1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Roman Catholicism

Discussion in 'Christian Apologetics Forum' started by CoreIssue, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Lady Crosstalk

Lady Crosstalk Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    I agree in many respects. 1 John tells us that we don't need any teachers, if we have the Holy Spirit (1 John 2:27). I think most evangelicals believe pretty much the same things on major doctrines. They differ a bit on non-salvific issues but that is okay--none of us is a perfect vessel of the Holy Spirit. I have learned a fair bit from those who I have opposed from a different theological angle.

2. aspen

aspen “"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Are the wolves behind every bush?

And you are making some real leaps regarding my theology

3. Enoch111

Enoch111 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    o_O

4. Pearl

Pearl Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United Kingdom
    At the church I belonged to anybody was allowed to preach if they had a message. After I'd missed the previous Sunday's preach I apologised to the guy who had brought it and his reply was, Oh you didn't miss anything you will have heard it all before. Their 'motto' used to be, "Where there is no vision, the people perish." Proverbs 29:18 But like many churches they seemed to have lost the vision they once had.

5. aspen

aspen “"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Interesting. I have been to several churches like that. I am going to a Quaker church on Sundays and Mass every other day. Quakers are pretty free about allowing people to preach - it is a lively bunch

Nancy likes this.
  6. Pearl

Pearl Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United Kingdom
    Our church was brilliant like that. If you had something to say you could go to the front and share it anytime during the meeting. And if you felt you had a subject for a preach then you were encouraged to do so. There were probably about five regulars as well as the leader (pastor) and also guest speakers. For a long while it was a good place to be and I felt I was in the right place but I began to feel uncomfortable.

Nancy likes this.
  7. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Ahaha...didn't have a brain handy, sry :D

8. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    That sounds awesome! Like a bible study really.
    May I ask what made you uncomfortable?

9. tzcho2

tzcho2 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States

10. Lady Crosstalk

Lady Crosstalk Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    Not me--I just report what I have heard from former RCs. Why must you constantly accuse others of lying? They might be mistaken but are unlikely to be deliberately lying. You are "bearing false witness" when you accuse them of lying without any way to verify that. And THAT is, at the very least, rude.

I SAID they are former RCs.

"Us"? As in Legion? You WARNED me?? What will it be for me--burning at the stake? The rack? Just like your antecedents, who made murderous threats? Of course, they had the ability to carry them out.

Is that a complaint? Perhaps you would rather I ignore you so that you can attack others without comment from me? I still have you on "ignore" but I check into "ignored content" sometimes, if a response from someone else tweaks my interest. Sometimes I just can't let some of your accusations go unchalleged. You are also an "accuser of the brethren" (even one of your popes said that we are "separated brethren") and that puts you on the evil one's payroll.

tzcho2 and Nancy like this.
  11. Stranger

Stranger Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Good analogy.

Stranger

12. BreadOfLife

BreadOfLife Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    And I'm telling you as an educated Catholic that IF they were ever even Catholic - they were ignorant Catholics.

The things you described about them illustrate an all-too-familiar outline of typicaln "CINO's" - or "Catholics in Name Only". People who simply cluttered the pews for a time until they were seduced out of the Church by a partial version of the truth via Protestant Christianity . . .
    No - "Us", as in educated Catholics. Besides - the only "threat" I've leveled against you is the same one I've given to ALL of the ignorant anti-Catholics here: If you don't want me to expose you - then don't lie.
    It's really that simple.

I'm only "rude" because you don't like to be caught lying . . .
    Actually - I don't really know if many of you ARE actually "brethren. Some of your aberrant theologies are so bizarre that they routinely blur the line between Christianity and the cults. So, you have to forgive me if I don't always treat you as "brethren."

And I'm not complaining at all.
    I'm actually having a great time watching you jump in-and-out of "Ignore" mode - although I don't really believe you ever had me on ignore to begin with.

Anyway - BE HONEST and I won't have to correct you anymore . . .

