Righteous is as righteous does.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be holy as God is holy. Be ye perfect as your heavenly Father is perfect....etc

Do you know what "dead to sin" means?

This is not a definition of Holiness.
Saturday evenings for the main meeting. Otherwise at any time during the week. ;)

The modern church is like a hospital. It is not a place for spiritual growth...but like an asylum for people with difficulties.

I see. You have a church, but your church is not like all the other churches. I should have anticpated that!

But so you will know that I'm not afraid of your questions, Dead to Sin means what it says. Death is separation, and in Christ we are separated from sin. Dead to sin is being in the condition of being completely able to refuse to commit any sin. That sin has no authority or power over us. That we've been remade into a new person who has no relation to sin.

Much love!
mark

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Prov. 20:11 Even a child is known by his doings, whether his work be pure, and whether it be right.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What you said here does not agree with all the things you said on this thread and elsewhere.

Of course it does. You are just not able to see more than one thing at a time. The truth is like a long pipe where one must never try picking it up by one end only. You need to find the balance and lift from there.

Try it as an experiment.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is part of the equation....but the righteous are not perfect, they sin at times. This is below the holiness standard of Christ.....which is to be as God the Father is in purity.

But even though the righteous sin...

Prov. 24:16 For though a righteous man falls seven times, he will get up, but the wicked will stumble into ruin.

But no amount of righteousness equals to holiness.

Still not seeing it. You reference He came to not call the righteous to repentance but the sinner. Maybe I’ve misunderstood but you are the righteous not the sinner He came to call to repentance? Would appreciate an answer.

When at that time it was said none was righteous and also every man is right in his own eyes. let every man be found a liar and God truth...and every mouth would be shut (stopped) before Him.

Romans 3:5-10
[5] But if our unrighteousness commend the righteousness of God, what shall we say? Is God unrighteous who taketh vengeance? (I speak as a man) [6] God forbid: for then how shall God judge the world? [7] For if the truth of God hath more abounded through my lie unto his glory; why yet am I also judged as a sinner? [8] And not rather , (as we be slanderously reported, and as some affirm that we say,) Let us do evil, that good may come? whose damnation is just. [9] What then? are we better than they ? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin; [10] As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Still not seeing it. You reference He came to not call the righteous to repentance but the sinner. Maybe I’ve misunderstood but you are the righteous not the sinner He came to call to repentance? Would appreciate an answer.

When at that time it was said none was righteous and also every man is right in his own eyes. let every man be found a liar and God truth...

Romans 3:5-10
[5] But if our unrighteousness commend the righteousness of God, what shall we say? Is God unrighteous who taketh vengeance? (I speak as a man) [6] God forbid: for then how shall God judge the world? [7] For if the truth of God hath more abounded through my lie unto his glory; why yet am I also judged as a sinner? [8] And not rather , (as we be slanderously reported, and as some affirm that we say,) Let us do evil, that good may come? whose damnation is just. [9] What then? are we better than they ? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin; [10] As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

if you try to answer every question with just one verse you will never get the truth. Jesus' reference to the righteous is not a bad one...but a good one. He would have all men to be righteous.

But getting back to what God sees as righteous....what justified the sheep in the Sheep/goats judgment account in Mat. 25?

Was it their church attendance? Their religious beliefs? Their actions?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if you try to answer every question with just one verse you will never get the truth. Jesus' reference to the righteous is not a bad one...but a good one. He would have all men to be righteous.

But getting back to what God sees as righteous....what justified the sheep in the Sheep/goats judgment account in Mat. 25?

Do you believe you will be judged according to their judgment?

Much love!
mark

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 13:36-41
For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell on sleep, and was laid unto his fathers, and saw corruption. But he, whom God raised again, saw no corruption. Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins: And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses. Beware therefore, lest that come upon you, which is spoken of in the prophets; Behold, ye despisers, and wonder, and perish: for I work a work in your days, a work which ye shall in no wise believe, though a man declare it unto you.

Justified means what exactly?

Much love!
Mark

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If God wanted men to be righteous apart from the Son then they would have been. Mark 2:16-17 And when the scribes and Pharisees saw him eat with publicans and sinners, they said unto his disciples, How is it that he eateth and drinketh with publicans and sinners? [17] When Jesus heard it , he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

The claim is you were the righteous not the sinner. And being righteous there was a good thing because God wants all men to be righteous. Yet it is.. In Christ. Jesus Christ countless time pointed out the humble and those shattered and barren and broken sinners who submitted to the fact that they had sinned against God. Those deceived said or believed there was no sin yet He said all sinned. Claiming to be the righteous not the sinner He came to call would be the same as claiming you whole before Christ (the physician) healed you and never the one in need of a physician. If you would say you are indeed the sinner He came to call and now you have been made whole and righteous by entering into Him who makes whole and righteous...But that doesn’t seem to be what is being said but rather testifying of our own righteousness apart from He who calls sinners to restoration to God the Father. But you seem to be never putting yourself at the sinner table called to repentance and building your own foundation apart from He who makes the shattered, broken, and sick ...whole.

Of course not.
1 Timothy 3:16
[16] And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Matthew 7:20
[20] Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Do you believe you will be judged according to their judgment?

