Rome, the Future Capital of the Future United States of Europe, and the Destruction of the Vatican

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
why not just put a cross there then? of all the pagan symbols they pick an obelisk, stick it in a circle and it just happens to look identical to any Egyptian cartouche symbolizing the union of osirus and isis.
your catholic, not me but a lot of my family is Catholic, i think your believers just the same as me. i think there are bad leaders in every church.

how about mouldy old dough instead of the real thing or two pieces of deadwood as a totem pole to sing and dance and chant around - twinc

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Even if Rome does not become the capital, you cannot deny that Europe is moving towards a United States of Europe, as prophesied. I understand that it is difficult for many of you to come to the realization that the irony of all this is that "all roads will lead back to Rome", as the old saying goes, even in relation to the oncoming USE.
Well, the EU has been a disaster.
The unfortunate part of all this is that what will happen will happen, NOT because the population wants it.

There are those above the poplulation who do as they will with no regard to the misery they cause.

Could these be the anti-Christs?
An anti-Christ is anyone who does not follow Jesus.
Do those that cause misery follow Jesus?

IOW, it doesn't have to be Rome.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
why not just put a cross there then? of all the pagan symbols they pick an obelisk, stick it in a circle and it just happens to look identical to any Egyptian cartouche symbolizing the union of osirus and isis.
your catholic, not me but a lot of my family is Catholic, i think your believers just the same as me. i think there are bad leaders in every church.
Because it's a stronger message to show the victory of the cross over paganism.

And for your information - the Catholic Church didn't build the obelisk. It was built in Egypt and moved there by the Emperor Caesar Augustus before Jesus was born. It was moved to Caligula's circus a few decades later where Peter and Paul are believed to have been martyred. Then, in the 16th century - it was moved to where it stands now.

The text of exorcism is carved in the base of it and a cross was placed on top to show the victory over paganism.
It's a beautiful reminder of the glory of God.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sell-The-Vatican.jpg

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I've seen the doctored up pictures made by paranoid anti-Catholic hate cults. There are lots of aerial photos that disprove that assertion.
The obelisk is a symbol of Christianity's victory over paganism.

John Henry Cardinal Newman (1801-1890), the great English convert to Catholicism, who is widely regarded as one of the most profound religious thinkers of his time, wrote in his Essay on the Development of Christian Doctrine (1845), the one indispensable work on this subject:

One thing at least is certain; whatever history teaches . . . at least the Christianity of history is not Protestantism. If ever there were a safe truth, it is this. And Protestantism . . . as a whole, feels it, and has felt it. This is shown in the determination . . . of dispensing with historical Christianity altogether, and of forming a Christianity from the Bible alone . . . To be deep in history is to cease to be a Protestant.​

That may explain the anti-Catholic's determination to demonize the obelisk.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have written a study on the final formation of the "United States of Europe" as the eighth head of the first beast of Revelation, with Rome as its capital, and what the fate of the Vatican is. The study can be found in English here Rome, the Future Capital of the Future United States of Europe, and the Destruction of the Vatican | Wisdom of God or in Spanish here Roma, la Futura Capital del Futuro Estados Unidos de Europa, y la Destrucción del Vaticano | Sabiduria de Dios .
So what. The Catholic Church can survive without the Vatican. She has before.

5aae532937bc894c9de426d79bd800b6--anti-religion-christian-church.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what. The Catholic Church can survive without the Vatican. She has before.

5aae532937bc894c9de426d79bd800b6--anti-religion-christian-church.jpg

Not this time, because shortly after the destruction of the Vatican is the second coming of Jesus Christ, where not only will he full destroy the Vatican by violently shaking it, but the entire world will also be left in rubble by the time all the plagues have been poured.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
I've seen the doctored up pictures made by paranoid anti-Catholic hate cults. There are lots of aerial photos that disprove that assertion.
The obelisk is a symbol of Christianity's victory over paganism.

