Sabbath

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tkinnie

May 15, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What was the point of the Sabbath? It was so Isreal could a have a day of worship. A day to remember God and his great works and his promises and to give him praise. A day to do good.

But shouldn’t Christians show they believe these things every day of their lives? Should we not remember God every day and read his word every day and praise him every day?

Is Jesus sacrifice only worth remembering one day a week?

If you want to live like the Isrealites, then you can do that. But christians should really be living as Christ lived. Every day was a sabbath for Jesus because everyday he spent time remembering God, teaching from Gods word, praising God and doing good.

I have to agree with you. Everyday in christ is a sabbath. I guess satan is trying to sift me like wheat... Everytime I feel peace about living as christ did, then someone comes and preaches the sabbath. I was ministered today by a friend, it was a random encounter. He brought up the sabbath and said to all the people that preach the sabbath, then they might as well build altars and start sacrficing lambs too. The word says all have fallen short, we all sinned... So we cant keep a perfect law if we are already imperfect... The so called sabbath keepers use that as an arguement towards division... Poeple who keep the sabbath are going to get angry, they will lie, or cheat, they will commit some sin, therefore breaking the sabbath... If u break one you break em all, so in that, nobody is perfect, and if u are sinning, then u arent keeping the sabbath anyways.. And thats where GRACE comes into place... Thank god for Jesus christ.

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia
I have to agree with you. Everyday in christ is a sabbath. I guess satan is trying to sift me like wheat... Everytime I feel peace about living as christ did, then someone comes and preaches the sabbath. I was ministered today by a friend, it was a random encounter. He brought up the sabbath and said to all the people that preach the sabbath, then they might as well build altars and start sacrficing lambs too. The word says all have fallen short, we all sinned... So we cant keep a perfect law if we are already imperfect... The so called sabbath keepers use that as an arguement towards division... Poeple who keep the sabbath are going to get angry, they will lie, or cheat, they will commit some sin, therefore breaking the sabbath... If u break one you break em all, so in that, nobody is perfect, and if u are sinning, then u arent keeping the sabbath anyways.. And thats where GRACE comes into place... Thank god for Jesus christ.

Yes, you are absolutely on the right track.

Just remember Pauls words:
“Let no man judge you in eating and drinking or in respect of a festival or of an observance of the new moon or of a sabbath; for those things are a shadow of the things to come.” Col. 2:16, 17

Jesus is greater then the Sabbath. :)