Much love!
mark

I am in the household of God so I will be judged privately...personally since I was sealed by the Spirit. I don't know if I will be accepted or not since I have been given a lot. Whoever has received a lot...more will be expected.

I think it is wrong to justify oneself. It is God who justifies.

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I read the first page. I could probably argue about stuff but lately I just dont seem to have the energy anymore.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If God wanted men to be righteous apart from the Son then they would have been. Mark 2:16-17 And when the scribes and Pharisees saw him eat with publicans and sinners, they said unto his disciples, How is it that he eateth and drinketh with publicans and sinners? [17] When Jesus heard it , he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

The claim is you were the righteous not the sinner. And being righteous there was a good thing because God wants all men to be righteous. Yet it is.. In Christ. Jesus Christ countless time pointed out the humble and those shattered and barren and broken sinners who submitted to the fact that they had sinned against God. Those deceived said or believed there was no sin yet He said all sinned. Claiming to be the righteous not the sinner He came to call would be the same as claiming you whole before Christ (the physician) healed you and never the one in need of a physician. If you would say you are indeed the sinner He came to call and now you have been made whole and righteous by entering into Him who makes whole and righteous...But that doesn’t seem to be what is being said but rather testifying of our own righteousness apart from He who calls sinners to restoration to God the Father. But you seem to be never putting yourself at the sinner table called to repentance and building your own foundation apart from He who makes the shattered, broken, and sick ...whole.

Of course not.
1 Timothy 3:16
[16] And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Matthew 7:20
[20] Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Actually it was their actions. When I was hungry you fed me...when I was thirsty you gave me to drink....etc...

can people from other religions do these things? Of course.

So then the brethren of Jesus bring grace into the world....and through actions towards them will men be justified or condemned.

Last edited:
Reactions: VictoryinJesus

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Episkopos

I'm sorry, I don't mean the to be silly or sarcastic, or anything other than asking you for your answer . . .

Do you sin?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually it was their actions. When I was hungry you fed me...when I was thirsty you gave me to drink....etc...

can people from other religions do these things? Of course.

So then the brethren of Jesus bring grace into the world....and through actions to them will men be justified or condemned.

Depends humanitarians in Hollywood do good deeds. What are people hungry for? What are people thirsty for? What do they need to put on? Yes...One can go feed the poor and clothe them and give them something to drink but tomorrow they will most likely be hungry and thirsty again. Paul was often naked, in prison, and hungry(physically). “Silver and gold I have none but what I do have I can give you. Stand up and walk.” Comes to mind. Is there a Difference in the power of God and an humanitarian? Is the humanitarian righteous because they do good works?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Episkopos

I'm sorry, I don't mean the to be silly or sarcastic, or anything other than asking you for your answer . . .

Do you sin?

Only when i don't abide in Christ. Then I can fall into a sin of some kind. The closer my walk is to the Lord the less I sin. w\When I abide in Christ I can't sin because IN Him is no sin. All who have walked IN Christ attest to this same power.

Reactions: amadeus

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Depends humanitarians in Hollywood do good deeds. What are people hungry for? What are people thirsty for? What do they need to put on? Yes...One can go feed the poor and clothe them and give them something to drink but tomorrow they will most likely be hungry and thirsty again. Paul was often naked, in prison, and hungry(physically). “Silver and gold I have none but what I do have I can give you. Stand up and walk.” Comes to mind. Is there a Difference in the power of God and an humanitarian? Is the humanitarian righteous because they do good works?

God decides these things....remember? :) No one can justify themselves before God. Nor Christians. We are all just vessels.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am in the household of God so I will be judged privately...personally since I was sealed by the Spirit. I don't know if I will be accepted or not since I have been given a lot. Whoever has received a lot...more will be expected.

I think it is wrong to justify oneself. It is God who justifies.

Not sure what you are saying here, I'd agree that we don't justify ourselves.

But as I understand more of you, it makes me sad for you. I know, you won't care about that, but I truly believe that God desires for you to have the security of that kind of relationship with Him, that He is your loving and all powerful Father, Who made you for love, to love and be loved, and that you can have a life filled with His love, so full it spills out everywhere! So fully loved, once He has you, He's never letting go!

I hope that you find this.

Much love!
Mark

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only when i don't abide in Christ. Then I can fall into a sin of some kind. The closer my walk is to the Lord the less I sin. w\When I abide in Christ I can't sin because IN Him is no sin. All who have walked IN Christ attest to this same power.

In truth, a better answer than I was expecting. But encouraging.

Does Christ abide in you? At all times?

Much love!
Mark

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In truth, a better answer than I was expecting. But encouraging.

Does Christ abide in you? At all times?

Much love!
Mark

Yes Jesus Christ is always in me. That doesn't change. But I mustn't grieve the Spirit by whom I was sealed until the day of judgment.

Christ in me is the HOPE of glory. Through Christ I have the full potential of the full stature of Christ in me. If I go on the cross, He can then get on the throne of my life. So as I accept His death I am able to walk in His life. That is what it means to abide in Christ.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 10:1-3
[1] Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved. [2] For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. [3] For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

God decides these things....remember? :) No one can justify themselves before God. Nor Christians. We are all just vessels.

Agree. There is he who exalts himself. Or those that wait upon the Lord. 1 Peter 5:5-8 Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble. [6] Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: [7] Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. [8] Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

Reactions: Episkopos