John Henry Cardinal Newman (1801-1890), the great English convert to Catholicism, who is widely regarded as one of the most profound religious thinkers of his time, wrote in his Essay on the Development of Christian Doctrine (1845), the one indispensable work on this subject:

One thing at least is certain; whatever history teaches . . . at least the Christianity of history is not Protestantism. If ever there were a safe truth, it is this. And Protestantism . . . as a whole, feels it, and has felt it. This is shown in the determination . . . of dispensing with historical Christianity altogether, and of forming a Christianity from the Bible alone . . . To be deep in history is to cease to be a Protestant.​

That may explain the anti-Catholic's determination to demonize the obelisk.

just seems strange, if i went to my church and found a big statue of Satan or fallen angels out front with a little cross on top, it would bother me.
in the US we have an obelisk in our capital, pyramid and eye of horus on out money, it has nothing to do with Christian victory over dark belief systems.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
just seems strange, if i went to my church and found a big statue of Satan or fallen angels out front with a little cross on top, it would bother me.
in the US we have an obelisk in our capital, pyramid and eye of horus on out money, it has nothing to do with Christian victory over dark belief systems.
The following is from a book written by a non-Catholic Egyptologist. Notice there is no explanation as to why this particular obelisk is the only one in the world that has no (previous) inscriptions on it, and has never been broken.

The Obelisk in the Piazza di San Pietro

The obelisks of the Piazza San Pietro, Piazza dell’ Esuilino, and the Piazza del Quirinale are all uninscribed. Their dates, provenances, and the reasons they were left uninscribed are not known…Neither Flinders Petrie, nor any other excavator working in the ruins of Heliopolis, has ever found an obelisk, or even a small fragment of an obelisk, that was uninscribed. The sovereigns of ancient Egypt were ever eager to decorate monuments with their own names and with phrases proclaiming their own glory, no matter what the size of the monument. The only undecorated obelisks in Egypt were unfinished ones abandoned in their quarries, and in fact one of these decoration was already in progress. More probably, the uninscribed obelisks were quarried in Egypt by the Roman emperors expressly to be taken to Rome, although it is possible that they were left incomplete because of the untimely death of the pharaoh.

The Obelisk in the Piazza di San Pietro is important chiefly by its surroundings.. It is made of red granite and stands 25.37 meters high. It was erected in the Julian Forum in Alexandria by order of Augustus and remained their until 37 A.D. when the Emperor Caligula ordered the forum demolished and the obelisk transferred to Rome. It was then erected in the Vatican Circus, and there it remained until its removal to the square before the Basilica of St. Peter (1586). Legend has it that in the Vatican Circus innumerable Christians, including St. Peter and that the reason this obelisk was not later overturned as were all the others in Rome was that was looked upon as the witness to the martyrdom of St. Peter.

Pope Sixtus V appointed engineer Domenico Fontana to move the obelisk from the Vatican Circus

April 28, 1586, Fontana and his men attended Mass at 2:AM, and later offered public prayers for the success of this feat.

Dedication ceremonies, Mass, and a procession with the entire papal court went to the obelisk. More prayers were offered and the obelisk was purified, and surmounted with a cross.
Obelisks of the World, by Labib Habachi, Scribner’s Sons, 1974, page 74-75

(Former Chief Inspector of Antiquities Labib Habachi is an Egyptian archeologist who has published several books on Egyptology, as well as articles in many journals.)

I would like to add here, that on the top of this Christianized pagan symbol, is a cross. Inside this cross, is a relic of the true cross. Here we have a stone monument that stood in the presence of hundreds of the earliest Christian martyrs containing a relic of the true cross. To accuse us of paganism is an insult to the deaths of the martyrs who refused to pay homage to Roman gods.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not this time, because shortly after the destruction of the Vatican is the second coming of Jesus Christ, where not only will he full destroy the Vatican by violently shaking it, but the entire world will also be left in rubble by the time all the plagues have been poured.
As much as you would love to see all this destroyed, it ain't gonna happen.

THE-_LARGEST-_CHARITABLE-_INSTITUTION.jpg

Reactions: GodsGrace

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Anyway...
Who would buy it!!

It's like owning a mansion that's worth 50 million $
But nobody wants it. You don't really have the 50 mil.
I do think, however, that it has cash too.
Even though local parishes are poor.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This thread is nothing more than Anti-Catholicism rearing its ignorant head again . . .
Oh really?
Yea, really. Your story is phony. Your video of the Pope is severely edited, and the full context of what he said doesn't match your video. What you "studied" is how to make sensationalist videos to propagate anti-Catholic lies.

ADDRESS OF HIS HOLINESS POPE FRANCIS
TO THE HEADS OF STATE AND GOVERNMENT OF THE EUROPEAN UNION
IN ITALY FOR THE CELEBRATION OF THE 60th ANNIVERSARY OF THE TREATY OF ROME

"United States of Rome" is a joke.

