Revelation 22:13 What does it mean?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It sure does, doesn't it. Maybe I'll go edit it .
Always good to see you.♥

Well since I’ve never been able to see or grasp a trinity, though I do see a binity and I absolutely know Jesus was God, the verse helped me! :D

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well since I’ve never been able to see or grasp a trinity, though I do see a binity and I absolutely know Jesus was God, the verse helped me! :D
Trinity? I get yelled at for saying this, though not recently, but I believe the Trinity means that God is simultaneously a Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, like my dad was simultaneously a dad, husband, brother, lawyer, son, etc.

tigger 2

Oct 19, 2017
port angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is confirming his introduction.
Jesus does not use the title 'Alpha and Omega'. See post #6 above.

The RSV, NRSV, NASB, NEB, REB, NKJV, NAB (1991 ed.), ESV, ISV, NLT, 21st Century King James Version, Third Millennium Bible, and TEV show (by quotation marks and indenting) that Rev. 22:14 and 15 are not the words of the speaker of verses 12 and 13 but are John’s words.

(The Jerusalem Bible and the NJB show us that the angel spoke all the words from verse 10 through verse 15.) Then they show Jesus as a new speaker beginning to speak in verse 16.

So, if you insist that the person speaking just before verse 16 is the same person who is speaking in verse 16, then, according to the trinitarian RSV, NRSV, NASB, NEB, REB, NKJV, NAB (1991 ed.), ESV, ISV, NLT, 21st Century King James Version, Third Millennium Bible, and TEV, you are saying John is Jesus!!! (According to the JB and NJB you would be insisting that the angel is Jesus!)

And, just as the use of “I, John” indicated a new speaker in Revelation, so does the only other such usage in that same book. Yes, Rev. 22:16 - “I, Jesus” also introduces a new speaker. This means, of course, that the previous statement (“I am the Alpha and Omega”) was made by someone else!

Even the KJV translators have shown by their use of the word “his” in verse 14 that they didn’t mean that Jesus was the same speaker as the Alpha and Omega. The speaker of verse 13 is Almighty God. The comment in verse 14 of these Bibles (as literally translated from the Received Text) explains the importance of doing “his Commandments” (not “my Commandments”)! Therefore the speaker of verse 14 is obviously not God as clearly stated by those Bibles which were translated from the Received Text, e.g., KJV; NKJV; KJIIV; MKJV; Young’s Literal Translation; Webster Bible (by Noah Webster); and Revised Webster Bible. Lamsa’s translation (Holy Bible From the Ancient Eastern Text) also uses “him.“

Last edited:
Reactions: Siddhi Koli

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 22:13
King James Version

13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
It means the same as Col. 1:16 -17
It also means John 1:1 and Exodus 3:14, I AM! All the "I am's" in the book of John add to His description. The whole Bible is the Word of God and Jesus is referred to as The WORD, the exact expression of God, the fullness of His glory and Light of the World. He gave us the first verse, the last verse and everything in between.
Jesus is the Creator of all things visible and invisible, in heaven and in the universe. In Him ALL things consist, are held together.
He is the source of all things, so all things had their beginning and ending under His power and will.

Last edited: