ROMANS 11 WHO IS THE WILD OLIVE TREE?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

Hey brother

Sorry but I don't see that. Paul says in Christ there is neither Jew or Greek and the church is a new creature.
This is true. But many insist the broken off unbelieving Jews are Israel. When they are in fact gentiles who call themselves Jews and Israel.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IF they repent of their unbelief.

I understand what you guys mean, but what Paul was warning the Gentiles was to not be haughty regarding the Jews (the heresy of replacement theology), because if God cut off the natural branches, He could cut them off too if they didn't endure to the end and went back to living in sin, which also puts to rest the heresy of OSAS. He is also saying, that if a Jew repented, because he had once belonged to the natural tree, how much easier it would be for him if he repented to be grafted back into the tree he was in originally.

How come no one seems to get the meaning of Romans 11? Are they already infected by replacement theology?

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 11:24 New International Version (NIV)
24 After all, if you were cut out of an olive tree that is wild by nature, and contrary to nature were grafted into a cultivated olive tree, how much more readily will these, the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree!

The KJV used the word good, not Paul.

If you knew anything about farming you would know your claim was an absurd one.

Even today in agriculture the terms are domesticated, cultivated, hybrid and wild. Not good and bad.

Hello

Just wanted to share this with you in regard to KJV

Look at the differences I came across in these verses:

KJV Mark 1:14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,

NIV Mark 1:14 After John was put in prison, Jesus went into Galilee, proclaiming the good news of God.

In the NIV the kingdom is omitted.... the NIV does not identify the specificity of the gospel being about the kingdom.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello

Just wanted to share this with you in regard to KJV

Look at the differences I came across in these verses:

KJV Mark 1:14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,

NIV Mark 1:14 After John was put in prison, Jesus went into Galilee, proclaiming the good news of God.

In the NIV the kingdom is omitted.... the NIV does not identify the specificity of the gospel being about the kingdom.

The Catholics added's words and verses to the Bible to make it match their doctrines.

I researched these issues. The NIV does not remove such from the Bible. Those things were never in the oldest manuscripts.

So you have to explain why they were never seen prior to the TR, in example. Which was written by a Catholic priest.

They didn't preach the kingdom. They preached the gospel.

In Catholicism Catholicism is the Kingdom.

Compare with other translations.

Mark 1:14 After the arrest of John, Jesus went into Galilee and proclaimed the gospel of God.

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Catholics added's words and verses to the Bible to make it match their doctrines.

I researched these issues. The NIV does not remove such from the Bible. Those things were never in the oldest manuscripts.

So you have to explain why they were never seen prior to the TR, in example. Which was written by a Catholic priest.

They didn't preach the kingdom. They preached the gospel.

In Catholicism Catholicism is the Kingdom.

Compare with other translations.

Mark 1:14 After the arrest of John, Jesus went into Galilee and proclaimed the gospel of God.

Hi

You mentioned in one of your posts about Easter being used instead of Passover. That is a controversial thing....Technically in Acts 12:4 Passover was past....it was the days of unleavened bread......however there was some old testament passages that combined it all as Passover. I have read that there is no real way to translate this word in English and Tyndale translated it as Easter. Easter was also a Roman Pagan holiday so it would be correct to use Easter.

Also you defended using cultivated olive tree instead of good olive tree...in your defense if you look at Strong's, he used cultivated tree as a nuanced word for good tree. I don't know whether or not it would be the best.

I am not well versed in the translation area, nor do I intend to debate it....all I know is that verses are missing or altered in other versions. Old manuscripts may not be the best.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi

You mentioned in one of your posts about Easter being used instead of Passover. That is a controversial thing....Technically in Acts 12:4 Passover was past....it was the days of unleavened bread......however there was some old testament passages that combined it all as Passover. I have read that there is no real way to translate this word in English and Tyndale translated it as Easter. Easter was also a Roman Pagan holiday so it would be correct to use Easter.

Also you defended using cultivated olive tree instead of good olive tree...in your defense if you look at Strong's, he used cultivated tree as a nuanced word for good tree. I don't know whether or not it would be the best.

I am not well versed in the translation area, nor do I intend to debate it....all I know is that verses are missing or altered in other versions. Old manuscripts may not be the best.

The days of unleavened bread are part of Passover. They are 100% Jewish, not Easter.

Romans and others celebrated Ishtar, not Easter.

But even if you want to go that direction it makes it a pagan holiday adopted by Catholicism and redesignated the resurrection of Christ. Never biblical.

It doesn't matter what the Romans celebrated, this was the Jewish Passover.

So how can you claim the older manuscripts that do not agree with the KJV are incorrect when written 1500 years after the Apostles?