Reactions: GodsGrace

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
The following is from a book written by a non-Catholic Egyptologist. Notice there is no explanation as to why this particular obelisk is the only one in the world that has no (previous) inscriptions on it, and has never been broken.

The Obelisk in the Piazza di San Pietro

The obelisks of the Piazza San Pietro, Piazza dell’ Esuilino, and the Piazza del Quirinale are all uninscribed. Their dates, provenances, and the reasons they were left uninscribed are not known…Neither Flinders Petrie, nor any other excavator working in the ruins of Heliopolis, has ever found an obelisk, or even a small fragment of an obelisk, that was uninscribed. The sovereigns of ancient Egypt were ever eager to decorate monuments with their own names and with phrases proclaiming their own glory, no matter what the size of the monument. The only undecorated obelisks in Egypt were unfinished ones abandoned in their quarries, and in fact one of these decoration was already in progress. More probably, the uninscribed obelisks were quarried in Egypt by the Roman emperors expressly to be taken to Rome, although it is possible that they were left incomplete because of the untimely death of the pharaoh.

The Obelisk in the Piazza di San Pietro is important chiefly by its surroundings.. It is made of red granite and stands 25.37 meters high. It was erected in the Julian Forum in Alexandria by order of Augustus and remained their until 37 A.D. when the Emperor Caligula ordered the forum demolished and the obelisk transferred to Rome. It was then erected in the Vatican Circus, and there it remained until its removal to the square before the Basilica of St. Peter (1586). Legend has it that in the Vatican Circus innumerable Christians, including St. Peter and that the reason this obelisk was not later overturned as were all the others in Rome was that was looked upon as the witness to the martyrdom of St. Peter.

Pope Sixtus V appointed engineer Domenico Fontana to move the obelisk from the Vatican Circus

April 28, 1586, Fontana and his men attended Mass at 2:AM, and later offered public prayers for the success of this feat.

Dedication ceremonies, Mass, and a procession with the entire papal court went to the obelisk. More prayers were offered and the obelisk was purified, and surmounted with a cross.
Obelisks of the World, by Labib Habachi, Scribner’s Sons, 1974, page 74-75

(Former Chief Inspector of Antiquities Labib Habachi is an Egyptian archeologist who has published several books on Egyptology, as well as articles in many journals.)

I would like to add here, that on the top of this Christianized pagan symbol, is a cross. Inside this cross, is a relic of the true cross. Here we have a stone monument that stood in the presence of hundreds of the earliest Christian martyrs containing a relic of the true cross. To accuse us of paganism is an insult to the deaths of the martyrs who refused to pay homage to Roman gods.

i never accused you of anything. i only made an observation.
its a common sense thing, St Paul calls Satan the god of this world, there are dark belief systems out there, the Jews had a temple where the Father was in a cloud and yet they fell at times to these gods of these dark belief systems, Solomon with all his wisdom even gave in to these gods. where are these dark belief systems today? they corrupted the church before but now in this day and age its not possible? i think thats a bit naive.
i think they have corrupted many churches and many church leaders and not just Catholics.

Reactions: Helen

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Being surprised to find sinners in the Church is like being surprised to fine sick people in a hospital. People get corrupted, but God keeps His promises to preserve His Church from error. There are numerous biblical indications for this. You either believe it or you don't.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Pope was asked by a reporter if he was politically to the left, or politically to the right. He said, "neither. I follow Catholic social teaching."

Key Themes of Catholic Social Teaching

Although the Church’s social doctrines touch upon almost every area of political, economic and family life, seven key themes are at the core of all its social teachings. As outlined by the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, those themes are:

Life and Dignity of the Human Person: Every human life is sacred and should be treated with great dignity.

Call to Family, Communion and Participation: We are called to communion with one another in the family and in society. The family in particular, as the first human community, must be supported and strengthened.

Rights and Responsibilities: Every person has a right to live, as well as the responsibility to fulfill our duties to our family, neighbors and society.

Option for the Poor and Vulnerable: Both individuals and society are called to treat the poorest and the most vulnerable with special attention and compassion.

The Dignity of Work and the Rights of Workers: Work is one of the ways in which men image God, the Creator, and is meant for the good of men; men are not for the good of work.

Solidarity: As one human family, we are obliged to pursue peace and justice for all.

Care for God’s Creation: We show our respect for God’s creation by exercising good stewardship.

THAT is the Pope's political leanings.

Last edited by a moderator: