Revival:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revival. We ask for it, yeah? We are familiar with tent revivals and great moves of God in history but ask for consideration of “revival” from another perspective. Who is head of our household? Been thinking a lot about this and it is not only directed at men but women as well. as in who leads the house...any house. House could be a home, an individuals body, or the body of the church. When a house is cursed, son of man speaks a cursing over a house and that house falls and great is its fall. All creation groans to be delivered into the Liberty of the Sons of God which speak blessing and not curse. Who is head of our household? A curse spoken upon its head, upon the wives, upon the children, upon the grandchildren, upon generation after generation. Or a blessing Spoken upon the Head, a Son of God lead of God and His Spirit, blessing upon the (wives) body, upon the children, upon His ascendents, His heritage, His generation. Blessing or curse. God said He set before us: a blessing or a curse. This is seen within the church ...whether the head of the church(body) is man...or whether the Head of the Church (body) is God. Christ nourishes His body. Christ blesses His (body) with great things; great spiritual treasure stored up where men can not break in a steal.

Consider the “church” when speaking of revival.

Revival (Blessing) comes from a land that: eats not up the inhabitants thereof. Numbers 13:30-32 ...Forget “giants” or speculations of these giants Of great stature and consider what the Word said of that land: ”And Caleb stilled the people before Moses, and said, Let us go up at once, and possess it; for we are well able to overcome it. [31] But the men that went up with him said, We be not able to go up against the people; for they are stronger than we. [32] And they brought up an evil report of the land which they had searched unto the children of Israel, saying, The land, through which we have gone to search it, is a land that eateth up the inhabitants thereof; and all the people that we saw in it are men of a great stature.

“a land that eats up the inhabitants thereof”
“all the people that we saw in it are men of great stature

Are you familiar with a land that eats up the inhabitants thereof? Galatians 5:13-15
[13] For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another. [14] For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. [15] But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.

Asking for revival when “ye bite and devour one another,” is refusing to see the flesh is the head and leading; which is the curse. Christ nourishes His body. Christ as the Head, the Spirit leads without the curse into a good land of blessing, of “possessing all things, making many rich...wealthy towards God), a land where the land does not eat up the inhabitants. A land with good fertile ground which springs forth with the good fruit of righteousness and increases in His name sake. Mark 4:8 And other fell on good ground, and did yield fruit that sprang up and increased; and brought forth, some thirty, and some sixty, and some an hundred.

Consider Again their report. The spirit of fear and torment: We be not able to go up against the people; for they are stronger than we.

John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

1 John 2:14 I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.

1 John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

...is a land that eateth up the inhabitants thereof; and all the people that we saw in it are men of a great stature.
Ephesians 4:13-15 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: [14] That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; [15] But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

Revival is this Land which does not eat the inhabitants thereof, This watered garden: Isaiah 58:8-13 Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the Lord shall be thy rereward. [9] Then shalt thou call, and the Lord shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity; [10] And if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the noonday: [11] And the Lord shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not. [12] And they that shall be of thee shall build (not destroy)the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in. [13] If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the Lord, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:

”shalt Honour Him” Ceased from doing your own ways
Ceased from finding your own pleasure
Ceased from speaking your own words...ceased from your own (dead)works of the curse and vanity(futility): made alive to serve the Living God of blessing.

Not “a land that eats up the inhabitants thereof” ...if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.
Asking for revival while biting and eating one another up is the flesh leading and completely in vain....as worthless as the curse which His blessing brings to nothing...speaking curses instead of blessing being worthless, void of His power, in vain, as empty as the grave.

Who is head of a household? Any household: The son of man or The Son of God? ...of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

Last edited:
Reactions: Joseph77

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simplified with less words yet gets the same message across:
Romans 12:21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Reactions: Joseph77

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As written , Inspired Directly by the Creator, to the assembly of Ekklesia, Christ (Messiah) is the head of every man in the body/ saved/ born again/ set apart by God for God.

