Rome's 7 0F 10 Hills

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
who said anything about Rome as in the city? I was talking about the beast.

Beasts in the Bible as seen in the old Testament such as clearly seen Daniel are collections of people and not reference to one person.

Nope. Revelation 11, 13 and 16:10, and 17 must be accounted for, also Dan.7 & 8 about the "little horn" which is about a man king. The word 'beast' is also applied to the person of Rev.13:11 forward associated with speaking as a dragon. And we know per Rev.12:9 the dragon is simply another title for Satan himself. In Rev.17, that particular false one is also called a beast. There's a beast kingdom, and also a beast king per Revelation.

If the beast has horns then this can be represent a person. That or divisions.

Why are you trying to act like the Rev.13"11 forward Scripture about "another beast" doesn't even exist???

Rev 13:11-14
11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
(KJV)

That 2nd beast is about a certain man.

The Roman Empire was not a city. It was an Empire. Daniel prophesied the beasts (Empires) that will rule the Holy land (Israel) until the most important time on Earth - the coming of Jesus. Rome which is the last beast and we see this empire becomes divided but remains until the end. From out of this Empire comes a little horn - that is the Anti-Christ. The beast is not the Anti-Christ.

The Roman Empire was NOT... and is NOT... the Roman Church nor a pope. And Rome was not the last 'beast' empire per the Book of Daniel. There's actually a 5th beast kingdom to be setup in the days just prior to Christ's return (iron mixed with clay), and it is to INCLUDE all the previous beast kingdoms that had gone before.

In comes the Club of Rome being involved in that, not specifically the Roman Church. It's the Club of Rome that has been responsible for the main element of European globalism in modern Rome, and they are associated with industrial globalists and bankers in the rest of the nations and the U.N. The final world beast kingdom is about world globalism and one world government the globalists have planned. The source of the religious beast, i.e., the 2nd beast ("another beast" of Rev.13:11), is about a religious beast entity who is to work great signs and miracles on the earth, which is about a certain man, the "little horn" of Daniel, the false one of Dan.11. It's that 2nd beast, a person, which will be associated with the working of world religion, working miracles and such.

In these last days we see two major religious influences on the world. Judeo-Christianity and Islam.
The Holy City (Jerusalem) and also the Holy land (Israel) is split between the two.

No such thing as "Judeo-Christianity". Christianity did not spring from Judaism which refused Christ Jesus, and much of God's Word in favor of their own traditions from Babylon instead. Buddhism and Hinduism are major influences in Asia. So trying to single out two religions associated with Israel to fit the two horns idea of Rev.13:11 really doesn't work, especially since the signs of today show a joining of all the major world religions together instead.

The dragon's two horns have to represent something else, like the "little horn" of the 3rd kingdom (Dan.8) and 4th kingdom (Dan.7). Both are represented by the Rev.16:13 dragon and false prophet, with that Rev.16:13 beast put for the 1st beast (kingdom). Because the "dragon" is about a certain person, as the "little horn" prophecy is, I believe the dragon and false prophet are joined roles the final Antichrist will play. He will be both a king, and a religious prophet, which is a copy of Christ's Titles of King and High Priest. That kind of dual king-priest role joined into one person is exactly... what the New Age occultists are looking for with the one they seek to come; it's their idea of the Philosopher-King or Hierophant-King. This is why the 2nd beast is compared to a lamb (symbol for Christ Jesus).

Islam awaits an end time Islamic prophet who will be in the line of Muhammed (descended from Abraham via Ishmael) and also an end time Jesus. Between them they will bring peace on the Earth.
Buddhism also waits for an end time religious leader who will again bring about peace for all mankind.
The Jews wait for the building of the third temple which they also think will bring peace to all mankind.

If Islam truly recognized Jesus, it would be only as a prophet similar to Moses and nothing more. Apostle Paul mentioned only one individual coming to sit in the temple and exalt himself over all that is worshipped. In 2 Cor.11 he used the idea of "another Jesus". Per Isaiah 14, God calls Lucifer the morning star in mocking him, revealing Satan's original rebellion of seeking God's Throne. The devil himself is coming to play the role of a two-horned fake King-Prophet. That's specifically what the Rev.12:7-9 casting to earth of the dragon is about. God's Word does not apply that title of 'dragon' to anyone but Satan.

These are the last days forewarned of in the Bible. A time when the anti-Christ will come and deceive mankind appearing to bring about peace. The time when the Jews will be aloud to build the third temple.

But the question is, just 'who' will come to sit in that rebuilt temple in Jerusalem? It won't be Christ Jesus, but a fake in His place. For the fake to be a Roman pope, he would have to first be a crowned king over all nations, and that he ain't.

Tsigano

Mar 2, 2011
I'm sorry but I still believe the Bible has one overseeing author being that it was written through Godly men through the Spirit of God. I find the Bible keeps consistencies in the way it is written which in itself is something that make me realise it could be written by man alone.

I do believe that the animal references in Isaiah 11 may be reference to different types of people and may be symbolic prophecy for the Christian Church
"[sup]6[/sup] And the wolf will dwell with the lamb,
And the leopard will lie down with the young goat,
And the calf and the young lion [sup][a][/sup]and the fatling together;
And a little boy will lead them.
[sup]7[/sup] Also the cow and the bear will graze,
Their young will lie down together,
And the lion will eat straw like the ox.
[sup]8[/sup] The nursing child will play by the hole of the cobra,
And the weaned child will put his hand on the viper’s den.
[sup]9[/sup] They will not hurt or destroy in all My holy mountain,
For the earth will be full of the knowledge of the LORD
As the waters cover the sea."

But in Daniel the beasts were very clearly not reference to single people. I therefore see little reason for them to be that way in Revelations which is very much leading on from Daniel.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
I'm sorry but I still believe the Bible has one overseeing author being that it was written through Godly men through the Spirit of God. I find the Bible keeps consistencies in the way it is written which in itself is something that make me realise it could be written by man alone.

What does that statement have to do with what I covered in my above post?

The "another beast" of Rev.13:11 that appears with two horns like a lamb, and speaks as a dragon in connection with the "little horn" and "vile person" of the Book of Daniel is... allowing God's Word to interpret God's Word, instead of picking and choosing like with the Roman Church, which is to go totally outside the Scripture. You can't just point the Roman Church using the Roman Empire idea of history and expect that to align with Daniel, since the idea of the Roman Empire involved a time when Rome was utterly pagan!

The ONLY way... a later Rome for the end can be included is with the Daniel reference to a 5th beast kingdom which has ten toes of iron mixed with clay. That's to be the final beast kingdom on earth WHEN our Lord Jesus returns to smash it upon its feet, and the whole comes tumbling down, together. By whole is meant ALL... the previous beast kingdoms that went before being revived again in that final one, the Babylon beast, Medo-Persia, Macedonia (Greece), Roman, with one addition we don't yet know. The idea is... that the 5th and final one is going to engulf the WHOLE EARTH, and not just portions of it. And thus, today's globalist's plan for a "one world government" over ALL... nations, peoples, tongues, and multitudes, just like the Rev.13:1 beast points to.

I do believe that the animal references in Isaiah 11 may be reference to different types of people and may be symbolic prophecy for the Christian Church
"[sup]6[/sup] And the wolf will dwell with the lamb,
And the leopard will lie down with the young goat,
And the calf and the young lion [sup][a][/sup]and the fatling together;
And a little boy will lead them.
[sup]7[/sup] Also the cow and the bear will graze,
Their young will lie down together,
And the lion will eat straw like the ox.
[sup]8[/sup] The nursing child will play by the hole of the cobra,
And the weaned child will put his hand on the viper’s den.
[sup]9[/sup] They will not hurt or destroy in all My holy mountain,
For the earth will be full of the knowledge of the LORD
As the waters cover the sea."

But in Daniel the beasts were very clearly not reference to single people. I therefore see little reason for them to be that way in Revelations which is very much leading on from Daniel.

Your usage of the Isaiah 11 Scripture is totally off-base from the subject. That Isaiah 11 Scripture involves a description of animals to express conditions AFTER... Christ's return! It has absolutely nothing to do with endtime events prior to Christ's return.

Rev.17 is directly referring to a beast king with using the 'beast' symbol...

Rev 17:10-11
10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.
11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.
(KJV)

The 10th verse idea of seven kings as the subject continues within the next 11th verse with "and is of the seven". All one need is properly carry over the subject of those "seven kings" into the next verse which points back to it with "and is of the seven". It's simple grammar, not rocket science.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Rome is the last kingdom of the World, the fourth and fifth kingdoms of Daniels prophecy, and must be exposed.

