Rich man and Lazarus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you think Jesus would have done if the rich man asked him for some water instead of anyone else? (With Jesus telling the parable story: he is had not died and resurrected just yet.)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you think Jesus would have done if the rich man asked him for some water instead of anyone else? (With Jesus telling the parable story: he is had not died and resurrected just yet.)
Are you asking if I think people can receive God's reconciliation and rebirth after they've died and gone to the next realm? Or what are you asking?

Much love!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The question in the original post.

(I might have should have posted this in theology than Bible study).

Thank you for commenting,
In Christ
Matthew Gallagher

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He probably would have asked him why, given the opportunity, He had rejected the Messiah.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This was before the separation between man and God was met through Jesus in reconciling the world unto himself.

Abraham and whoever else was with him had no power to give anything to the rich man, who was separated from God at that time, just as the rich man was. Everyone who died was separated from God until Jesus overcame everything.

Jesus however the overcomer?

“‘I, Jesus did send my messenger to testify to you these things concerning the assemblies; I am the root and the offspring of David, the bright and morning star! And the Spirit and the Bride say, Come; and he who is hearing — let him say, Come; and he who is thirsting — let him come; and he who is willing — let him take the water of life freely. ‘For I testify to every one hearing the words of the prophecy of this scroll, if any one may add unto these, God shall add to him the plagues that have been written in this scroll,”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭22:16-18‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

Thank you for sharing your thoughts Jim,
In Christ
Matthew Gallagher

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Someone made a comment that it is noted that not everyone will accept salvation and they are right.

Here is my response to how the term saved can be seen as:

You’re right, not all people are saved to the kingdom of God. To be saved to the kingdom of God one needs faith in the Gospel of Christ. Having love for God and for their fellowman.

Everyone has been saved from Satan and his demons, sin, death, hell, grave, sheol. All will be resurrected and given a body pleasing to God which will be a spiritual body according to Paul.

Another use for the word Saved : Saved from the coming wrath of God with the judgments that would be poured among the nation of Israel for they had become spiritually Egypt I believe the Bible says somewhere I could be wrong.

Also everyone after 70Ad was no longer in any danger of the coming wrath of God for the judgment had came over the nation of Israel in 70ad where 1,100,000 Jews had died in a war in which had left Jerusalem obliterated, along with the temple that had been foretold by Jesus to become destroyed 40 years before it happens.

However not everyone is saved to the kingdom of God, that is due to faith in the written Gospel. (having been born again and having built up spiritual treasures while traversing earth in faith in God). I am also reminded of different rewards for Christians who live a life dedicated to faith and love towards God and others, even better a resurrection than the normal.

Jesus said it the best when he said people loved darkness more than the light. There may be more people outside of the kingdom of God than there may be on the inside of the Kingdom of God which forever increases. I am reminded of Genesis 1:1-3.

In Christ,
Matthew Gallagher

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If you think about the meaning of the parable, you would have your answer Matt. In fact, the parable came true, so what did Jesus give him? The Kingdom was taken from them and given to a nation producing it's fruits, just as Jesus said.