Righteous is as righteous does.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Now this statement may appear to be easy to understand and accept....but in todays religious anti-truth quagmire...it has become unacceptable.

So then this is a good place to examine the distance that so many have fallen away from the teachings of Jesus. May this examination lead some people to reconnect with Jesus Christ and the truth HE testifies of.

Is a humble person seen as humble because they act in humility? Should we allow ourselves to be indoctrinated to think otherwise?

If a person acts with mercy, are they not to be seen as merciful? Does not the adjective inform the noun?

So then up is still up and down is still down....even in the church?

Is a person who acts with righteousness a righteous person?...ok watch here we go with the fanatical Phariseeism of our time. (Righteousness is a key word that brings up an indoctrinated and hypnotic response)..cue religious comments that are erroneously plucked from the bible.

The simple truth is that righteous is as righteous does.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Let's look at the nameless prostitute who wept before Jesus and washed His feet with her hair.....yes, THAT prostitute.

Notice that Jesus says...she is forgiven because she loved much. Who loved much? She did. Her love is what moved Jesus.

Luke 7:47 Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.

It is what we DO that determines who we are.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In this thread I hope to challenge the lack of good sense in so many of todays false doctrines. These false doctrines are insidious and dangerous in that they are invented in hell...and are meant to do the people of God great harm.

The problem is so great that the truth will appear as strange to many ears....not so for others.

The bible is a difficult book to understand...impossible for the flesh to decipher. And that is the problem....the carnal mind will latch on to one aspect of the truth to the detriment of another. So the devil has much room to play in.

Our duty as believers is to not make carnal decisions but instead allow the Holy Spirit to quicken our understanding so that we are able to bear witness of the truth.

Are we humble and open to correction by the Spirit? Humble is as humble does.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I would like to point out a guide to truth spoken by Jesus which is never quoted because it is so little understood.

Mat. 10:41 Whoever receives a prophet because he is a prophet will receive a prophet’s reward, and whoever receives a righteous man because he is a righteous man will receive a righteous man’s reward.

This is in effect the trickle down effect of grace. Holiness is like a fire that brings heat and light into the world. Righteousness is as the warmth and the clarity that is the trickle down effect of the holiness of God in the world.

So then holiness is the flame, the fire. Righteousness is the warmth given off by the fire.

Now people get very caught up with religious dogmatism...but ignore the true state of the heart of a person...being themselves deceived first in themselves and then in their judgment of others.

Indoctrinated people will draw the lines around religious beliefs rather than by their actions of love and mercy.

Does God want sacrifice or mercy?

Does God want more pew sitters or more people who display love to others?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Is this thread a rabbit trail away from religion? Is this thread not a drawing away from rabbit trails of error back onto the path of life?

While it seems that God is religious and that Christianity is a religion...it is not so. Christianity is an anti-religion. Christianity is based on truth AND reality. The miracles spoken of in the bible are all real...not some religious figment of the imagination. God's power is real. God's presence is real.

So then there is no such thing as an invisible righteousness. Righteous is as righteous does.

God is invisible....but we are not God. We are visible. How we are in truth reflects in what we do. We have no invisible righteousness. God is indeed both invisible AND righteous. But not so ourselves. God's invisible righteousness is made VISIBLE among those who are righteous in Christ.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Are all the sheep of Christ, Christian believers? No. And neither are all Christian believers His sheep. The truth is not delineated by human considerations and labels. How much of what people think is just vain human understandings?

But we will all be judged by our deeds...what we do.

Take the issue of the sheep/goats judgment. Were these believers? Of course not. Jesus judges them based on their treatment of HIS brethren (not their brethren)

So then the logic goes...if you receive a prophet then you get a prophets reward. So then the sheep of Mat. 25...who didn't know Christ... are still sheep because they received the sheep of Christ. They get the righteousness of sheep because they treated the righteous sheep righteously.

We see the same thing with Rahab and her family at Jericho. She received the Israelites...so she received citizenship with them. Was she Jewish? No.

So then there are sheep in the church....and there are sheep outside the church who lack/lacked the opportunity to be presented with Christ in a deep enough way to be called Christian by others. Yet, their love justifies them. They are forgiven because they loved much.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bible is a difficult book to understand...impossible for the flesh to decipher. And that is the problem....the carnal mind will latch on to one aspect of the truth to the detriment of another. So the devil has much room to play in.

This is true, but you need to remember, sauce for the goose is also sauce for the gander.

Much love!
Mark

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is true, but you need to remember, sauce for the goose is also sauce for the gander.

Much love!
Mark

So what you are saying is that you are latching onto the invisible things while the visible is pointing another way, perhaps?

Reality has nothing to do with faith?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It that what it sounds like I'm saying? That reality has nothing to do with faith?