REVELATION 17:5 the mystery of Babylon

Of all the different translations of Revelation 17:5 most agree that the object, Babylon, is a whore. The second portion of the scripture is mostly rendered as abominations although there are a few translations that do not use such a strong word to describe what sort of transactions Babylon specializes in. Attempts to identify the city are endless. Despite the frequency of attempts to identify this place nothing of substance seems to have revealed itself. Babylon is still a mystery.

The methodology most often used to identify Babylon is that of geography. Attention immediately settles upon the hills of Rome. The discussion begins and ends there; endlessly. If endless iteration were a key to understanding truth and lies, then Rome isn't it. You can batter a man into believing a lie if you repeat it often enough, but a repeated lie doesn't make a thing true. The obvious conclusion is to look elsewhere.

If geography hasn't provided a satisfactory answer to the mystery of Babylon then the only other clue provided in scripture is money. Investigative journalists have used the penny principle for years when investigating crime and debauchery at high levels of corporate and government machinations. Following the money is a legitimate path of investigation and very often the method by which great crimes are revealed.

Scripture declares that the great whore would have two great identifying characteristics; built on 7 hills & control of global currency. There are only two major world capitals that fit the first criteria and only one of them that matches both. Rome is not a major player in the global financial cartel in the year 2012. In fact, the Italian economy is in such bad shape their leaders are having to prostitute themselves before the masters of money just to pay the bills to keep their government afloat. The Greeks, as we all know, are faring even worse. I live near Tarpon Springs a major Greek community on the west central coast of Florida. Many Greek families are bringing relatives to Florida to provide for their survival. The whore isn't Rome or its predecessor in history. Follow the money.

I follow current events in the international press as well as the domestic American propaganda that passes as news. All government lie and publish misinformation as a matter of policy. In that regard, America is a player as well as every other nation. The curious thing is that truth has a way of slipping through the cracks at times. Little nuggets and gems of it can be found here and there in even the most censored news. One thing I've learned is that when seeking the truth one subject always pops up; follow the money.

For example, we've been told over and over again that the big problem with Iran is that they are pursuing the development of nuclear weapons. There is no real evidence of it. There never was any evidence of WMDs in Iraq either, but that didn't stop the western alliance from invading the country. There wasn't even an excuse given for the UK, French and US attacks upon Libya either but we went in anyway. The issue is not and never has been about big stick weaponry. Its really about money. When Gaddafi threatened to drop the dollar and the euro in favor of gold based transactions, he sent shockwaves all throughout the western banking system. After the 'liberation' of Libya it was discovered that ten billion dollars worth of gold had also disappeared. Mystery Babylon? Follow the money.

Iran's 'problem', if you will, is that it has announced the desire to trade oil for gold. Thirteen tons of the stuff was shipped from Turkey to Iran last week to pay for the trade. Obama was furious about it despite the fact that Ankara had previously asked and received permission from NATO powers to do so. The fact that Ankara used gold to pay instead of dollars or euros has shaken the western banking interests. Follow the money.

China has also expressed an interest in using some standard other than dollars, pounds or euros to conduct commerce. Meanwhile they are buying oil from Iran to fuel their booming manufacturing economy. Guess what they are using to pay for the crude? If you guessed gold you get a star. Follow the money.

Dr. Ben Bernanke is the chairman of the US Federal Reserve, which is neither an American nor governmental agency. Its private with many sensitive links to European oligarchs. American and European bankers have been collaborating in their mutual financial party for many years. They've enjoyed calling the tune while the rest of the planet has been forced to dance to it. The global economy is changing rapidly, however, and those who provide a much needed product (oil) as well as those who manufacture goods (China) are interested in using a method of exchange that is unrestricted by the American-European profiteers (whores?). Dr. Bernanke was recently quoted as saying that gold isn't really money. Why did he say a thing like that? He's not stupid you know. Is he trying to mask the truth behind American global financial hegemony?

Follow the money.

Rome is built on 7 hills, but it doesn't control world finance. The only other major city on the planet that meets the dual criteria of global financial domination and geographic foundations upon 7 hills is Washington.

Wave your striped flag and be proud for another season or two ye citizens of Babylon. Judgment is coming to test the metal of your character. Will you be found wanting or will you rise to the challenge and throw off the chains that enslave you and the rest of humanity? Chances are that there will be no popular uprising - we are far too proud of the new fascist police state we've constructed. The Almighty will have to do it for us.

but that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

revturmoil

Feb 26, 2011
New Hampshire's North Woods
REVELATION 17:5 the mystery of Babylon

Of all the different translations of Revelation 17:5 most agree that the object, Babylon, is a whore. The second portion of the scripture is mostly rendered as abominations although there are a few translations that do not use such a strong word to describe what sort of transactions Babylon specializes in. Attempts to identify the city are endless. Despite the frequency of attempts to identify this place nothing of substance seems to have revealed itself. Babylon is still a mystery.

