Roman Catholicism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Perhaps not. I don't know. But, remember, of the reformers who were part of the Roman church at one time, they were believers and in the Roman Church. Yes they did get out, but they were believers when they were in.

Stranger

I think you may have misunderstood what I meant. I think there are likely many Christians in the pews of RCCs--I have Catholic cousins who believe standard Christian doctrine. I just have a hard time thinking that there are a lot of Christians among those high up in the ranks of leadership. With all the pedophilia and its subsequent cover-up among priests and the hierarchy (which I believe is straight out of the pit of hell), the blasphemy ("the Pope is God on earth"--really!!?!!), and the rank heresy offered up by the current Pope, I am pretty doubtful that many in the hierarchy are Christians.

Reactions: Enoch111

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What about "the cult of Mary"? That was literally a cult, as even the New Advent Catholic Encyclopedia states.

Yes--I have a Catholic friend whose wife is caught up in a Mary cult. He worries a great deal about her and her affect on their children.

Reactions: Enoch111

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Also - praying for the dead PROVES that there are some awaiting release (Purgatory). The Orthodox Jews of today STILL pray for the dead.
How can the dead be waiting for release? That would make them living? Are they not conscious in purgatory? If so, then they are not dead.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you can't deal with the evidence presented to you, regardless of the format, you don't belong here.

It is not your forum and you are not a moderator to set rules.

We have gone through this before. Thousands come to my website every month and read. I didn't create it to be debate only.
Never claimed that I DID make the rules.

However - I've never seen a rule here that says I have to watch your videos because YOU can't articulate your points . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then don't.

But it also means you are in no position to critique those that do.
On a discussion forum - I am in a position to critique WHATEVER I want.

Again - maybe you should spend your time elsewhere because you don't seem to understand the concept of a DISCUSSION forum . . .

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On a discussion forum - I am in a position to critique WHATEVER I want.

Again - maybe you should spend your time elsewhere because you don't seem to understand the concept of a DISCUSSION forum . . .

Well I think all the videos on Catholicism are absolutely correct.

If you disagree tell me what is wrong with what they said.
bringiton.gif

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are many Christians within the RCC. However, I don't think the Vatican contains a lot of Christians--and historically, it doesn't often appear to have been led by Christians--including the leadership today.
The ones that become Christian by reading the Bible as opposed to the false doctrines of the RCC end up leaving it because when they are born again with the Holy Spirit, they cannot sit in a worship ceremony that usurps Christ Jesus as the only mediator between heaven & earth. They end up finding another Church & praying for their relatives from there.

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The ones that become Christian by reading the Bible as opposed to the false doctrines of the RCC end up leaving it because when they are born again with the Holy Spirit, they cannot sit in a worship ceremony that usurps Christ Jesus as the only mediator between heaven & earth. They end up finding another Church & praying for their relatives from there.
Not true.

I was born again in the Holy spirit and see the fullness of Christ in His Catholic Church (Eph. 1:22-23).
I pray for YOU and others like you who reject this fullness in favor of a partial truth . . .

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aren't you God's loving little ray of sunshine...:rolleyes:

Sometimes I really wonder what you do see when you read your bible...

The WORD trinity is not in the bible.
Just as the WORD purgatory is not.
But , just like trinity the concept comes across loud and clear.

You talk often about "all your studies" ( as if none of the rest of us have spent decades in studies too)

How much time do you spend WITH GOD?
NOT with a bible in your hand , or other peoples videos etc..but just YOU, one to one with the Father?

Your posts do not ring like one who has " been with Jesus"...they are harsh, hard, and judgemental.
You may judge the "cults"...but you make judgements on the people in them too. You do not know people's heart, or how they seek the Lord.
You put them down, so the you feel elevated above them.
I sense no real "caring heart" for anyone.

Many years ago I learned the lesson..."Never trust a man who does not walk with a limp." ( ie Jacob, touched by God )
Why is it that you call CoreIssue a "ray of sunshine" sarcastically, for just succintly stating his views & Biblical Truth, but the rampant calling people liars & worse by Bread of Life or the constant condescending sarcasm of Marymog you don't make a peep & actually show them support?
CoreIssue is not insulting people , nor being condescending but some how when someone has biblical truth behind their words it's too harsh for you? I find it hypocritical that you call him judgmental but you somehow are allowed to judge him? and give a little lecture to him?
Guess what? it is loving to tell the God's truth if you happen to possess it. Actually speaking the Biblical truth is supposed to be convicting, but these days people do not like to be convicted by the Holy Spirit , they start saying it's "not nice or its too stern, it's judgmental, or who does he think he is the know it all!"
The Biblical truth is not "seeker friendly' --it's not all hallmark phony ego-stroking affection, that says you're OK too, God's truth slices between the bone and the marrow - it's uncomfortable sometimes especially if we've allowed ourselves to get lead further away from it.
I'm sure the devil was extremely charming , friendly & non-judgmental sounding guy when he spoke to Eve. But he was also a liar and a deceiver.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not true.

I was born again in the Holy spirit and see the fullness of Christ in His Catholic Church (Eph. 1:22-23).
I pray for YOU and others like you who reject this fullness in favor of a partial truth . . .
Yes it is true, but you probably don't know any of them.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The soul doesn't die OR sleep.
That's an SDA fallacy
I am not SDA, nor did I say anything about "the soul". If the "soul" doesn't die, then it is not dead. Therefore, prayers for the "dead" are not directed to living souls in purgatory, but on behalf of dead people in the grave.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes it is true, but you probably don't know any of them.
Sure I do.
Most of my 13 siblings are Protestant.

