks men in the Spirit.

Rom_8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

that is why He has so few sons yet so many children.

Much to tell you but so few believe He is real and that they can have Him now because of what he did. He truly is amazing.
well, i agree with all that, and i doubt you could get anyone to disagree. But you have not answered the question, with all due respect.

what scenario you might envision wherein the Spirit would violate the Book?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
what scenario you might envision wherein the Spirit would violate the Book?
You have to ask yourself the question, who is God teh bible or God,?? Does God have to agree with teh bible or is it teh bible that should agree with God,??? The bible has no life in it, it says there right in the bible, so God is the greater and it should agree with Him. But which of the 70 version and amny differnt texts actually agrees with God, God never changes but the bible has.Gods word, that what He speaks, is not copyright but the bible is, one is spirit the other carnal.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
mjrhealth said:
You have to ask yourself the question, who is God teh bible or God,?? Does God have to agree with teh bible or is it teh bible that should agree with God,??? The bible has no life in it, it says there right in the bible, so God is the greater and it should agree with Him. But which of the 70 version and amny differnt texts actually agrees with God, God never changes but the bible has.Gods word, that what He speaks, is not copyright but the bible is, one is spirit the other carnal.
ah, sure. I do not consider translations to even be the Bible proper, so maybe that explains the difference.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
yes funny how a million christians cant agree with the bible ???? thats why these froums are here. and yet it is you that speaks so much of the devil and sin.???Out of a mans heart.....
To which Bible do you refer? The many corrupt newer versions which are based on the corrupt "Critical Text", or KJV and all the other one that are based on the "Textus Receptus" New Testament which was born out of the God-Ordained Protestant Reformation?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
To which Bible do you refer? The many corrupt newer versions which are based on the corrupt "Critical Text", or KJV and all the other one that are based on the "Textus Receptus" New Testament which was born out of the God-Ordained Protestant Reformation?
They are all corrupt. all translated by men, all with mens influence, all based on documentation that non can verify, most of the text was apparently written years after the event, and God is denied because men prefer a book to the Holy Spirit given to all who believe.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Which the Book even goes into detail on, that many will do that. So if you are dealing with someone who has made the Book into the Word, and confidently assures you that they have found an absolute truth in It, when you ask for any Scripture that demonstrates this absolute truth, and get no answer, then you have all the answer that you need, seems to me. Iow if the Book is your God, and you can be stumped by the Book, then you are going to be shown to be a hypocrite; but this requires knowledge of the Book, it seems to me.

Why one would want to debate with the dead is maybe a more cogent question, but i understand that you kind of get drawn into these. Men prefer the Book because men desire to know things, and have proof; i don't think you can blame men for that. You maybe forget what a powerful mooring that the illusion provided for your consciousness, even if it was imaginary. I don't know about you, mjr, but it was a process of extreme cognitive dissonance to meet Him in the air, and let all of that go. Even if we are just talking about becoming like a little child again, with, i agree, no need of the Book on a personal level, once you find Word. But if you still want to converse with other seekers, and discuss spiritual truths, you aren't going to violate the Book anyway, right. At least not in the original.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But if you still want to converse with other seekers, and discuss spiritual truths, you aren't going to violate the Book anyway, right. At least not in the original.
That is the problem is it not, when you discuss things with with christians you have no choice as they wont listen to anything else, even the Holy Spirit is relegated has lost His place in Christianity, yet you can talk to non believers without mentioning a bible and they believe you because they see Christ in you, teh way its supposed to be. But cant blame them, we have being lied to and deceived by the religious for so long that most dont know whether they are coming or Going. I cant even blame those who have being called for turning away it seems far harder than it should be.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
mjrhealth said:
That is the problem is it not, when you discuss things with with christians you have no choice as they wont listen to anything else, even the Holy Spirit is relegated has lost His place in Christianity, yet you can talk to non believers without mentioning a bible and they believe you because they see Christ in you, teh way its supposed to be. But cant blame them, we have being lied to and deceived by the religious for so long that most dont know whether they are coming or Going. I cant even blame those who have being called for turning away it seems far harder than it should be.
ya; yet little kids seem to have no problems...lol. See that maybe a way has to be provided for a hypocrite to be a hypocrite, in order for us to reveal our true hearts. One cannot even read all of the Book without becoming convicted about the religious imo; the signs are just too many. Telling someone a truth that they are not prepared to hear is like telling a father that his daughter is a whore or something, i guess. At least that has been my experience.

i tell myself that in a public forum, it is still worth it because of future readers; and i just hope it is true. But of course a more holistic look at any truth is by definition never going to make one popular lol. In the moment i think you have to trust that the truth is expressed between two posters, somewhere, and accept that readers fall reliably along a bell-curve. And that you are only responding to one point along the curve, yet might easily mistake it for the whole.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
mjrhealth said:
That is the problem is it not, when you discuss things with with christians you have no choice as they wont listen to anything else
ha, note that most Christians cannot even reflect upon any Scripture that does not fit with their pov; it would not matter if God Himself came down and told them that Word = God, notice, once one has decided that they know for a fact that Word = Bible. So again, the Bible works in your favor, whether anyone else disputes with you in the moment or not--so what?

and there is no condemnation in this, even if it is easy and tempting to go there. Why add pride to knowledge? You might end up keeping someone who disagreed yesterday from agreeing today, from allowing your planted seed to fruit, by poisoning their ground, so to speak. Don't get me wrong, i'm prolly better at this than you are, lol

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I cant even blame those who have being called for turning away it seems far harder than it should be.
i suggest that we are not qualified to judge who is being called or turning away, even if that is tempting to try and do. I am both seeking a closer walk with Christ, and distracted by the callings of the world, because i must eat and find shelter, etc, and it is tempting to assume that i can care for myself better than God can in some area.

i'm not sure what image most believers have of Paul, and his ministry, but i bet it is not an image of a guy on the run from authorities, with a price on his head, lol. Many or most Christians even imagine him having like an entourage or something, being treated like a Rock Star or whatever. Craving death so he could be with Jesus. Yikes. You cannot be taken seriously by someone in this frame of mind, imo.