Revelation 11

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev 11:1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
Rev 11:2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

I'm going to start this study with the first 2 verses.
Now John has just been given a little book, He is to eat it. It tastes sweet but makes his belly bitter. And then is told he must prophecy before peoples, nations, tongues, and kings.
So from the least to the greatest.. this prophecy is for all.

First verse:
Rev 11:1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
There was given me a reed like unto a rod:
reed:
a staff made of a reed, a reed staff
a measuring reed or rod
a writer's reed, a pen
like unto a rod
rod:
a staff, a walking stick, a twig, rod, branch
a rod with which one is beaten
the same word for rod is found in this verse:
Mar 6:8 And commanded them that they should take nothing for their journey, save a staff G4464 only; no scrip, no bread, no money in their purse:
And the angel stood, saying, Rise..

Because this is a vision or prophecy I am using the methaphoric description.
and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.

temple of God:
metaph. the spiritual temple consisting of the saints of all ages joined together by and in Christ
altar:
metaph., the cross on which Christ suffered an expiatory death: to eat of this altar i.e. to appropriate to one's self the fruits of Christ's expiatory death

So John is told to rise and I would interpret it to say: measure the church, which are the born again believers in Christ, who have come to the cross for salvation.

Rev 11:2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.
court:
properly, a place open to the air
measure:
metaphorically, to judge accoding to any rule or standard, to estimate
by what standard ye measure

Gentiles:
a tribe; specially, a foreign (non-Jewish) one (usually, by implication, pagan):—Gentile, heathen, nation, people.
holy city:
the heavenly Jerusalem
he abode of the blessed in heaven
tread under foot:
to tread under foot, trample on, i.e. to treat with insult and contempt: to desecrate the holy city by devastation and outrage

That which is without the church, measure or judge not, it is given unto unbelievers. And they will treat the holy city with insult and contempt.

I hear this in another place:
1Co 5:9 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:
1Co 5:10 Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.
1Co 5:11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
1Co 5:12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
1Co 5:13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First verse:
There was given me a reed like unto a rod:
reed:
a staff made of a reed, a reed staff
a measuring reed or rod
a writer's reed, a pen
like unto a rod
rod:
a staff, a walking stick, a twig, rod, branch
a rod with which one is beaten
the same word for rod is found in this verse:
Mar 6:8 And commanded them that they should take nothing for their journey, save a staff G4464 only; no scrip, no bread, no money in their purse:
And the angel stood, saying, Rise..

Because this is a vision or prophecy I am using the methaphoric description.
and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.

not saying that you're right or wrong, but consider this......
Micah 7:14 "Feed thy people with thy rod, the flock of thine heritage, which dwell solitarily in the wood, in the midst of Carmel: let them feed in Bashan and Gilead, as in the days of old".

the measure is by the golden reed, Holness in LOVE

the Temple of God, not any tenple, but the TEMPLE OF GOD which is the PEOPLE of God. measure the correct worship of his people

the temple of God is his people, 1 Corinthians 3:16 "Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?".

This was given unto John, as well as the book he took. it seems to be by designed, the holy Scripture, or the word of God, which is sometimes called a line, a rule, and a rod, Ps 19:4, "Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun" which is the rule and precept to measure of doctrine and faith; and by it all doctrine is to be tried and measured, and whatsoever is not agreeably to it is not of God, nor to be received, but rejected; and it is the rule and measure of all discipline, worship, and practice; it lays down the plan of a Gospel church, which should be gathered out of the world, and separated from it; it shows who are the proper materials of it, what officers are to be constituted in it, and what ordinances are to be administered, and what laws and rules should be observed in receiving and rejecting of members, and according to which the whole community should walk; in short, it directs to all the forms, laws, and ordinances of God's house

2 Corinthians 10:12 "For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise. (BINGO)

Matthew 7:1 "Judge not, that ye be not judged. Matthew 7:2 "For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again".

