s there a 3rd, multiple chances?is there such thing as long as someone is alive there is salvation?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
i know that the double minded is not good
but can't help it if i believe the word of God
there is 2 God the father and the son
there's also 3 God in 1 the trinity that is not written in the bible confused if i should believed the trinity theory because the theory was also written but not the trinity word

i believe that there is 2 God at the same time believed that God the father is in the son and God the son is in the father

the God the father is the highest the 1st
God the son is the 2nd
the holy spirit is the 3rd

this is the disadvantage of no religion you can't think 1 sidedly

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Go on Youtube and view a few video messages from John MacArthur to increase your faith.
what kind of faith qwq what religion? don't say christian because there are a lot of church of christians all over the world and is confusing because everyone says they are the true religion....

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
what kind of faith qwq what religion? don't say christian because there are a lot of church of christians all over the world and is confusing because everyone says they are the true religion....
Why don't you just view a couple of his messages and then ask your questions. You need to convince me that you really want answers to your questions rather than just wanting to vent your doubts and fears to anyone who will listen.

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Why don't you just view a couple of his messages and then ask your questions. You need to convince me that you really want answers to your questions rather than just wanting to vent your doubts and fears to anyone who will listen.
back in 2018 when i just quit due to personal unreasonable reason to a born again church in this country the philippines says do not listen to the preachers of the united states of america i wonder why they said that anyway i'll try

EDITED:
it's tooo long 20min to 1hr for every video clip
and i forgot the question
is there a 3rd, multiple chances?is there such thing as long as someone is alive there is salvation?

oh from the moment i made this although i forgot how i was like probably in desperation but there was a tiny light there it just that i keep burying it under my feet as to not see it because i wanted to be filled with darkness i wanted to rebel even for a moment i wanted to shout and just forget and turn a blind eye i just want to escape for a moment

that light says repentance is the way

Last edited by a moderator:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i am a wicked person according to the word as far as i can remember

we all are wicked according to the Law.
Romans 3:9–18 (LEB): The Entire World Guilty of Sin
9 What then? Do we have an advantage? Not at all. For we have already charged both Jews and Greeks are all under sin, 10 just as it is written,
“There is no one righteous, not even one;
11 there is no one who understands;
there is no one who seeks God.
12 All have turned aside together; they have become worthless;
There is no one who practices kindness;
there is not even one.
13 Their throat is an opened grave;
they deceive with their tongues;
the venom of asps is under their lips,
14 whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness.
15 Their feet are swift to shed blood;
16 destruction and distress are in their paths,
17 and they have not known the way of peace.
18 The fear of God is not before their eyes.”

i do not want to search the exact words for it and be depressed again because it was the truth it says that a wicked person's prayer will not be heard by God and it's sacrifices is in vain

1 Peter 3:7 (LEB): Husbands, in the same way live with your wives ⌊knowledgeably⌋, as with the weaker female vessel, showing them honor as fellow heirs also of the grace of life, so that your prayers will not be hindered.

That your prayers will not be hindered. If all are wicked and have gone out of the way and none have know the way of peace ...then what hope do any have that their prayers will be heard? Why would God hear any of us?

Reactions: ThePuffyBlob

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
started last night why is it that there's a spirit scaring me but shame on it i am not scared just anxious because i can't see it but the weird thing is why now of all times? i have been a servant of sin every single day...

i know what i've seen the fact that even a very strong wind can't push a tight window that even that window made a creak sound and there's no one around and what's with the black pointed fur thingy touching a window when i opened my eyes just now i was startled but not a trace of fear can be seen i just feel empty

I believe the infirmity in the flesh, that sinful nature, tends to make any believer a Jeckyl & Mr. Hyde personality. When confronted with that, the believer may think that he or she may not really want to stop sinning. One can resort to their own power in doing the best they can and yet still find that desire or that lust to sin as if their own flesh is betraying them and/or believe their spirit is not really into repenting.

The mistake is looking to oneself to repent. Some evangelicals place repenting from all sins as a stepping stone towards receiving Christ Jesus and most sinners walk away, because they can't do it when in reality, the call to repent is by repenting from unbelief by believing in Him in receiving the remission of sins and the gift of the Holy Ghost is how Jesus saves "unbelievers". Then having Jesus Christ in them is how they have power to live a life of repentance in following Jesus because it is by believing Him to be also our Good Shepherd is how we receive His help in laying aside every weight & sin so we can follow Him.

One woman I used to work with said she felt she had to clean up her life first before coming to Jesus. I told her otherwise. I did not think she believed what I had said and I think she had talked to someone else before announcing a short while later that I was right, and she seem quite joyful about it.

Anyway, the point is that Jesus came to save sinners from their sins; from their bondage to sin and to death. That also includes their desire to sin where they acknowledge that they don't want to repent from sin even though they know they should, but they don't care.

That is why calling on Jesus Christ to save them from themselves is key, acknowledging this as to why He came; to save sinners from their sins and their desire ( bondage ) to sin.