OK. You said the Bible is difficult to understand, and the carnal mind wants to latch onto a small part allowing the Devil room to play.

I'm saying that anyone who leads away from the whole teaching of the Word of God will allow wrong conclusions to come in.

Sauce for the goose - if you ladle it up here - is sauce for the gander - you have to ladle it up there too. Not just the one, but the other. That which holds true for another, being a human, holds true for all humans.

Our duty as believers is to not make carnal decisions but instead allow the Holy Spirit to quicken our understanding so that we are able to bear witness of the truth.

Are we humble and open to correction by the Spirit? Humble is as humble does.

Agree, if we are humble, then we will be humble. And if we are carnal, we will be carnal, and if we are righteous, we will be righteous.

But what does it mean to be righteous? Are we righteous only if we act righteous? Is that what you are saying?

Much love!
Mark

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is a person who acts with righteousness a righteous person?...ok watch here we go with the fanatical Phariseeism of our time. (Righteousness is a key word that brings up an indoctrinated and hypnotic response)..cue religious comments that are erroneously plucked from the bible.

I have to admit, I'm curious what you think will be the "indoctinated and hypnotic response". Care to share?

Much love!
Mark

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are all the sheep of Christ, Christian believers? No. And neither are all Christian believers His sheep.

Just one more . . . would you mind explaining what you mean here?

Jesus and His flock . . . false converts? Does Jesus not know who are His?

Much love!
Mark

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Just one more . . . would you mind explaining what you mean here?

Jesus and His flock . . . false converts? Does Jesus not know who are His?

Much love!
Mark

Jesus said...you will know them by their love...not by a religious statement. So that should tell you that this is about what people do....not what they believe or opine about.

As it says in Mat. 25....those that are Christ's among all the religions and non-religions of the world will be revealed on judgment day. Likewise those who say they belong to Christ and don't.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have to admit, I'm curious what you think will be the "indoctinated and hypnotic response". Care to share?

Much love!
Mark

keep watching the thread. As soon as you mention the word "righteousness", you get religious statements (implanted by group think) that are partially true but deny reality

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It that what it sounds like I'm saying? That reality has nothing to do with faith?

OK. You said the Bible is difficult to understand, and the carnal mind wants to latch onto a small part allowing the Devil room to play.

I'm saying that anyone who leads away from the whole teaching of the Word of God will allow wrong conclusions to come in.

Sauce for the goose - if you ladle it up here - is sauce for the gander - you have to ladle it up there too. Not just the one, but the other. That which holds true for another, being a human, holds true for all humans.

Agree, if we are humble, then we will be humble. And if we are carnal, we will be carnal, and if we are righteous, we will be righteous.

But what does it mean to be righteous? Are we righteous only if we act righteous? Is that what you are saying?

Much love!
Mark

You just have to read the title of this thread.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So that's a yes, then, Episkopos states that only those who do deed of righteousness are righteous. But not being willing to come right out and say it.

OK.

Much love!

I came out so much to say it that I started a thread about it. You were just asking a mundane question. This is about reading comprehension. i find that many people here can't read...or have no real reading comprehension. Just look at some of the responses in the threads.

Is the lack of comprehension willful? Or is it indoctrination? Is it a lack of attention...A.D.D.?

Reactions: Helen

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what you are saying is that you are latching onto the invisible things while the visible is pointing another way, perhaps?

Reality has nothing to do with faith?

I believe he is saying that what you say of others can apply to you as well.

He will correct me if I'm wrong.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A religious hypocrite is one who says something or believes something but doesn't do what he says or believes. Jesus says about these...do as they say but not as they do. So people can know something ABOUT the truth but not belong to the truth.

People who preach half-truths...or speak the truth but don't practice it...are they who will be split in 2. Having a form of godliness but denying the power...or bringing it into reality.

It is also possible to indeed know the truth but hold it in unrighteousness. These seek to make godliness something which they can exploit...or gain something from. This is actually encouraged in many circles. How much of the modern gospel preaching has become like an infomercial to how you can benefit from God and what He has accomplished.

As in...get your miracle today...or...get saved today.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I came out so much to say it that I started a thread about it. You were just asking a mundane question. This is about reading comprehension. i find that many people here can't read...or have no real reading comprehension. Just look at some of the responses in the threads.

Is the lack of comprehension willful? Or is it indoctrination? Is it a lack of attention...A.D.D.?

Matthew 22:37-40
[37] Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. [38] This is the first and great commandment. [39] And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. [40] On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

The question is do we? The thread is: “Righteous is as righteous does?

Do we all fall short of the glory of God?
Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

2 Corinthians 12:9-10
[9] And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. [10] Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

2 Corinthians 8:2,9 How that in a great trial of affliction the abundance of their joy and their deep poverty abounded unto the riches of their liberality. [9] For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.