Righteous is as righteous does.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Perhaps if we simply . . . Let's take just this one. Can you post a single verse of the Bible that tells us this? Even one?

The issue here is in using non-Biblical language and thought we come to non-Biblical conclusions.

You can define "holiness" this way, but does the Bible?

Much love!
Mark

Be holy as God is holy. Be ye perfect as your heavenly Father is perfect....etc

Do you know what "dead to sin" means?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are you speaking of?

Round and round we go . . .

You stated that you know what people would respond with, words to that affect, and I asked you what you thought that would be. Simple. But not so simple. I'm guessing that was a throw away statement, because when I asked what it was that you thought, you've obfuscated since.

Much love!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Round and round we go . . .

You stated that you know what people would respond with, words to that affect, and I asked you what you thought that would be. Simple. But not so simple. I'm guessing that was a throw away statement, because when I asked what it was that you thought, you've obfuscated since.

Much love!

You answered your own question by confusing a common righteousness...and God's righteousness. It's like confusing a man's strength with God's strength.

An indoctrinated person can't see the difference and see that a human strength is not necessarily a bad thing...just insufficient.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is part of the equation....but the righteous are not perfect, they sin at times. This is below the holiness standard of Christ.....which is to be as God the Father is in purity.

But even though the righteous sin...

Prov. 24:16 For though a righteous man falls seven times, he will get up, but the wicked will stumble into ruin.

But no amount of righteousness equals to holiness.

Faith without works is dead.
Words without Life(Spirit) is also dead.

Psalm 12:6
[6] The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.

“Pure”

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus did not come to call the righteous to repentance...since these repent of themselves and seek to do what is right by nature.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You answered your own question by confusing a common righteousness...and God's righteousness. It's like confusing a man's strength with God's strength.

An indoctrinated person can't see the difference and see that a human strength is not necessarily a bad thing...just insufficient.

Common righteousness - what is that?

And perhaps you could give us more insight as well about "indoctrinated persons". Or is that just meant as another pergorative?

Much love!
Mark

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The only place I find you using those words was something else. Which post do you have in mind?

# 35 the one before you responded with "that would be a no"...thereby not reading what I wrote...again.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And perhaps you could give us more insight as well about "indoctrinated persons". Or is that just meant as another pergorative?

And again, this dodges a simple question that shouldn't even matter.

Much love!
Mark

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Much love!
Mark

Modern churches do not teach about righteousness because they want to fill pews and make money. They need numbers not truth.

I have written other threads about righteousness. Look in my "featured threads."

The Righteous

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Modern churches do not teach about righteousness because they want to fill pews and make money. They need numbers not truth.

I have written other threads about righteousness. Look in my "threads started."

Not answered again.

"OH, just go fishing around". So then I find something you've said, and start this merry-go-round up all over again? Wearisome!

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I have written other threads about righteousness. Look in my "featured threads."

The Righteous

And by the way . . . do you attend a church?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not answered again.

"OH, just go fishing around". So then I find something you've said, and start this merry-go-round up all over again? Wearisome!

Much love!

You do realize that there is an archive here that negates having to write dozens of pages of the same explanations over and over again.

Check out this thread...The Righteous

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Episkopos
Let's go back to that prostitute.

Let's speak plainly please.

Was she forgiven because of her works or righteousness, or because she loved? What say you?

Much love!
Mark

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And is this in the "modern time"?

Saturday evenings for the main meeting. Otherwise at any time during the week. ;)

The modern church is like a hospital. It is not a place for spiritual growth...but like an asylum for people with difficulties. Did I mention the poor level of teaching?

Last edited:

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is part of the equation....but the righteous are not perfect, they sin at times. This is below the holiness standard of Christ.....which is to be as God the Father is in purity.

But even though the righteous sin...

Prov. 24:16 For though a righteous man falls seven times, he will get up, but the wicked will stumble into ruin.

But no amount of righteousness equals to holiness.

And yet God says his saints are righteous and holy.

Reactions: Waiting on him