Romans 14:13 "Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way." (BINGO)

Revelation 11:2 "But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months."
42 month is 3 1/2 years the life time of the ministry of the TWO witness. the Lord Jesus and John the baptist.

for 3 1/2 years the Gentiles is to be without word of God, supportive scripture, Matthew 10:5 "These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

Matthew 10:6 "But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

the Gentiles are to wait, Isaiah 42:4 Isaiah 51:5

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see scales when it comes to measure.. In the balance.. found wanting..
measure up...
God measures those in the outer court, or gentiles.. judges those without..on the outside.. without the law, but have written on their hearts.
there's parables about this but I need coffee..
I wandered over to the ships of Chittim and found an interesting passage regarding the daughter of Tyre.
I need to come back here, but I want to finish that... hahahaha
never finish, there is always more.
There is a parable Balaam gave to Barak concerning the ships of Chittim.
I want to go follow that, because I see the results in Isaiah?
but it goes in a different direction than the one I'm heading in,
and that is to who are the "they" that "placed" the abomination that maketh desolate.
This word placed has a lot of different meanings..
placed as in set a time, set up in a location, but you have to do to the beginning of the ball of yarn.
I'll come back and maybe I can find some pearls I started a week ago,
or work on more parables, started a few days ago..
always beginning and never able to make an end.. lol

HUGS
i need coffee.
:)

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not saying that you're right or wrong, but consider this......
Micah 7:14 "Feed thy people with thy rod, the flock of thine heritage, which dwell solitarily in the wood, in the midst of Carmel: let them feed in Bashan and Gilead, as in the days of old".

the measure is by the golden reed, Holness in LOVE

the Temple of God, not any tenple, but the TEMPLE OF GOD which is the PEOPLE of God. measure the correct worship of his people

the temple of God is his people, 1 Corinthians 3:16 "Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?".

This was given unto John, as well as the book he took. it seems to be by designed, the holy Scripture, or the word of God, which is sometimes called a line, a rule, and a rod, Ps 19:4, "Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun" which is the rule and precept to measure of doctrine and faith; and by it all doctrine is to be tried and measured, and whatsoever is not agreeably to it is not of God, nor to be received, but rejected; and it is the rule and measure of all discipline, worship, and practice; it lays down the plan of a Gospel church, which should be gathered out of the world, and separated from it; it shows who are the proper materials of it, what officers are to be constituted in it, and what ordinances are to be administered, and what laws and rules should be observed in receiving and rejecting of members, and according to which the whole community should walk; in short, it directs to all the forms, laws, and ordinances of God's house

2 Corinthians 10:12 "For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise. (BINGO)

Matthew 7:1 "Judge not, that ye be not judged. Matthew 7:2 "For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again".

Romans 14:13 "Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way." (BINGO)

Revelation 11:2 "But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months."
42 month is 3 1/2 years the life time of the ministry of the TWO witness. the Lord Jesus and John the baptist.

for 3 1/2 years the Gentiles is to be without word of God, supportive scripture, Matthew 10:5 "These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

Matthew 10:6 "But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

the Gentiles are to wait, Isaiah 42:4 Isaiah 51:5

PICJAG

makes me think of 1 Corinthians 11:20-34 When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper. [21] For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken. [22] What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? What shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not. [23] For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: [24] And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me. [25] After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me. [26] For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come. [27] Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. [28] But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. [29] For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. [30] For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep. [31] For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. [32] But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world. [33] Wherefore, my brethren, when ye come together to eat, tarry one for another. [34] And if any man hunger, let him eat at home; that ye come not together unto condemnation. And the rest will I set in order when I come.

Reactions: Ziggy

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
makes me think of 1 Corinthians 11:20-34 When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper. [21] For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken. [22] What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? What shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not. [23] For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: [24] And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me. [25] After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me. [26] For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come. [27] Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. [28] But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. [29] For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. [30] For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep. [31] For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. [32] But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world. [33] Wherefore, my brethren, when ye come together to eat, tarry one for another. [34] And if any man hunger, let him eat at home; that ye come not together unto condemnation. And the rest will I set in order when I come.
GINOLJC, to all.
AMEN, just like when Israel was divided into two kingdom, the northern and southern. 10 tribes in the north and they set up temples in the northern kingdom, so that they would not have to come to Jersulem, and worship there. just like here in America today, the north and the south. both was wrong just like Solomon in the south fell to idolatry with his many wives, as the north in baal worship. the whole nation became corrupt. just like here in america today, all has become corrupt, there is nothing new under the sun.

PICJAG

Reactions: Ziggy