Sabatarianism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
No, you have seen nothing of True Righteousness through Jesus Christ yet. Here you presented the proof that for you, the Law and the works of the Law is the Principle Rule of your salvation. Meanwhile you do more harm to the 'Sabbath-truth' than all the Sunday lies and liars together.
Your statement shows that you are totally ignorant of my view. I said nothing about the Law being the Principle Rule of my salvation. The Spirit rules me, but the Spirit is what leads me to obey the Law just as Ezekiel prophesied it would;

Eze 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
Eze 36:27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
How is it that you speak of the 'Sabbath-truth', yet you speak against the Law?

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Your statement shows that you are totally ignorant of my view. I said nothing about the Law being the Principle Rule of my salvation. The Spirit rules me, but the Spirit is what leads me to obey the Law just as Ezekiel prophesied it would;

Eze 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
Eze 36:27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Just listen how you blow your own horn here while Jesus Christ declared the Holy Spirit testifies of Him, not of Himself, nor of the SINNER, whom He convinces of SIN AND JUDGEMENT!

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

How is it you maintain the Sabbath Law yet maintain 7 something sabbaths still rival it?

But I'll give you what you asked me for, here it is...

What was abolished and nailed to the cross?
HE, WHO ABOLISHED THE "NAIL - STING OF DEATH", TO THE CROSS BY THE POWER OF THE LAW!

Last edited:

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Just listen how you blow your own horn here while Jesus Christ declared the Holy Spirit testifies of Him, not of Himself, nor of the SINNER, whom He convinces of SIN AND JUDGEMENT!
You can't refute the Scriptures I use, so you have no recourse except to attack me personally. Sad indeed! I did not say or imply the Spirit testifies of me. I said it leads me just as Paul admonished us in Romans 8:14 and Galatians 5:18.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
How is it you maintain the Sabbath Law yet maintain 7 something sabbaths still rival it?
Are you referring to the unfulfilled annual sabbaths? They do not rival the 7th day Sabbath since they are separate things. Did YHWH put them in place and command their observance to rival the Sabbath? Where do you get this junk from??

But I'll give you what you asked me for, here it is...

What was abolished and nailed to the cross?
HE, WHO ABOLISHED THE "NAIL - STING OF DEATH", TO THE CROSS BY THE POWER OF THE LAW!
The certificate of debt to sin was nailed to the cross. Yeshua's death paid the debt thereby abolishing it. He did NOT abolish the Law which points out sin.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You can't refute the Scriptures I use, so you have no recourse except to attack me personally. Sad indeed! I did not say or imply the Spirit testifies of me. I said it leads me just as Paul admonished us in Romans 8:14 and Galatians 5:18.

If it is Paul who admonishes us, how do you say it the Spirit who leads you?

What puzzles me even more, is that if one listens to you, a Law man to the letter of seven sabbaths degree, and others, the anti Law men, who would not have the Sabbath of the LORD except in hell, claiming, using, applying, quoting, referencing, swearing by, the identical exact same words and arguments, logic, strategy and methodology, with the identical and exact same Scriptures confiscating the one and only HOLY SPIRIT of God for themselves and each their own <view>! ...it's just plain unbelievable.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The certificate of debt to sin was nailed to the cross. Yeshua's death paid the debt thereby abolishing it. He did NOT abolish the Law which points out sin.
This is correct. It was the legal charges against every sinner -- the sin debt -- which was nailed to the cross when Christ was made SIN for us.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
If it is Paul who admonishes us, how do you say it the Spirit who leads you?
The Spirit led Paul to admonish us.

What puzzles me even more, is that if one listens to you, a Law man to the letter of seven sabbaths degree, and others, the anti Law men, who would not have the Sabbath of the LORD except in hell, claiming, using, applying, quoting, referencing, swearing by, the identical exact same words and arguments, logic, strategy and methodology, with the identical and exact same Scriptures confiscating the one and only HOLY SPIRIT of God for themselves and each their own <view>! ...it's just plain unbelievable.
I do not understand what you are saying. How does my keeping annual sabbaths affect those who keep no Sabbath? Are you saying they use the excuse that the Holy Spirit leads them to not keep it? If so, then they go against the Spirit of prophecy in Ezekiel 36.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No Son of Man may die for another's sins; the soul that sins dies
Matthew 20:28 (KJV) Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

Listen who blames all but HIMSELF for being against God's Law! The one who commands 7 <unfulfilled sabbaths> of the Law with no guarantee they ever are going to get fulfilled because he denies the Only One Who could fulfil them the Power of their fulfilment, and still insists he believes God's Law. Man, it's a crazy and useless system you have for 'law'.

You see before your eyes the Law of God nailed to the cross and killed and taken out of the way and abolished from the land of the living The LAW the KING the WORD come in the flesh GOD with us.
Still, like them Jews who murdered Him, If you are the Law of God, call on your Maker to save you and come down from that cross, so we can crucify and kill you another 7 times, 1 for every 7 sabbaths YOU HAVE NOT FULFILLED, in other words, have spoken against the Law and transgressed and sinned against it.

