Romans 6:9-11

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Alethos

Mar 8, 2011
Melbourne Australia
[sup]16[/sup]When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick: [sup]17[/sup]That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses.

[sup]Is. 53:5[/sup]But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Jesus did NOT bear his own sins or sin nature. He bore ours!

It is not Christian doctrine to suggest that Jesus bore His own sins or had a sin nature of His own to overcome.

In stating "It is not Christian doctrine to suggest that Jesus bore His own sins or had a sin nature of His own to overcome".

You have refuted 2 Cor 5:21 Rom 8:3 Gal 4:4 Heb 2:14,15 and so on.

I am not interested in Christian doctrine...I am only interested in the Word of Truth...that which Gods word reveals as truth concerning Jesus nature.

What was it in himself that he conquered? Could it possibly be the same that he is asking you to do today? Gal 5:24?

I say this respectfully, but your admission in relation to Christian doctrine suggests you haven’t look into this as diligently as you ought.

What was in his own flesh which need to be broken down? Eph 2:14? What happened in the flesh of Jesus to bring about this change?

Was Jesus under sin dominion during his days in the flesh? Heb 5:7

How did Jesus overcome sin and death if he was not under its dominion? What exactly did he overcome? Nothing?

Interesting that you quote from Isaiah 53 whereby your draw our attention to OUR sins, but why not also speak of him being subject to death. Why was it important for Jesus to be made of a woman Gal 4:4

Have you considered only half the picture?

Thou you "may" try to seperate Jesus from those he came to represent the Scriptures weight of evidence is very much against your teaching.

He is expressly spoken of as having our nature , such as "this body of sin" (Rom. 6:6), being "made sin" (2Cor. 5:21), "made a curse" (Gal. 3:13). Figuratively, therefore, he "bare our sins in his body", he "bare our iniquities", and he "bare the sin of many" (Isa. 53:11).

All these expressions reveal to you that his nature was identical with that of those he came to serve. The natural urges he experienced in the flesh was ruthlessly suppressed and crucified Gal 5:24 in order that the divine attributes might be revealed in himself.

When you read that Christ "put away sin by the sacrifice of himself, and that in consequence of having put it away, when he comes a second time it will be "without sin unto salvation" (Heb. 9:26-28).

Consider Heb 7:24,25,26,27 & Isa 53:12

How was Jesus made? Heb 2:17

I know like his brethren...but you say differently?

Alethos

ps. Isa 53:7 compare Rom 8:36 "we" include Jesus the lamb of God....you know the rest.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA

My comments are directly in regard to YOUR doctrines. If they cannot stand up to scrutiny then they deserve to be exposed. What bothers me is that nobody else seems to be concerned that you are trying to make Jesus sinful.

I recognize it, and I don't like it any more than you. But I don't think there's that many here that's foolish enough to take him seriously. He just hasn't figured that out yet for himself. Best to just ignore him.