1 Corinthians 11:3 But I want you to understand that the ...
biblehub.com/1_corinthians/11-3.htm
But I would have you know that the head of every man is Christ,

-----------------------------------------------
The devil is the head of every man who walks as the sons of disobedience world wide, in every country.
(Ephesians 2, et al)

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As written , Inspired Directly by the Creator, to the assembly of Ekklesia, Christ (Messiah) is the head of every man in the body/ saved/ born again/ set apart by God for God.

1 Corinthians 11:3 But I want you to understand that the ...
biblehub.com/1_corinthians/11-3.htm
But I would have you know that the head of every man is Christ,

-----------------------------------------------
The devil is the head of every man who walks as the sons of disobedience world wide, in every country.
(Ephesians 2, et al)

Concerning ‘the head of every man is Christ’ ...not disputing what you posted above but hopefully support it. Been considering‘the head of every man is Christ.’ In the OT God warned that if any walks contrary to Him, He would walk contrary to them. Do that which is wrong and have tribulation, to the Jew first, then to the gentile. For there is no respect of persons with God. (Colossians 3:25) (Romans 2:8-9)Leviticus 26:16-17 I also will do this unto you; I will even appoint over you terror, consumption, and the burning ague, that shall consume the eyes, and cause sorrow of heart: and ye shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it. [17] And I will set my face against you,... and more Leviticus 26:21-22 And if ye walk contrary unto me, and will not hearken unto me; ...I will also send wild beasts among you, which shall rob you (as a thief)of your children, and destroy your cattle, and make you few in number; and your high ways shall be desolate. (Even so, come quickly Lord)

He said whom a man is overcome (spoiled)by, the same is brought into bondage of. Then a warning Colossians 2:8-10 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. (Romans 16:17-18)mark those... contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. [18] For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

[9] For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. [10] And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

Mark those Contrary ...for they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ. but there is hope in (even so, come Lord) Acts 26:8-11 Why should it be thought a thing incredible with you, that God should raise the dead? [9] I verily thought with myself, that I ought to do many things contrary to the name of Jesus of Nazareth. [10] Which thing I also did in Jerusalem: and many of the saints did I shut up in prison, having received authority from the chief priests; and when they were put to death, I gave my voice against them. [11] And I punished them oft in every synagogue, and compelled them to blaspheme; and being exceedingly mad against them, I persecuted them even unto strange cities.

1 Thessalonians 2:15-16 Who both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men: [16] Forbidding us to speak to the Gentiles that they might be saved, to fill up their sins alway: for the wrath is come upon them to the uttermost.

How much ‘forbidding’ envy, greedy, disputes and puffed up in ‘do not go to them’ being against ‘The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.’ 2 Peter 3:9

And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
Colossians 2:14-17 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; [15] And having spoiled (overcome) (All)principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it. [16] Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days : [17] Which are a shadow (witness of that true Light, not the very image nor able to make thereunto perfect Hebrews 10:1)of things to come; but the body (that True Light)is of Christ.
Colossians 3:10-11 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him: [11] Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Forgot to include: Colossians 2:18-19 Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind, [19] And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God.

Instead of Leviticus 26:20 And your strength shall be spent in vain: for your land shall not yield her increase, neither shall the trees of the land yield their fruits.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The head of every man is Christ.... refers to those in Christ. All those other men, sons of disobedience (most of the world).

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The head of every man is Christ.... refers to those in Christ. All those other men, sons of disobedience (most of the world).

Romans 1:18-19 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; [19] Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

Colossians 2:14-15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

Psalm 98:1-2 O sing unto the Lord a new song; for he hath done marvellous things: his right hand, and his holy arm, hath gotten him the victory. [2] The Lord hath made known his salvation: his righteousness hath he openly shewed in the sight of the heathen.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Is there some objection from those who have taught you in the past, to Christ being the head of every man in Christ ?

Or, is there some other reason for the various Scriptures you have posted the last few days ? Some teaching of belief that you think contradicts what is written ?