John 8:30 As he spake these words, many believed on him. 31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. 33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free? 34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. 35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever. 36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

1 Timothy 1:14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. 15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. 16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

1 John 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.... 8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

John 6:28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? 29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Romans 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; 9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. 12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. 13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

2 Timothy 4:18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

1 Peter 4:1Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin; 2 That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.

Jude 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, 25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is just my opinion... If one is still asking if God can forgive him, I believe that God is still willing, because if someone was so hard hearted that they couldn't be forgiven, they would not care to ask that question.

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
That your prayers will not be hindered. If all are wicked and have gone out of the way and none have know the way of peace ...then what hope do any have that their prayers will b
you do have a point hmmm...
1611 kjv
8 The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the LORD: but the prayer of the upright is his delight.

9 The way of the wicked is an abomination unto the LORD: but he loveth him that followeth after righteousness.

this is the wicked they are the people who do not love God

15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

if you love christ keep his commandments
if you love the father of christ you will keep his commandments

this was the righteous
17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

31 Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.

so my prayers is not heard because i am a sinner....

23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

is the bible corrupted???
so paul is right? james is also right?? but they opposed each other james contradicts faith alone

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
One woman I used to work with said she felt she had to clean up her life first before coming to Jesus
uh.. i said the same everytime hahaha
this is how i do not trust God because i do not know how like when a masseur-ancient doctor said relax i did relax but he keeps telling me to relax and let go he said i am still using force it's because i do not know how to pass my burden i do not know to trust when i can't hear his words with vibrations

how to let go? by praying? even without emotions? because i don't have one right now praying to God the father in the name of the christ his only begotten son? and then just let go? should i forget? or remember?

remember without worrying? because it was already in the hands of the Lord? i think i get it... but am i right? i am just a child in this knowledge so forgive me if i am playing coy but i am not

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
uh.. i said the same everytime hahaha
this is how i do not trust God because i do not know how like when a masseur-ancient doctor said relax i did relax but he keeps telling me to relax and let go he said i am still using force it's because i do not know how to pass my burden i do not know to trust when i can't hear his words with vibrations

how to let go? by praying? even without emotions? because i don't have one right now praying to God the father in the name of the christ his only begotten son? and then just let go? should i forget? or remember?

remember without worrying? because it was already in the hands of the Lord? i think i get it... but am i right? i am just a child in this knowledge so forgive me if i am playing coy but i am not

Then be like this father praying for his child to be delivered from the demons, only pray for your self to be delivered from your desire to sin and to death..

Mark 9:23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth. 24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief. 25 When Jesus saw that the people came running together, he rebuked the foul spirit, saying unto him, Thou dumb and deaf spirit, I charge thee, come out of him, and enter no more into him.

Reactions: ThePuffyBlob

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Funny bird all of us, without exception, were sinners no different to yourself, and many of us likely worse. And God heard our prayers. And he hears yours. He is not ignoring you. And if you can't believe He forgives, then ask Him for more faith so you will believe. He delights to forgive. He wants to forgive. He died that you could be forgiven. He wants you with Him in eternity. You are special to Him and He cares for you. But there is an enemy who would try to convince you that you are too evil... Too far gone over the edge... Too lost... But that enemy is a liar. Not only is he lying about you, but he's lying about God. God is not a tyrant seeking to punish sinners... He is gracious, merciful, long suffering and full of goodness and truth. And He loves you. Always. And you can trust Him. Always.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
back in 2018 when i just quit due to personal unreasonable reason to a born again church in this country the philippines says do not listen to the preachers of the united states of america i wonder why they said that anyway i'll try

EDITED:
it's tooo long 20min to 1hr for every video clip
and i forgot the question

oh from the moment i made this although i forgot how i was like probably in desperation but there was a tiny light there it just that i keep burying it under my feet as to not see it because i wanted to be filled with darkness i wanted to rebel even for a moment i wanted to shout and just forget and turn a blind eye i just want to escape for a moment

that light says repentance is the way
Not all preachers from the United States are false teachers. The ones to avoid are the ones who preach that if you give money to their ministry you will become wealthy; or that divine healing is guaranteed and if someone doesn't get healed it is due to lack of faith, or if they teaching that we are 'gods' and can command what we want from Him instead of asking Him to give us what we need according to His will. Also, keep well clear of those preachers who teach the power of positive thinking.

But there are good teachers who preach the gospel, that Jesus died on the cross to take away the penalty for our sins, and that He rose again to give us eternal life, and we need to turn away from a sinful lifestyle and allow the Holy Spirit to transform us into the persons that God wants us to be.

John MacArthur and Dave Hunt are faithful Bible teachers who will teach you the truth from God's Word. They will help you to understand the Bible the right way. If you have access to Youtube on your computer, you will find their messages. Good Bible commentaries are helpful in gaining a good understanding of the Bible, especially those by Gordon Fee.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this was the righteous
17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

31 Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.

so my prayers is not heard because i am a sinner....

