Rewire Your Heart Day 4

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My main thought is I think as a believer, it is easy to give Satan too much credit. He has no power over us unless we give it to him. He is a Chihuahua with no teeth. LOL

"Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted by evil, and He Himself does not tempt anyone. But each one is tempted when he is carried away and enticed by his own lust."
James 1:13‭-‬14 NASB1995

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh no it was me. I added spirit of depression after you quoted it. LOL. I have to type fast with toddlers, because my daughter is sticking martian stickers all over me. LOL.
LOL, cute. Well I don't know, I mean children being possessed in Jesus time and such, I don't even know if children can be sinners yet. Hmmm. Well there's another question for God perhaps if I ever meet him.

Reactions: Mayflower

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me quote the scripture as you requested:

Matthew 17:14-20

New International Version

Jesus Heals a Demon-Possessed Boy
14 When they came to the crowd, a man approached Jesus and knelt before him. 15 “Lord, have mercy on my son,” he said. “He has seizures and is suffering greatly. He often falls into the fire or into the water. 16 I brought him to your disciples, but they could not heal him.”

17 “You unbelieving and perverse generation,” Jesus replied, “how long shall I stay with you? How long shall I put up with you? Bring the boy here to me.” 18 Jesus rebuked the demon, and it came out of the boy, and he was healed at that moment.

19 Then the disciples came to Jesus in private and asked, “Why couldn’t we drive it out?”

20 He replied, “Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL, cute. Well I don't know, I mean children being possessed in Jesus time and such, I don't even know if children can be sinners yet. Hmmm. Well there's another question for God perhaps if I ever meet him.

Important to have Christian parents for sure... Not in my house is a child getting possessed. LOL

Reactions: dev553344

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That enemy can just go to Hell. The momma is a spirit filled Christian who speaks against that ever happening. God honors those wishes, I believe. "Him and his household" will be saved.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Important to have Christian parents for sure... Not in my house is a child getting possessed. LOL
You're a good mother for sure! I'm sure your family is Christian and in the new covenant.

But yeah he kept falling into water and fire, and the swine that Jesus cast the demons into ran into the river and drown. They weren't in the new covenant though, but perhaps tempted more than they could handle? Interesting.

But I definitely believe that the Holy Spirit prevents demonic possession in people that are in the new covenant.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're a good mother for sure! I'm sure your family is Christian and in the new covenant.

But yeah he kept falling into water and fire, and the swine that Jesus cast the demons into ran into the river and drown. They weren't in the new covenant though, but perhaps tempted more than they could handle? Interesting.

But I definitely believe that the Holy Spirit prevents demonic possession in people that are in the new covenant.

Amen. That I believe for sure. I think as a parent I have to guard my son and daughter's heart too, so that they are not put in that situation.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I was little I suffered abuse from a parent, and believe I had a tormenting demon until I came to Christ. Abuse is an insidious door to unclean spirits.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I need a hiatus. LOL my kids are late to bed. I lost track of time. LOL Be back in awhile

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I was little I suffered abuse from a parent, and believe I had a tormenting demon until I came to Christ. Abuse is an insidious door to unclean spirits.

Yes abuse can push someone, that I believe. I also had some foul spirit before I became Christian. Before I became Christian I fasted for three days and I felt that foul spirit leave my soul. It was like the light turned on for me.

But back to your topic, desire is probably a powerful tool for Satan, he can tempt people more easily that way I think.

So what tools do we have to deal with desires that aren't good? What do you suggest?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Mayflower I can think of a few tools, one I watch daily Mass and church videos and on days that I do that my temptations are voided. Also serving God brings the fruits of his holy spirit which is good and cannot sin. What other tools do we have?

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes abuse can push someone, that I believe. I also had some foul spirit before I became Christian. Before I became Christian I fasted for three days and I felt that foul spirit leave my soul. It was like the light turned on for me.

But back to your topic, desire is probably a powerful tool for Satan, he can tempt people more easily that way I think.

So what tools do we have to deal with desires that aren't good? What do you suggest?

Major Tools:

1) Mind Renewal- meditating on God's Word day and night
2)obeying God's commandments from His Word where it becomes natural. If something is natural to me, I do not want to do otherwise/basically presenting my body as a living and holy sacrifice to God.

"My son, keep my words And treasure my commandments within you. Keep my commandments and live, And my teaching as the apple of your eye. Bind them on your fingers; Write them on the tablet of your heart.
Proverbs 7:1‭-‬3 NASB1995

"Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."
Romans 12:1‭-‬2 NASB1995

3) praise and worship is my greatest weapon I am discovering!!!! Sort of drives temptation away and transforms my desires

4) ministering to others- I think this can be an effective tool, because it helps me get out of my head.

5)prayer and fasting

There are scriptures to support these. Just the addresses are hard to remember!!!! LOL. I really need to get back in scripture memory again to memorize more on concepts like this. So important.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Major Tools:

1) Mind Renewal- meditating on God's Word day and night
2)obeying God's commandments from His Word where it becomes natural. If something is natural to me, I do not want to do otherwise/basically presenting my body as a living and holy sacrifice to God.

"My son, keep my words And treasure my commandments within you. Keep my commandments and live, And my teaching as the apple of your eye. Bind them on your fingers; Write them on the tablet of your heart.
Proverbs 7:1‭-‬3 NASB1995

"Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."
Romans 12:1‭-‬2 NASB1995

3) praise and worship is my greatest weapon I am discovering!!!! Sort of drives temptation away and transforms my desires

4) ministering to others- I think this can be an effective tool, because it helps me get out of my head.

5)prayer and fasting

There are scriptures to support these. Just the addresses are hard to remember!!!! LOL. I really need to get back in scripture memory again to memorize more on concepts like this. So important.

Great ideas and I think we're on the same page here. Also I like the idea of prayer and fasting, as I see fasting as a way to increase a persons will power for more power against temptation.