13. Reggie Belafonte

Reggie Belafonte Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    Without such a dictatorship of Satanic powers of what's called 'Political Correctness' and this is truly what was the empowerment that let all this Muslims being offended crap or such nonsense fester or such nonsense just would not get a foot in the door in the first place in fact and it never did before the cancer of Political Correctness came about, because it was pointed out for what it truly was due to our right to total freedom of speech. our forefathers would not tolerate the Pox of such as the great UK PM W Churchill pointed out correctly that Islam is like rabies in a Dog.

Try going to a Islamic Nation and try running about getting offended about them and all and see what happens to you:mad:, such a one would not last the day out, if not shot directly and the real problem is that our Media in the West are absolute Traitors !:( not to mention our Political Governments and Educational learning is totally corrupted from the top down, it's a cancer that's abiding in Satan's works leading all astray.
    We have been set on target to becoming Communist Nations, by these degenerate Satanic total mongrel good for nothing low life bastards.
    Nothing good comes from Anti-Christ but only misery and then the Hellfire, because such has reaped what they have sown.

We in Australia just had our Commemoration of ANZAC Day 15/4/2019 and it says.

"The price of Liberty is eternal vigilance" ?

I looked around thinking :oops::confused::rolleyes:o_O our Defence force is in fact run by political Correct queers from the top down in fact and a Government that are Traitors to it's own people that's openly on display. not to mention grovelling to the NWO and shafting the Voters with sarcastic abuse, if they can think for themselves.

Lady Crosstalk likes this.
  14. Reggie Belafonte

Reggie Belafonte Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    That's Totally correct ! from what I see of such as well.

15. tzcho2

tzcho2 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I feel sorry for you, that you have no clue except what the RCC tells you, that scripture means....for you to list those verses in the book of Revelation & claiming that all those verses is where the rcc gets the references for the Mass??? I'm shocked that is what you've been taught that all those scriptures purpose and meaning is?

16. tzcho2

tzcho2 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I guess by your testimony here this sounds like you don't get the gospel message. Sorry that you think it's not exciting enough for you.

17. CoreIssue

CoreIssue Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Today most preachers teach denominational doctrine, not the Bible.

Lady Crosstalk and tzcho2 like this.
  18. BreadOfLife

BreadOfLife Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    And thank YOU for yet another example of WHY I'm here on this forum - to stamp out lies lie this.

The verses I gave you fro the Book of Revelation are where we get the references for different parts of the Mass. I NEVER said that this is "ALL" that they meant. It IS, however, one of the reasons that your Protestant Father, Martin Luther had such disdain for this Book. If you bothered to do your Church history homework instead of burying your face in Jack Chick tracks - you might have known this.

Unfortunately, you're just a cliché - just another ignorant anti-Catholic who punches blindly into the air without understanding what he is punching AT. Reading the moronic conspiracy theory exchanges between you and @Lady Crosstalk is like watching the Keystone Cops on Xanax . . .

19. brakelite

brakelite Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    Let me begin right here...Since when has the CC ever recognised the Lord's Day? See Mark 2:28 to see which day the Lord Himself said was His day. As for the remainder of the texts you gave, what they reveal is that the CC has turned itself into a counterfeit...a gross earthly copy of heavenly things; but done so in her own power in an attempt to look the part, without the power.
    Here is an example...a copy of the throne room in heaven...antichrist pure and simple.

Francis-Jan25-2014sm.jpg
    You do not teach the book of revelation. You misuse it and abuse it. You twist it to serve your own self interests. One fine example is your church's propaganda attempt to make the woman of Revelation 12 to be Mary, the mother of Jesus. And then completely ignore the accuracy of the symbolism of your own church described in Revelation 17:1-6
    Consistory-ceremony-photo.jpg

tzcho2 likes this.
  20. quietthinker

quietthinker Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    A day is coming when all will be revealed. All the big talkers, all the subterfuge, all the lies, all the slippery and not so slippery yada yada will be exposed to shame and everlasting contempt.
    Being in the wrong camp will be a loss unimaginable.

Lady Crosstalk, brakelite and tzcho2 like this.