No. I changed my mind right this moment. Anti-sabbatarians are not halve as bad antinomians as sabbatarians, especially super-sabbatharians.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
RR129K20 - The Song of Moses
Rushdoony.
sociological jurisprudence is the same as our statutory law, and it is the theory behind it. It means that there is only positive law, that is, enacted law. There is no law of itself. In other words, there is no law that says murder is wrong, no moral law. There is only man made law. The only reason that murder is wrong is because the state has passed a law against it. The only reason why theft is wrong is because the state has passed a law against it.
This sociological jurisprudence is the only kind of jurisprudence we have today, and in effect what you have to say is, that every law school today is teaching atheism. And it is unfortunate that we haven’t awakened to it.

GE:

So that what you have today, is that every church denomination today is teaching atheism.

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rushdoony.
sociological jurisprudence is the same as our statutory law, and it is the theory behind it. It means that there is only positive law, that is, enacted law. There is no law of itself. In other words, there is no law that says murder is wrong, no moral law. There is only man made law. The only reason that murder is wrong is because the state has passed a law against it. The only reason why theft is wrong is because the state has passed a law against it.
This sociological jurisprudence is the only kind of jurisprudence we have today, and in effect what you have to say is, that every law school today is teaching atheism. And it is unfortunate that we haven’t awakened to it.

GE:

So that what you have today, is that every church denomination today is teaching atheism.
No, not true.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Matthew 20:28 (KJV) Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.
Yes p, i am aware of and acknowledge that Christ died for my sin ok. Ezekiel 18:20 is still also true. I know letting go of Jesus is very hard, and fwiw i wish there was someone more acceptable than me here telling you this. You certainly don't have to do it my way, but find Nehushtan and break him up imo. Or dig a ditch for others, as near as i can tell those are your choices.

Haruki Murakami — 'Everyone, deep in their hearts, is waiting for the end of the world to come.'

Last edited:

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Listen who blames all but HIMSELF for being against God's Law! The one who commands 7 <unfulfilled sabbaths> of the Law with no guarantee they ever are going to get fulfilled because he denies the Only One Who could fulfil them the Power of their fulfilment, and still insists he believes God's Law. Man, it's a crazy and useless system you have for 'law'.
I do not command the annual sabbaths. YHWH did. Yeshua fulfilled the sacrifices on those days just as he fulfilled the sacrifices on the weekly Sabbath. That does not mean he fulfilled the days themselves to their abolishment, just as it doesn't mean he fulfilled the 7th day Sabbath to its abolishment. YHWH's plan of salvation, which is what the annual sabbaths point to, continues to be fulfilled.

You see before your eyes the Law of God nailed to the cross and killed and taken out of the way and abolished from the land of the living The LAW the KING the WORD come in the flesh GOD with us.
Still, like them Jews who murdered Him, If you are the Law of God, call on your Maker to save you and come down from that cross, so we can crucify and kill you another 7 times, 1 for every 7 sabbaths YOU HAVE NOT FULFILLED, in other words, have spoken against the Law and transgressed and sinned against it.
The Law of God was not nailed to the cross. That is your anti-nomian interpretation.

No. I changed my mind right this moment. Anti-sabbatarians are not halve as bad antinomians as sabbatarians, especially super-sabbatharians.
A true sabbatarian keeps all sabbaths.

Last edited:

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Rushdoony.

GE:

You need to include yourself in that last statement since you believe the Law of God was nailed to the cross.

BTW, I agree with Rushdoony's words, including his belief that the Feast of Tabernacles will see its final fulfillment in the Promised Land which he calls "New Zion". I especially agree with the following as well;

Now because we are not perfectly sanctified, the old man is still active in us. And yet, the basic aspect of our life today is the new man, Jesus Christ. And therefore as we read the law of God, the new man within us responds in terms of the law of God. We are no longer enemies to God, we are no longer alien to His word, we hear it with a response. So that the feast of Pentecost in the New Testament commemorated the giving of the law as well as of the Spirit.​

But the law of God remains in terms of the original Pentecost judgement, lightning, thunder, death, to all who do not submit to it.
By "the Law of God", Rushdoony means the Ten Commandments. He believes they are now written internally. Yet, Jeremiah 31:33 tells us "Torah" will be written internally without limiting it to the Ten Commandments. There are many other laws/instructions in Torah which you trample on as an anti-nomian.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes p, i am aware of and acknowledge that Christ died for my sin ok. Ezekiel 18:20 is still also true. I know letting go of Jesus is very hard, and fwiw i wish there was someone more acceptable than me here telling you this. You certainly don't have to do it my way, but find Nehushtan and break him up imo. Or dig a ditch for others, as near as i can tell those are your choices.

Haruki Murakami — 'Everyone, deep in their hearts, is waiting for the end of the world to come.'
I've dug many a ditches in my life, some were even made of dirt.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GE:

Without having read the rest of this thread I can certainly see a measure of truth in this statement. Fortunately God is looking at hearts and some hearts are inclined toward Him even among the "atheists".