Roman Catholicism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
What is abhorrent is tricking 1 billion people into believing the lie about the false doctrine teaching of Purgatory. They are told they don't need to just rely on the saving grace by faith in our Lord & Savior Jesus , because they are told they have this safety net that the RCC has implemented to pay them into heaven. This false purgatory teaching has has nothing to do with mercy or faith --it shows Faith only in the false teachings of the RCC that invented the doctrine of Purgatory in the first place.
The doctrine of Purgatory contradicts the Bible teachings & opposes the gospel of Jesus Christ finished work on Calvary as paying the penalty for sins once for all for those who believe by putting their Faith in Jesus alone.
The false doctrine of purgatory has made the RCC very wealthy by charging for "indulgencies" & masses to pay the ransom for people supposedly "held in purgatory" .
Bible reading Christians know there is no doctrine of Purgatory taught anywhere by the Apostles.
Hebrews 9:27 "27 Just as man is appointed to die once, and after that to face judgment. " There is no between place where people are purified of their sins. The RCC is always at odds with the Gospel. It's Popes & Counsels have boldly without conscience added to the Bible all over the place. The Catholic church as a religious institution is absolutely not recognizable as Christian- in it's traditions, doctrines,teachings, beliefs or practices & it holds itself equal to God's word in authority and power.
"It is finished" is a glorious statement!

Hebrews chapters 9 and 10 are very clear about the finished work at the Cross which the Lord Jesus fully accomplished and which the Father fully accepts on the believer's behalf.

Reactions: tzcho2

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is abhorrent is tricking 1 billion people into believing the lie about the false doctrine teaching of Purgatory. They are told they don't need to just rely on the saving grace by faith in our Lord & Savior Jesus , because they are told they have this safety net that the RCC has implemented to pay them into heaven. This false purgatory teaching has has nothing to do with mercy or faith --it shows Faith only in the false teachings of the RCC that invented the doctrine of Purgatory in the first place.
The doctrine of Purgatory contradicts the Bible teachings & opposes the gospel of Jesus Christ finished work on Calvary as paying the penalty for sins once for all for those who believe by putting their Faith in Jesus alone.
The false doctrine of purgatory has made the RCC very wealthy by charging for "indulgencies" & masses to pay the ransom for people supposedly "held in purgatory" .
Bible reading Christians know there is no doctrine of Purgatory taught anywhere by the Apostles.
Hebrews 9:27 "27 Just as man is appointed to die once, and after that to face judgment. " There is no between place where people are purified of their sins. The RCC is always at odds with the Gospel. It's Popes & Counsels have boldly without conscience added to the Bible all over the place. The Catholic church as a religious institution is absolutely not recognizable as Christian- in it's traditions, doctrines,teachings, beliefs or practices & it holds itself equal to God's word in authority and power.
Like I said - I will expose you EVERY time you lie - and this post is no different . . .

First off - the Church never "charged" anybody for Indulgences. This was an abuse by some that was dealt with in the 16th century. This is one of those idiotic anti-Catholic fairy tales that uneducated people like YOU proliferate. It would be tantamount to saying that just because there are SOME Protestant ministers who molest children - ALL Protestant denominations endorse this behavior. That would be just as stupid as YOUR remarks . . .

As to your first comment in RED - it is BECAUSE of God's saving grace that there even IS a Final Purification.
Rev. 21:27 states emphatically that NOTHING impure or imperfect can enter Heaven. YOU'RE a sinner, so YOU would need to be purified before entering - unless you believe you no longer sin, which is heretical in itself . . .

Do YOU believe that you are pure and perfect so as to enter Heaven?

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"It is finished" is a glorious statement!
Hebrews chapters 9 and 10 are very clear about the finished work at the Cross which the Lord Jesus fully accomplished and which the Father fully accepts on the believer's behalf.
I couldn't agree with you more.

NOW - does the "believer" simply sit on his butt and "believe" all day and refuse to be moved by the spirit?
OR - does the believer cooperate with the grace won by Christ's finished work??

WHICH
one is like the Lazy Servant and be cast into the darkness (Matt. 25:30)??
WHICH one of those is doing the Father's will and be saved (Matt. 7:21)??

Unless you cooperate with God 's grace - you cannot HOPE to be saved . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus human mother Mary needed a Saviour the same as us. The angel did not say she was full of the Holy Spirit.
You can't be this dense, right??

Mary indeed needed a Savior - and SHE admitted it. The Church NEVER claimed that she didn't. Only an uneducated, ignorant person would come to that conclusion.
Mary was indeed saved - but she was saved at conception.

