Romans 8:1 - Implications of this truth

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

banjo71

May 9, 2011
IL
I ran across this in another thread:

Another fact about salvation that people should be very fearful about is, people can lose the saving grace given to them by God.
Because God very seriously warned people in the Bible, that if people do not obey and act out his commands, then on judgement day, their salvation will be taken away from them, and their ending will be like the endings of evil wicked people, which is to be thrown into the eternal hellfire of torment.

I really believe people will not lose the saving grace given to them by God. They can lose temporary fellowship, but God's grace is God's grace - underserved merit. If, while we are obedient, our self righteousness is as filthy rags to God, yet he gives grace to us then, when we act out disobedience he does the same. It's not up to us to keep our salvation - that's God's job. So what does he do? He disciplines us so we might learn to walk close to him. He loves the born again Christian, and will do anything to keep him and to keep his promise of eternal life to him. I don't believe also, that Christians, no matter where they are at in their faith journey, will be judged for their sins: they have passed from judgment to Life eternal, Jesus said. Also, Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. It begs the question, we should be asking 'are we in Christ Jesus, or are we promoting a new gospel, which is not really a gospel at all? Are we interpreting the bible verses, especially in Hebrews, thru the filter of works righteousness or are we understanding God keeps his promise - not only to give eternal life, but to keep us and finish our faith?

Reactions: WhiteKnuckle

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Nice post OOGC, some forget that the gospel is good news.
smile.gif