I pray for them and ALL Christians like YOU who follow only a partial truth.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not SDA, nor did I say anything about "the soul". If the "soul" doesn't die, then it is not dead. Therefore, prayers for the "dead" are not directed to living souls in purgatory, but on behalf of dead people in the grave.
Prayers for the physically dead are directed at the fate of their living souls.
The Church simply didn't think anybody was that stupid to have to have it explained to them . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is it that you call CoreIssue a "ray of sunshine" sarcastically, for just succintly stating his views & Biblical Truth, but the rampant calling people liars & worse by Bread of Life or the constant condescending sarcasm of Marymog you don't make a peep & actually show them support?
CoreIssue is not insulting people , nor being condescending but some how when someone has biblical truth behind their words it's too harsh for you? I find it hypocritical that you call him judgmental but you somehow are allowed to judge him? and give a little lecture to him?
Guess what? it is loving to tell the God's truth if you happen to possess it. Actually speaking the Biblical truth is supposed to be convicting, but these days people do not like to be convicted by the Holy Spirit , they start saying it's "not nice or its too stern, it's judgmental, or who does he think he is the know it all!"
The Biblical truth is not "seeker friendly' --it's not all hallmark phony ego-stroking affection, that says you're OK too, God's truth slices between the bone and the marrow - it's uncomfortable sometimes especially if we've allowed ourselves to get lead further away from it.
I'm sure the devil was extremely charming , friendly & non-judgmental sounding guy when he spoke to Eve. But he was also a liar and a deceiver.
Actually - YOU just lied because I've NEVER called anybody a "Liar" on this forum.
I simply point out to them when they DO lie.

If you tell your friend that maybe they should go on a diet - did you actually call them a
"Big Fat Pig" - or did you simply point out that they needed to lose some weight??

Try to be honest for a change . . .

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually - YOU just lied because I've NEVER called anybody a "Liar" on this forum.

If you tell your friend that maybe they should go on a diet - did you actually call them a
"Big Fat Pig" - or did you simply point out that they needed to lose some weight??

Try to be honest for a change . . .

You seem to have difficulty with honesty. You BreadOfLife are constantly insulting others and calling people liars or implying that they are Lying -same thing. Just on this one thread alone there are 4 posts by you doing what you say you NEVER do --6 x calling others liars, it's your favorite thing to do.

#24 BreadOfLife
"Actually -
that's a LIE.
I ALWAYS explain the Catholic position on EVERY topic I debate.

I make sure that anti-Catholics like YOU get the full explanation so you won't have an excuse to say the same stupid thing next time around . ." .

#53 BreadOfLife
"No - she simply doesn't
LIE like YOU do.

She doesn't have to sit at her computer and regurgitate the same tired, old garbage that YOU do because she has true charity in her heart - and YOU apparently don't."

#64 BreadOfLife
"Nope - I NEVER send anybody to a Catholic site to watch videos.
I ALWAYS articulate my point in my post.
CoreIssue said: ↑
A non-Catholic goes on a Catholic site and disagrees and they are not there very long. Banned.
No - most Catholic site that I know if will let ANYBODY stay as long as they don't attack and
lie as YOU do.
BreadOfLife said:
"You wanna do that - go over to CARM.org.
They have
PLENTY of liars there - and you'd be MORE than welcome . . ."

#97 BreadOfLife
"Actually -
YOU just lied because I've NEVER called anybody a "Liar" on this forum.

Try to be honest for a change . . "

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You seem to have difficulty with honesty. You BreadOfLife are constantly insulting others and calling people liars or implying that they are Lying -same thing. Just on this one thread alone there are 4 posts by you doing what you say you NEVER do --6 x calling others liars, it's your favorite thing to do.

#24 BreadOfLife
"Actually -
that's a LIE.
I ALWAYS explain the Catholic position on EVERY topic I debate.

I make sure that anti-Catholics like YOU get the full explanation so you won't have an excuse to say the same stupid thing next time around . ." .

#53 BreadOfLife
"No - she simply doesn't
LIE like YOU do.

She doesn't have to sit at her computer and regurgitate the same tired, old garbage that YOU do because she has true charity in her heart - and YOU apparently don't."

#64 BreadOfLife
"Nope - I NEVER send anybody to a Catholic site to watch videos.
I ALWAYS articulate my point in my post.
CoreIssue said: ↑
A non-Catholic goes on a Catholic site and disagrees and they are not there very long. Banned.
No - most Catholic site that I know if will let ANYBODY stay as long as they don't attack and
lie as YOU do.
BreadOfLife said:
"You wanna do that - go over to CARM.org.
They have
PLENTY of liars there - and you'd be MORE than welcome . . ."

#97 BreadOfLife
"Actually -
YOU just lied because I've NEVER called anybody a "Liar" on this forum.

Try to be honest for a change . . "

Yes, there's been more than enough accusations from "Bread of Life"--that's why I have him on "ignore". Many things with which he disagrees, he calls "a lie" instead of trying to get evidence to the contrary. He only appears to know the pat answers with pet verses from the Bible. From what I have heard, most Catholic priests don't really know the whole Bible. I don't think he would win many debates.

Reactions: tzcho2