Your 2nd ignorant claim in RED is easily debunked by Scripture.
The Greek word is Kecharitomene that Luke used in his Gospel (v.1:28), which is the perfect passive participle, indicates a completed action with permanent result. Thus it translates, “completely, perfectly, enduringly endowed with grace.” Kecharitomene is not a mere description here. It is used as a title – a name.
The Angel didn’t say, “Hail Mary, full of grace.”
He said, "Hail, Kecharitomene.”

Jerome translated this title as “Gratia plena” (full of grace). He could HARDLY write, “Hail, completely, perfectly, enduringly endowed with grace, which is a perfect passive participle, indicating a completed action with a PERMANENT result.”

“Full of grace” was simply the most concise way of explaining the above definition.

You'd be MUCH better off if you did your homework before posting . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bottom line seems to be authority: Scripture or tradition?
Easy: BOTH.

Paul puts Sacred Tradition ON PAR with Scripture:
2 Thess 2:15
"Stand firm and hold fast to the Traditions you were taught, EITHER BY an ORAL STATEMENT - OR BY a letter from us."

He doesn't say "ONLY a letter."

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like I said - I will expose you EVERY time you lie - and this post is no different . . .

First off - the Church never "charged" anybody for Indulgences. This was an abuse by some that was dealt with in the 16th century. This is one of those idiotic anti-Catholic fairy tales that uneducated people like YOU proliferate. It would be tantamount to saying that just because there are SOME Protestant ministers who molest children - ALL Protestant denominations endorse this behavior. That would be just as stupid as YOUR remarks . . .

As to your first comment in RED - it is BECAUSE of God's saving grace that there even IS a Final Purification.
Rev. 21:27 states emphatically that NOTHING impure or imperfect can enter Heaven. YOU'RE a sinner, so YOU would need to be purified before entering - unless you believe you no longer sin, which is heretical in itself . . .

Do YOU believe that you are pure and perfect so as to enter Heaven?
Sorry you're only exposing the brainwashing done to you & repeat falsehoods you've been indoctrinated with, I wish you could see it & hear for yourself. Your belief in what is "heretical" is that which opposes the teachings you've been taught by the RCC. You need to be de-programmed.
It is false that the church never charged anybody for indulgences & your statement that it was dealt with in the 16 century-- seriously? what hogwash you've been taught. They are being bought & money is being transferred to the rcc as we type--kaaaa---Ching! $$$$
People can only be helped while they still have a breath in them, it is their choice to Believe with faith in Jesus ONLY as the propitiation for their sins. Jesus is the only mediator between God and man. The Bible says there is only heaven or hell, not any in between place. Those who are saved are with Christ upon death. As apostle Paul said, "To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord." 2Cor 5

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Easy: BOTH.

Paul puts Sacred Tradition ON PAR with Scripture:
2 Thess 2:15
"Stand firm and hold fast to the Traditions you were taught, EITHER BY an ORAL STATEMENT - OR BY a letter from us."

He doesn't say "ONLY a letter."
That had nothing to do with the RCC. You are deceived!

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What is abhorrent is tricking 1 billion people into believing the lie about the false doctrine teaching of Purgatory.

Hey--if you think that's bad, check out the "wearing of the Brown Scapular" that is taught by the Sisters of Carmel. They claim that on July 16, 1251, the Virgin Mary told them that they needed to teach that "Whosoever dies invested with this scapular shall be preserved from the eternal flames. It is a sign of salvation, a sure safeguard in danger, a pledge of peace and of my special protection until the end of the ages." There are still Catholics wearing the scapular today, thinking that they are under the Virgin Mary's special protection from going to hell. Instead of trusting in Christ for their salvation, they are trusting in a "magic" amulet comprised of string and a bit of pasteboard encased in plastic (essentially a necklace), worn under the clothing. I saw a bumper sticker at the mall the other day: "Trust in the Blessed Mother and wear the scapular every day!" I had never seen anything like that before so I looked it up. My understanding is that the Mary cults within the RCC encourage wearing the scapular. *sigh*

Reactions: tzcho2

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry you're only exposing the brainwashing done to you & repeat falsehoods you've been indoctrinated with, I wish you could see it & hear for yourself. Your belief in what is "heretical" is that which opposes the teachings you've been taught by the RCC. You need to be de-programmed.
It is false that the church never charged anybody for indulgences & your statement that it was dealt with in the 16 century-- seriously? what hogwash you've been taught. They are being bought & money is being transferred to the rcc as we type--kaaaa---Ching! $$$$
People can only be helped while they still have a breath in them, it is their choice to Believe with faith in Jesus ONLY as the propitiation for their sins. Jesus is the only mediator between God and man. The Bible says there is only heaven or hell, not any in between place. Those who are saved are with Christ upon death. As apostle Paul said, "To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord." 2Cor 5
Let's start with your first idiotic lie in RED . . .

The selling of Indulgences was an abuse my men like the German priest Johann Tetzel. It was Tetzel who coined the phrase, "When a coin in the coffer rings, a soul from Purgatory springs."

