Romans 6:10—“Unto Sin”

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe the same, because the soul and the spirit eternally remain together.
For us, perhaps...but for the Lord, it may indeed be that His soul was also separated from His Spirit in His dying for us.

For us, the soul can indeed be divided from the spirit (Hebrews 4:12).

Thread: Hebrews 4:12.

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are speaking of a bible religion.
The letter kills but the Spirit gives life.

I'm speaking of a spiritual walk in Zion...a resurrection life kingdom walk. Look up some old preachers and you may find some reference to that.
For us, perhaps...but for the Lord, it may indeed be that His soul was also separated from His Spirit in His dying for us.

For us, the soul can indeed be divided from the spirit (Hebrews 4:12).

Thread: Hebrews 4:12.
Good Scripture application for this issue. I see it that the word "divide" to mean the Word reveals the distinction between the soul and spirit and the body ("joints and marrow"). This distinction reveals they are separate things (soul and spirit), but not that they could be separated, which I believe would relate to the fact that the body can be separated from the spirit and soul.

Appreciate your replies and comments, and God bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that Hebrews 4:12 declares that soul and spirit are one but that the word of God has the power to separate them.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Knowledge and experience of God comes by Scripture and the Author of it, Spirit of God in you (Rom 8:16). Unless we're not discussing the same religion.
Wisdom, revelation and understanding only come from God,

Mat_16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

as does experience, one cannot know God without experiencing God, and that requires a walk with Him alone.

Reactions: amadeus

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wisdom, revelation and understanding only come from God,

Mat_16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

As does experience, one cannot know God without experiencing God, and that requires a walk with Him alone.
Hi, and it's been a while seeing you. Like your comment and thanks for the reply!

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, it is wonderful that all the charges against me were nailed to the cross. Now, if He would also blot out the memory of them in my mind!

do you detest those memories? then don't worry about it. once Jesus comes such memories remain in the ground, the only memory that is forever is God's. and what He sees in you that is of His Son is Beloved. so fyi the treasure in heaven is the Lord and what you benefit from is whatever that is of the Lord that is in you and the deeds of Him that He did with you.

when Jesus walked with His people:

Luk 4:13  And when the devil had ended all the temptation, he departed from him for a season. 

therefore, even Jesus had to experience the devil's attempts to get Him to entertain what the Father wouldn't have Jesus to entertain. the flesh is condemned in the condemned condition. you may not be able to prevent a thought to come to mind, but you surly don't have to entertain it. no different then, some one could say something to get you to consider a thing, but you don't have to entertain it.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
do you detest those memories? then don't worry about it. once Jesus comes such memories remain in the ground, the only memory that is forever is God's. and what He sees in you that is of His Son is Beloved. so fyi the treasure in heaven is the Lord and what you benefit from is whatever that is of the Lord that is in you and the deeds of Him that He did with you.

when Jesus walked with His people:

Luk 4:13  And when the devil had ended all the temptation, he departed from him for a season. 

therefore, even Jesus had to experience the devil's attempts to get Him to entertain what the Father wouldn't have Jesus to entertain. the flesh is condemned in the condemned condition. you may not be able to prevent a thought to come to mind, but you surly don't have to entertain it. no different then, some one could say something to get you to consider a thing, but you don't have to entertain it.

I certainly do not want to entertain it, because I would be constantly depressed. So I am glad that time is past, and I am forgiven.