right knee

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My Dreams

Feb 22, 2020
Raipur
Faith
Christian
Country
India
Friends, you can pray that God will heal my right knee ( including ACL Which is torn), and that I be able to walk normally like before.
Doctor has told for ligament surgery, I am just lying on bed with long knee brace on right knee. Remaining careful as ligament is torn chances of bones moving away from position, or anything wrong may happen to right knee and damage the right leg.

Thanks!

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Friends, you can pray that God will heal my right knee ( including ACL Which is torn), and that I be able to walk normally like before.
Doctor has told for ligament surgery, I am just lying on bed with long knee brace on right knee. Remaining careful as ligament is torn chances of bones moving away from position, or anything wrong may happen to right knee and damage the right leg.

Thanks!
Hey, I've got a torn ACL in my right knee too, an old basketball injury from thirty years ago. I can still walk normally, though I can't play sports anymore. How is the cartilage and the other ligaments?

Meanwhile, did say a prayer for you.

Reactions: My Dreams

My Dreams

Feb 22, 2020
Raipur
Faith
Christian
Country
India
Hey, I've got a torn ACL in my right knee too, an old basketball injury from thirty years ago. I can still walk normally, though I can't play sports anymore. How is the cartilage and the other ligaments?

Meanwhile, did say a prayer for you.
Thanks Lambano, doctor told of ligament surgery only but there are some injuries in the knee it's medical term so not able to understand here is the MRI report

Attachments

• 20230205_165541.jpg
    20230205_165541.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 2

My Dreams

Feb 22, 2020
Raipur
Faith
Christian
Country
India
Take courage MD, I have a severed ACL yet no surgery. I operate as normal.
Thanks quietthinker when I put my right leg to walk I fall down.
not sure how you walk normally , but I see it's God s grace

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks Lambano, doctor told of ligament surgery only but there are some injuries in the knee it's medical term so not able to understand here is the MRI report
Okay, besides the torn ACL, it looks like you sprained or partially tore your PCL, you chipped the top of one of your leg bones, you have some fluid on your knee that'll have to be drained, you have some bruising, and your knee is probably badly swollen so you can't bend it or put any weight on it. At least the MCL and LCL seem to be okay, so the joint will be reasonably stable. What happened?

My Dreams

Feb 22, 2020
Raipur
Faith
Christian
Country
India
Okay, besides the torn ACL, it looks like you sprained or partially tore your PCL, you chipped the top of one of your leg bones, you have some fluid on your knee that'll have to be drained, you have some bruising, and your knee is probably badly swollen so you can't bend it or put any weight on it. At least the MCL and LCL seem to be okay, so the joint will be reasonably stable. What happened?
Yes, I think PCL is partially torn as doctors were talking I remember.
Okay, it's swollen now due to injury and long knee brace the leg is little stiff or hard .
The problem is when I lift my leg the leg bone is not able to bear the weight of body . If I walk or carry weight the injuries on knee will increase so I am wearing long knee brace and staying in bed till ligament surgery.
I am feeling nothing on knees except when I put the right leg I am falling and a sensation of both bones touching etching other which I am not feeling on left leg
Thanks for sharing

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I think PCL is partially torn as doctors were talking I remember.
Okay, it's swollen now due to injury and long knee brace the leg is little stiff or hard .
The problem is when I lift my leg the leg bone is not able to bear the weight of body . If I walk or carry weight the injuries on knee will increase so I am wearing long knee brace and staying in bed till ligament surgery.
I am feeling nothing on knees except when I put the right leg I am falling and a sensation of both bones touching etching other which I am not feeling on left leg
Thanks for sharing
Mel, since you are staying in bed alot, try to exercise your arms and other leg. That will keep your circulation going which is important. Also, it will help your other muscles to remain strong. Prolonged bed rest with no exercise can weaken a person.

My Dreams

Feb 22, 2020
Raipur
Faith
Christian
Country
India
Mel, since you are staying in bed alot, try to exercise your arms and other leg. That will keep your circulation going which is important. Also, it will help your other muscles to remain strong. Prolonged bed rest with no exercise can weaken a person.
That's true!

Reactions: Debp

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
knee-brace.jpg

Might something like this help?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thanks!
@My Dreams be careful of not lying down too long. I had a back injury and had to lay down for 3-6 months. Trying to get back up after that is really difficult. You need to see a physical therapist. They can explain all of this. And they can explain things you can do that can make your life a lot easier in the long term.

Reactions: Debp and My Dreams

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@My Dreams be careful of not lying down too long. I had a back injury and had to lay down for 3-6 months. Trying to get back up after that is really difficult. You need to see a physical therapist. They can explain all of this. And they can explain things you can do that can make your life a lot easier in the long term.
I agree about not lying down too long. Also, it's important to keep your blood circulating so one doesn't develop blood clots.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree about not lying down too long. Also, it's important to keep your blood circulating so one doesn't develop blood clots.
Yes recently I had a blood clot scare. And I wondered if it could have been from being in bed for 6 months. But I'm also on anti-psychotics which can raise the risk of blood clots. Also there is the COVID virus which can increase the risk also. So I couldn't be sure.

Reactions: My Dreams