Cardinal Cajetan (Tommaso de Vio, 1469-1534) wrote about men like Tetzel:
“Preachers act in the name of the Church so long as they teach the doctrines of Christ and the Church; but if they teach, guided by their own minds and arbitrariness of will, things of which they are ignorant, they cannot pass as representatives of the Church; it need not be wondered at that they go astray.”

The Council of Trent (1545-1564) issued a stern decree that gave Church teaching on indulgences and that provided stringent guidelines to eliminate abuses.

Until you can PROVE that the Church is selling indulgences - your false accusations may as well have been expelled from your backside . . .

NOW
- for your other stupid comment in RED - time for a BIBLE lesson . . .

In 1 Cor. 3:10-15, this is how the process is described:
"According to the grace of God given to me, like a wise master builder I laid a foundation, and another is building upon it. But each one must be careful how he builds upon it, for no one can lay a foundation other than the one that is there, namely, Jesus Christ. If anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, or straw, the work of each will come to light, for the Day (judgment) will disclose it. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire itself will test the quality of each one’s work. If the work stands that someone built upon the foundation, that person will receive a wage. But if someone’s work is burned up, that one will SUFFER loss; the person WILL be saved, but only as through fire."

a) This cannot be Heaven because the person will SUFFER - and there is NO suffering in Heaven (Rev. 21:4).
b) This cannot be Hell because the person will be SAVED - ad there is NO salvation in Hell (Mark 9:48).
c) This is describing a THIRD state – a state of Final Purification.

Game.
SET.
MATCH.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey--if you think that's bad, check out the "wearing of the Brown Scapular" that is taught by the Sisters of Carmel. They claim that on July 16, 1251, the Virgin Mary told them that they needed to teach that "Whosoever dies invested with this scapular shall be preserved from the eternal flames. It is a sign of salvation, a sure safeguard in danger, a pledge of peace and of my special protection until the end of the ages." There are still Catholics wearing the scapular today, thinking that they are under the Virgin Mary's special protection from going to hell. Instead of trusting in Christ for their salvation, they are trusting in a "magic" amulet comprised of string and a bit of pasteboard encased in plastic (essentially a necklace), worn under the clothing. I saw a bumper sticker at the mall the other day: "Trust in the Blessed Mother and wear the scapular every day!" I had never seen anything like that before so I looked it up. My understanding is that the Mary cults within the RCC encourage wearing the scapular. *sigh*
NEITHER of you geniuses can ever seem to get your story straight.

The Church doesn't ever say that wearing a brown Scapular guarantees you a spot in Heaven.
It's conditional on your enduring in faith and prayer life. The Scapular is just a piece of cloth - it's a sacramental.

Why don't you do some actual HOMEWORK before you post your manure??
It'll make you look less foolish . . .

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, there are a number of those novenas etc...the rcc reminds me of the selling of snake oil. It's why the grip is so tight upon their parishes, all the superstition, prayer cards, special masses , madonna magic, promises & repackaged spiritualism they sell.
It's branding, they marketed Mother Teresa's image. But the world is like that , didn't Jesus say sort of , to paraphrase beware if the world loves you? Luke 6:26 Mother teresa made person of the year, time mag etc etc... but her work with the dying was not as it was promoted to be, though the world loved her image.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Being nice doesn't necessarily mean you're weak.
You can be nice and be strong at the same time.
That's a character trait that we need more on this forum.
Have a great day, folks.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Church doesn't ever say that wearing a brown Scapular guarantees you a spot in Heaven.
It's conditional on your enduring in faith and prayer life.
Oh?? ... no, it's just More Hokus pokas and shenanigans from the RCC. What will they think of next to get you out of hell??...........perhaps asking Jesus?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh?? ... no, it's just More Hokus pokas and shenanigans from the RCC. What will they think of next to get you out of hell??...........perhaps asking Jesus?
If you people just did your homework - I wouldn't have to humiliate you like this in public.

And, once again - what is "RCC"??
Can you explain??

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being nice doesn't necessarily mean you're weak.
You can be nice and be strong at the same time.
That's a character trait that we need more on this forum.
Have a great day, folks.
I couldn't agree with you more.
Lying is about the worst thing you can do on a discussion forum.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, there are a number of those novenas etc...the rcc reminds me of the selling of snake oil. It's why the grip is so tight upon their parishes, all the superstition, prayer cards, special masses , madonna magic, promises & repackaged spiritualism they sell. It's branding, look how they marketed Mother Teresa. But the world is like that , didn't Jesus say sort of , to paraphrase beware if the world loves you? Luke 6:26
You just proved that we Catholics aren't "loved" by the world by your own persecution of us.
Thanks!

Reactions: Triumph1300