The methodology most often used to identify Babylon is that of geography. Attention immediately settles upon the hills of Rome. The discussion begins and ends there; endlessly. If endless iteration were a key to understanding truth and lies, then Rome isn't it. You can batter a man into believing a lie if you repeat it often enough, but a repeated lie doesn't make a thing true. The obvious conclusion is to look elsewhere.

If geography hasn't provided a satisfactory answer to the mystery of Babylon then the only other clue provided in scripture is money. Investigative journalists have used the penny principle for years when investigating crime and debauchery at high levels of corporate and government machinations. Following the money is a legitimate path of investigation and very often the method by which great crimes are revealed.

Scripture declares that the great whore would have two great identifying characteristics; built on 7 hills & control of global currency. There are only two major world capitals that fit the first criteria and only one of them that matches both. Rome is not a major player in the global financial cartel in the year 2012. In fact, the Italian economy is in such bad shape their leaders are having to prostitute themselves before the masters of money just to pay the bills to keep their government afloat. The Greeks, as we all know, are faring even worse. I live near Tarpon Springs a major Greek community on the west central coast of Florida. Many Greek families are bringing relatives to Florida to provide for their survival. The whore isn't Rome or its predecessor in history. Follow the money.

I follow current events in the international press as well as the domestic American propaganda that passes as news. All government lie and publish misinformation as a matter of policy. In that regard, America is a player as well as every other nation. The curious thing is that truth has a way of slipping through the cracks at times. Little nuggets and gems of it can be found here and there in even the most censored news. One thing I've learned is that when seeking the truth one subject always pops up; follow the money.

For example, we've been told over and over again that the big problem with Iran is that they are pursuing the development of nuclear weapons. There is no real evidence of it. There never was any evidence of WMDs in Iraq either, but that didn't stop the western alliance from invading the country. There wasn't even an excuse given for the UK, French and US attacks upon Libya either but we went in anyway. The issue is not and never has been about big stick weaponry. Its really about money. When Gaddafi threatened to drop the dollar and the euro in favor of gold based transactions, he sent shockwaves all throughout the western banking system. After the 'liberation' of Libya it was discovered that ten billion dollars worth of gold had also disappeared. Mystery Babylon? Follow the money.

Iran's 'problem', if you will, is that it has announced the desire to trade oil for gold. Thirteen tons of the stuff was shipped from Turkey to Iran last week to pay for the trade. Obama was furious about it despite the fact that Ankara had previously asked and received permission from NATO powers to do so. The fact that Ankara used gold to pay instead of dollars or euros has shaken the western banking interests. Follow the money.

China has also expressed an interest in using some standard other than dollars, pounds or euros to conduct commerce. Meanwhile they are buying oil from Iran to fuel their booming manufacturing economy. Guess what they are using to pay for the crude? If you guessed gold you get a star. Follow the money.

Dr. Ben Bernanke is the chairman of the US Federal Reserve, which is neither an American nor governmental agency. Its private with many sensitive links to European oligarchs. American and European bankers have been collaborating in their mutual financial party for many years. They've enjoyed calling the tune while the rest of the planet has been forced to dance to it. The global economy is changing rapidly, however, and those who provide a much needed product (oil) as well as those who manufacture goods (China) are interested in using a method of exchange that is unrestricted by the American-European profiteers (whores?). Dr. Bernanke was recently quoted as saying that gold isn't really money. Why did he say a thing like that? He's not stupid you know. Is he trying to mask the truth behind American global financial hegemony?

Follow the money.

Rome is built on 7 hills, but it doesn't control world finance. The only other major city on the planet that meets the dual criteria of global financial domination and geographic foundations upon 7 hills is Washington.

Wave your striped flag and be proud for another season or two ye citizens of Babylon. Judgment is coming to test the metal of your character. Will you be found wanting or will you rise to the challenge and throw off the chains that enslave you and the rest of humanity? Chances are that there will be no popular uprising - we are far too proud of the new fascist police state we've constructed. The Almighty will have to do it for us.

but that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

Good post rjp and I'm in agreement with much of it. I will be back to respond. Don't let the 'follow the money' thing of financial domination be the force that determines the identiy of the beasts. There's much more in scripture that must be in agreement for that idea to be true.
Be back soon. Again.

