Revelation 11-the measure of the temple

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey everyone.....so I am STILL studying Revelation....and this jumped out at me concerning the measuring of the temple....the outer court was not to be measured because it was given to the Gentiles who trampled it for 3.5 years.....
Revelation 11
And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.

2But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

3A
Thank you!
This event is an account of the great Tribulation to come. There will be a temple built in Jerusalem and it will be entered by the counterfeit Christ(antichrist).

There is no symbolism, but a simple measurement for us to read about.

Folks will attempt to make something out of nothing with symbolism.

Only to redefine the meanings of Revelation, which is very bad news to themselves, per chapter 22.

Beware of the preterists.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The book of Revelation is very easy to understand, as long as we don't allow our minds to wander into the abyss.

It is 99.9% literal, with a few symbols.

Easy peasy.

If some symbols are not understood, just leave it alone, don't redefine the passage to mean something else....

18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Reactions: marks

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The book of Revelation is very easy to understand, as long as we don't allow our minds to wander into the abyss.

It is 99.9% literal, with a few symbols.

Easy peasy.

If some symbols are not understood, just leave it alone, don't redefine the passage to mean something else.
GINOLJC, to all.
First thanks for the reply. second, since you said Revelation is 99.9% literal, and since we're in chapter 11 here, who do you say the bible is speaking of as the two witness? if it is literal.

thanks in advance for your reply.

PICJAG.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all.
First thanks for the reply. second, since you said Revelation is 99.9% literal, and since we're in chapter 11 here, who do you say the bible is speaking of as the two witness? if it is literal.

thanks in advance for your reply.

PICJAG.
Not sure, but they will be murdered and resurrected before the world. It will follow with a great earthquake....

3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.

6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.

10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

11 And after three days and an half the spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Notice, that the counterfeit antichrist and his false prophet are given power to deceive men.

The 2 prophets of God also have power, but to persuade men.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure, but they will be murdered and resurrected before the world. It will follow with a great earthquake....

3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.

6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.

10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

11 And after three days and an half the spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
if you're not sure, then why say Revelation is 99.9% literal? if literal, then the book would have told you who the two witness are, straight out.
so no, it's not 99.9% literal, in the Revelation, or the revealing of WHO Jesus the Christ is. listen, Revelation 1:1 "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John".

Signified: G4591 σημαίνω semaino (see-mai'-nō) v.
to indicate.
[from sema (a mark: of uncertain derivation)]
KJV: signify

to indicate means to point out, to show, or better know as symbolize. so no the book is not 99.9% literal.

But thanks for the reply.

PICJAG.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if you're not sure, then why say Revelation is 99.9% literal? if literal, then the book would have told you who the two witness are, straight out.
so no, it's not 99.9% literal, in the Revelation, or the revealing of WHO Jesus the Christ is. listen, Revelation 1:1 "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John".

Signified: G4591 σημαίνω semaino (see-mai'-nō) v.
to indicate.
[from sema (a mark: of uncertain derivation)]
KJV: signify

to indicate means to point out, to show, or better know as symbolize. so no the book is not 99.9% literal.

But thanks for the reply.

PICJAG.
Like I said, the 2 witnesses are not named, so we leave it alone....

We don't want to inherit the Rev 22 curse.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone that changes the meaning of a passage to say something different is subject to this....

18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Meaning, when Jesus is coming with clouds, they are clouds. When Jesus speaks of the saints eating of the tree of life, it is a tree of life.

Period. Don't get your name removed from the book of life.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like I said, the 2 witnesses are not named, so we leave it alone....

We don't want to inherit the Rev 22 curse.
you want if guided by the Holy Spirit. your first mistake is "FEAR". 2 Timothy 1:7 "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind".

now have any of us added or taken away from the book of Revelation? I haven't yet seen any KJV with 101G words added or taken away in the printed words of the bible.
Anyone that changes the meaning of a passage to say something different is subject to this....
that's hog wash, discussing the word of God is not changing his holy word.
Don't get your name removed from the book of life.
again hog wash, so other words sit in darkness? as said I haven't see a bible that says Revelation according to 101G.
Revelation 1:3 "Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand".

Hear is to UNDERSTAND, it's the Greek word,
G191 ἀκούω akouo (a-kou'-ō) v.
1. to hear.
2. (by implication) to listen.
3. (thus) to engage the mind to comprehend what is being heard (i.e. hearken).
{in various senses}
[a primary verb]
KJV: give (in the) audience (of), come (to the ears), (shall) hear(-er, -ken), be noised, be reported, understand

notice definition #3, to comprehend means to "UNDERSTAND" just as how the KJV can translate the word.

so then, Romans 10:12 "For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

Romans 10:13 "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Romans 10:14 "How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

Romans 10:15 "And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

Romans 10:16 "But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

Romans 10:17 "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

by sighting the curse, one overlook the blessing. if one is in christ Jesus you're removed from any curse, for christ will guide you.

PICJAG.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you want if guided by the Holy Spirit. your first mistake is "FEAR". 2 Timothy 1:7 "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind".

now have any of us added or taken away from the book of Revelation? I haven't yet seen any KJV with 101G words added or taken away in the printed words of the bible.

that's hog wash, discussing the word of God is not changing his holy word.

again hog wash, so other words sit in darkness? as said I haven't see a bible that says Revelation according to 101G.
Revelation 1:3 "Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand".

Hear is to UNDERSTAND, it's the Greek word,
G191 ἀκούω akouo (a-kou'-ō) v.
1. to hear.
2. (by implication) to listen.
3. (thus) to engage the mind to comprehend what is being heard (i.e. hearken).
{in various senses}
[a primary verb]
KJV: give (in the) audience (of), come (to the ears), (shall) hear(-er, -ken), be noised, be reported, understand

notice definition #3, to comprehend means to "UNDERSTAND" just as how the KJV can translate the word.

so then, Romans 10:12 "For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

Romans 10:13 "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Romans 10:14 "How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

Romans 10:15 "And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

Romans 10:16 "But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

Romans 10:17 "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

by sighting the curse, one overlook the blessing. if one is in christ Jesus you're removed from any curse, for christ will guide you.

PICJAG.
Nope, the book specifically warns us not to alter it, lest we perish.
I will never redefine Rev like Preterists do.
They have no fear of God.
Preterists need to burn their concordances and believe what they read.
Shame on them

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope, the book specifically warns us not to alter it, lest we perish.
I will never redefine Rev like Preterists do.
They have no fear of God.
Preterists need to burn their concordances and believe what they read.
Shame on them
why attack someone else? why condemn a Preterists or not? what did the Lord Jesus say? Romans 14:13 "Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way".

PICJAG.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
why attack someone else? why condemn a Preterists or not? what did the Lord Jesus say? Romans 14:13 "Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way".

PICJAG.
A warning to the naive is not an attack.
It is a warning.
Is a 15 mph turn sign at a cliffs edge an attack, or warning?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A warning to the naive is not an attack.
It is a warning.
Is a 15 mph turn sign at a cliffs edge an attack, or warning?
Look I have posted where I stand, so we'll leave this back and forth alone

but thanks for your input.

PICJAG.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone wants to make Gods return a future event.
How many times will it be finished?
Ans. When people no longer have faith to believe that God is!
Heb. 11[6] But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Luke 18[8] I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

2 Thes. 2[3] Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and *that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
*note- Textus Receptus Greek uses the word "the"