ROMANS: JUSTIFICATION BY FAITH

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The scriptures testify of Jesus Christ...

How is it that you do not receive all of the testimony that they give concerning Him?

Joh_15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

And yet you still wont go to Him, like getting in a car with a GPS but never getting out of it when you get there. Like I said if you put the bible before Him it is an Idol and He is last not First.

There is a reason why God said men should not have idols, this is what It does, I point people to Christ all you do is argue over your understanding of the bible, In whom is your salvation, the bible or Jesus.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are saved in the now, you will become a doer of the law. But law-keeping justifies no one.

Faith produces both salvation and obedience to the law.

But obedience to the law does not produce salvation.
You're confusing saving yourself by obeying the law, which Christ did, with obeying the law in hopes of being saved.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The law is never the reason why a man is saved.

A man is saved solely because of faith in Jesus; which produces the obedience that you are talking about, and salvation.

But it does not produce salvation because of obedience, it produces obedience because of salvation.

To @Devin Wintch

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sp salvation is not by grace though faith but the law.?? Thats what you just said.
No I didn't you're not seeing the correct interpretation of these scriptures, I think I made my point though.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Joh_15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

And yet you still wont go to Him, like getting in a car with a GPS but never getting out of it when you get there. Like I said if you put the bible before Him it is an Idol and He is last not First.

There is a reason why God said men should not have idols, this is what It does, I point people to Christ all you do is argue over your understanding of the bible, In whom is your salvation, the bible or Jesus.
How do you point people to Christ apart from the Bible?

The scriptures testify of Christ.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The law is never the reason why a man is saved.

A man is saved solely because of faith in Jesus; which produces the obedience that you are talking about, and salvation.

But it does not produce salvation because of obedience, it produces obedience because of salvation.

@Devin Wintch
You're forgetting about Jesus who never sinned and therefore was not in need of salvation.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How do you point people to Christ apart from the Bible?

The scriptures testify of Christ.
If you need the bible to point people to Christ than you dont know Him, not one bit. You have totally missed the whole thing,

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you need the bible to point people to Christ than you dont know Him, not one bit. You have totally missed the whole thing,
The scriptures don't testify of Christ?

I don't need the Bible to be able to testify of Christ; but it is a useful tool in leading people to Christ.

Heb 4:12, For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Try to interpret all of Romans without distorting Romans 2:13 and then you'll see my point.
I believe that Paul goes down a line of reasoning from Romans 2:13 all the way down to Romans 3:28...by which he comes to the conclusion that he tells us in Romans 3:28.

You would do well to follow that line of reasoning; by which I think that you will see that no one is justified through keeping the law.