23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

realize there are multiple views on “faith without works, is dead, being alone” and not saying mine is right but only what it means to me. Guess every person has to decide what it means to them. Will go ahead and say I don’t see any contradiction between Paul and Jame but harmony. John 12:24–26 (LEB): Truly, truly I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and* dies, it remains by itself alone. But if it dies, it bears much fruit. 25 The one who loves his life loses it, and the one who hates his life in this world preserves it for eternal life. 26 If anyone serves me, he must follow me, and where I am, there my servant will be also. Compare toJohn 14:3–4 (LEB): And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to myself, so that where I am, you may be also. 4 And you know the way where I am going.”

As Paul said “crucified with Christ” and made dead to the world and the world to him through Christ. Speaking of one must be born from above of an incorruptible seed having passed from death unto life. Having passed from “dead works” of the corruptible flesh unto the incorruptible of Life being fruits of the Spirit of God ...the incorruptible seed not alone not “remains by itself” because where the Spirit of God is there is Life.

is the bible corrupted???
so paul is right? james is also right?? but they opposed each other james contradicts faith alone

Again, don’t see they contradict each other only when trying to make dead works the same os the Living fruits of the Spirit which are for the healing of the nations. Again, just an opinion but in your saying God does not hear your prayers is forgetting that is not speaking of that which is born of God from above. Have you been born again of God...then the Old man is dead and the New man is alive unto God it being His will that you bear much fruit and therefore God is glorified. Don’t know if this helps but there is an on going debate over “he who endures to the end will be saved”. Yet God has already told us what does not endure to the end and what perishes being the outward. Paul even speaks of this “dissolving” of a house ...yet the confidence of 2 Corinthians 5:1–5 (LEB): 5 For we know that if our earthly house, the tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made by hands, eternal in the heavens. 2 For indeed, in this house we groan, because we* desire to put on our dwelling from heaven, 3 if indeed, even after we* have taken it off, we will not be found naked. 4 For indeed we who are in this tent groan, being burdened ⌊for this reason, that⌋ we do not want to be unclothed, but to be clothed, in order that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life. 5 Now the one who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who has given us the down payment, the Spirit.

have you been born again from above, born of His Spirit where Christ said no man can see the kingdom of God without this New birth? do you groan in this tent which is destroyed, being burdened, for this reason, we do not WANT to be unclothed, but clothed by God? James speaks of not abiding alone...hasn’t Christ said the same as James and Paul ...that a body without the Spirit of God is dead, without the fruits of the Spirit?

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Then be like this father praying for his child to be delivered from the demons, only pray for your self to be delivered from your desire to sin and to death..

Mark 9:23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth. 24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief. 25 When Jesus saw that the people came running together, he rebuked the foul spirit, saying unto him, Thou dumb and deaf spirit, I charge thee, come out of him, and enter no more into him.

@Funny bird all of us, without exception, were sinners no different to yourself, and many of us likely worse. And God heard our prayers. And he hears yours. He is not ignoring you. And if you can't believe He forgives, then ask Him for more faith so you will believe. He delights to forgive. He wants to forgive. He died that you could be forgiven. He wants you with Him in eternity. You are special to Him and He cares for you. But there is an enemy who would try to convince you that you are too evil... Too far gone over the edge... Too lost... But that enemy is a liar. Not only is he lying about you, but he's lying about God. God is not a tyrant seeking to punish sinners... He is gracious, merciful, long suffering and full of goodness and truth. And He loves you. Always. And you can trust Him. Always.
thank you

Reactions: Enow

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Not all preachers from the United States are false teachers. The ones to avoid are the ones who preach that if you give money to their ministry you will become wealthy; or that divine healing is guaranteed and if someone doesn't get healed it is due to lack of faith, or if they teaching that we are 'gods' and can command what we want from Him instead of asking Him to give us what we need according to His will. Also, keep well clear of those preachers who teach the power of positive thinking.
i see
John MacArthur and Dave Hunt are faithful Bible teachers who will teach you the truth from God's Word. They will help you to understand the Bible the right way. If you have access to Youtube on your computer, you will find their messages. Good Bible commentaries are helpful in gaining a good understanding of the Bible, especially those by Gordon Fee.
okay i'll try to listen when i feel i like to

Reactions: Paul Christensen

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
i'm tired of thinking i still have a lot of things to say that i want to say but no one can take it because they're only humans no wonder people says christ is their friends their lovers their father their family their savior their God

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i'm tired of thinking i still have a lot of things to say that i want to say but no one can take it because they're only humans no wonder people says christ is their friends their lovers their father their family their savior their God
"Are you tired, worn out on religion ?
Come to Me, and I will give you rest for your soul -
gentle, nourishment, healing, peace, and joy in place of sorrow."

i.e. turn to Jesus - He never casts out anyone who comes to Him.