Sabatarianism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
or wait, that sounds too viscious.
Hmm, why do you say?
If Jesus of Nazareth was nailed to the cross the Law of God was; if not you are going to hell; and me too.
Hmm how is "law" being defined there? Differently, i bet? Freed from the literal law of sin and death, or the spiritual one?
if not you are going to hell; and me too.
See only turns out that that is as impossible to Quote as ones going up to heaven i guess right. They both end up being like Santa Claus sorta, things we believe that we cannot verify in Scripture, except maybe by squinting or something? Via scribes i guess maybe?

Last edited:

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
If Jesus of Nazareth was nailed to the cross the Law of God was; if not you are going to hell; and me too.
Yeshua took our sins upon himself and was then nailed to the tree. Our sins were nailed to the tree as he bore them.

Yeshua is not the Law of God. He kept the Law of God. The Law of God was written on his heart and mind.

Revelation 12:17 makes a clear distinction between the Law of God and the testimony of Yeshua Messiah. Believers are to have both because they are not the same.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
A true sabbatarian keeps all sabbaths.

Never mind true sabbatarian(s), there are none except God in Christ; mind the Sabbath, which the Only True "God THUS concerning spake .. according to the Scriptures .. the day The Seventh Day God from all his works RESTED .. by the Son .. in these last days".

It is "the Sabbath of the LORD", "the Lord's Day", "the Sabbath the Lord - Jesus - is Lord of", "the Seventh Day the LORD RESTING REVIVED AND REVIVING RESTED on", "the third day .. BONE-ESSENTIAL DAY" of the Passover of Yahweh "when in the fullness of being Sabbath daylight it mid-afternoon began to dawn towards the First Day of the week .. and the angel of the Lord cast away the stone from the grave".

...the only Sabbath : "OF THE LORD" ever!

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Never mind true sabbatarian(s), there are none except God in Christ; mind the Sabbath, which the Only True "God THUS concerning spake .. according to the Scriptures .. the day The Seventh Day God from all his works RESTED .. by the Son .. in these last days".

It is "the Sabbath of the LORD", "the Lord's Day", "the Sabbath the Lord - Jesus - is Lord of", "the Seventh Day the LORD RESTING REVIVED AND REVIVING RESTED on", "the third day .. BONE-ESSENTIAL DAY" of the Passover of Yahweh "when in the fullness of being Sabbath daylight it mid-afternoon began to dawn towards the First Day of the week .. and the angel of the Lord cast away the stone from the grave".

...the only Sabbath : "OF THE LORD" ever!
You might as well have answered in Swahili since I can't understand what you wrote.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The Spirit is at work only where the Written Word of God is being taught, is being preached, counseled, shared, disseminated; the Spirit works through the Written Word. Steve Alfred Lawson

In Calvin's day it used to be the anti-nomians and libertines; today it is Club Old Armstrongists SDA alumni supra-legalist multi-sabbatharians.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The Spirit is at work only where the Written Word of God is being taught, is being preached, counseled, shared, disseminated; the Spirit works through the Written Word. Steve Alfred Lawson

In Calvin's day it used to be the anti-nomians and libertines; today it is Club Old Armstrongists SDA alumni supra-legalist multi-sabbatharians.
What club are you in?

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I's really too simple for most to grasp. The Ten Commandments were the Old Covenant. Jeremiah said the New Covenant would replace them. And the New Covenant does not demand Sabbath keeping.

Jeremiah says that the new covenant will be with Israel and Judah, and the expressed purpose is to keep God's commandments.

Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

At no time does Jeremiah introduce any suggestion that he is referring to a completely new or different set of commandments. The only difference is where they're engraved and why.

Note also that this covenant is made with God's chosen people, and the law he has made for them is the same law for everyone else who wants to be a part of that covenant. This is pointed out in Exodus 12:49

Of course, if one doesn't want to rest on the Sabbath, they're free to work their tails off for the rest of their lives. They can even try to keep the other nine commandments, but they're just going to fail because that's the whole point of the old covenant; to try is to fail. The new covenant doesn't work that way. It's based upon the faith of Christ implanted in the new creation which compels obedience that is not only achievable, but light and easy.

As Chesterton said, "Those who reject this dogma do so not because the dogma is bad, but because it is too good to be true."

Reactions: brakelite