Godd post!

Syria conducting large-scale military exercises, Lebanon may be attempting to divert water from Israel, Iranian nuclear facilities have produced enough weapons-grade plutonium for at least four to five nuclear weapons, and Russia sending attack helicopters into Syria. It seems to be the stuff a nightmare movie is made of. Yet this is the reality that faces Israel today.

Life in Israel is just like any other nation: People go to work, go home, spend time with their families, go shopping. You can find scenes like this in any other nation on the planet.

However, every other nation on the planet is not named Israel. No other nation on the planet is an outspokenly Jewish nation. Every other nation does not seem to have the entire world wanting them to be destroyed like Israel. Israel is not without allies, but even then it has to be careful. With anti-Semitism on the rise, things can get out of hand quickly.

Take the situation in Syria: Israel and Syria get along about the same as hot oil and water. The same goes for Israel and Lebanon, Jordan, the Palestinians, and now Egypt, since the Muslim Brotherhood won the recent election. With the current civil and political unrest in Syria, all it would take is someone saying that the violence is caused by Israeli saboteurs trying to overthrow President Bashar al-Assad and would do the same to the Syrian resistance army, and they would turn on them.

Lebanon may be about to wage a quiet, but active war against Israel by diverting the water from the Hatzbani River. This appears to stem from the construction of a large tourism center on the Lebanese side of the river near the Israeli town of Metulla. A senior office with the Israeli Defense Force (IDF) Northern Command said that construction of the center needed to be "closely tracked" due to the possibility it would be used to diver water from the Hatzbani, which supplies 25 percent of the Jordan River's waters.

"It has our attention and we are keeping a close eye on what is happening there," the officer said. "Our concerns rage from the diversion of water to the possibility that the tourism center will be used as cover to launch attacks against Israel." Indeed, about two weeks ago Lebanese military troops were standing about 20 meters from the border aiming their weapons, including a rocket-propelled grenade, at Israel's Paratroop Brigade, patrolling near the river, withdrawing only after an Israeli soldier who speaks Arabic heard the Lebanese commander "dividing up targets for his men," called for backup which quickly arrived on the scene.

HOSTILITY AGAINST ISRAEL FROM AFAR

Iran appear to be in active preparation for war against Israel. Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, seen by many as the real ruler of Iran, is telling his nation for the first time openly that it "must prepare for war" and "the end of times" while it continues to develop nuclear weapons.

Until now, the Iranian media mostly quoted clerics from seminaries on the issue of the last Islamic messiah, the Imam Mahdi, in order to avoid being seen as messianic. All of that changed Friday as Khamenei's statements received wide publication concerning the controversial figure and Iran's need to "prepare for the end of times as it confronts the West over its illicit nuclear program," a statement that has alarmed Western leaders.

"The issue of Imam Mahdi is of utmost importance, and his reappearance has been clearly stated in our holy religion of Islam," Khamenei said. "We must study and reming ourselves of the end of times and Imam Mahdi's era ... We must prepare the environment for the coming so that the great leader will come."

Shiite theology states that great wars must engulf the earth in which one-third of its population will die in the fighting and another third from "hunger, lawlessness and havoc." It also states that in order for Mahdi, also called the 12th imam, to appear, the nation of Israel must be destroyed. Only then can he kill all the infidels and spread Islam around the world.

On the Russian front, Moscow was accused of "dramatically" escalating the crisis in Syria by sending attack helicopters there last month by US Secretary of State Hillary Rodham-Clinton. Already owned by Syria, the refurbishment of the attack helicopters seems to indicate that Russia is in league with Syria concerning the killing of resistance fighters from the air.

Given that Russia has attacked Israel in the past, during the 1967 Six-Day War, and the increased persecution of Jews still in Russia, it may be that the conflict in Syria is being used as a cover-up to hide Russia's true intentions: a military assault on the nation of Israel. Indeed, increased hostility toward Jews worldwide, including in America, would indicate that military conflict is inevitable. If war does break out, only divine intervention from Israel's God would keep Israel from being wiped off the map.

ynetnews.com, jpost.com, and wnd.com contributed to this article.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Rome still is not mystery Babylon, for Christ already showed us how the "great city" is Jerusalem fallen into idol worship for the last days.

Rightly so, since the majority of Jews in the state of Israel still reject Him and His Salvation today.