Saint Patrick, pray for us!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm confused. Are you actually saying that debates and discussions and criticisms do not belong here? This is a discussion forum where people are free to express their opinions which sometimes differ. Where are these "other places"?
This particular thread was started on PrayerForum, a subforum of CB. Both the writer of the OP and most of the respondents, it seems to me have misused it. It is a place to request prayer... not a place to discuss. I am not a moderator so I alerted them. There are many other subforums on CB appropriate to discussion or debate.

Reactions: Lambano

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This particular thread was started on PrayerForum, a subforum of CB. Both the writer of the OP and most of the respondents, it seems to me have misused it. It is a place to request prayer... not a place to discuss. I am not a moderator so I alerted them. There are many other subforums on CB appropriate to discussion or debate.
We are only looking out for theefath’s benefit and the dire danger he is in by following The RCC, not to chastise him or judge but to pray for him, because we care, I am not debating or discussing but praying for TheeFaith in the prayer forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pearl

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no need of deceased middlemen to intercede for me when I have my High Priest and Messiah, Jesus.

you are saying you have no use for Christ?

Christ and his church are one!

Jesus Christ extends his mission, power, and authority to His church of His apostles!

Even His judging!
Matt 19:28
His teaching authority!
Matt 28:19 and Jn 20:21
His power to forgive sins!
Jn 20:23
His being the light of the world!
Matt 5:14
His ministry of reconciliation!
2 cor 5:18
His authority in governing the church and administering the kingdom!
Matt 16:18-19 & 18:18 Jn 21:17
Lk 22:29
Apart from me you can do nothing. Jn 15:5
So the church is subject to Christ!
Eph 5:24

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Matt 18:17 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

Fundamentalism drives a wedge between Christ and his church, separates Christ from His kingdom, and the authority of Christ from the new covenant!

1 Corinthians 16:22
If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema

Extends to the truth and the church

Cos Christ is the truth and His church teaches the truth without error! Jn 14:6 matt 28:19 matt 18:17 1 Tim 3:15 Jn 29:21-23 Jn 16:13

Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32

Authority of the Apostles!

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

John 17:18
As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

The apostles are Christ’s successors!
They have authority to send others as well, apostle means one who is sent!

Therefore the apostles have authority to send more apostles or successors!
Apostolic succession!

The nations still need to be taught, disciples still need to be baptized and the church the new covenant kingdom of christ still needs to be governed!

Hebrews 3:1
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Christ is an apostle, and has authority to send other apostles, the apostles also have this authority, so the apostles continue down thru the centuries as Christ promised! Matt 28:19-20

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Isa 22:21-22

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

The apostles teaching is Christ’s teaching, Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4

Christian rule of faith is not the Bible alone! But the doctrine of the apostles! Acts 2:42

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

the saint are not dead!

John 11:25
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are only looking out for theefath’s benefit and the dire danger he is in by following The RCC, not to chastise him or judge but to pray for him, because we care, I am not debating or discussing but stating.
I am simply saying, Leave it to the moderators! I have no authority here, but I use the prayer forum regularly... hopefully as intended. Discussions, debates and statements of error should be elsewhere in my opinion.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Saint Patrick, pray for us!
It's a logistical issue. The backlog of requests will have Ole Pat busy till kingdom come......and if the backlog is that big he won't even get to enjoy his green beer.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am simply saying, Leave it to the moderators! I have no authority here, but I use the prayer forum regularly... hopefully as intended. Discussions, debates and statements of error should be elsewhere in my opinion.
We are not debating but praying for theefaith in the prayer forum, not discussing or debating I don’t think we are breaking any rules, as this is a prayer forum and that’s what we are doing praying for theefaith because we care about him.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are not debating but praying for theefaith in the prayer forum, not discussing or debating I don’t think we are breaking any rules, as this is a prayer forum and that’s what we are doing praying for theefaith because we care about him.
Talk to the moderators about it.

Reactions: Nancy

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Angelina
@Heart2Soul
Some of us may not agree with how @theefaith prays, but so long as he is accepted as a Christian by the forum, should not his prayer thread be respected as are those of others?

Debates and discussions and criticisms do not belong here, do they? There are other places for those things.
You are absolutely correct....it is disrespectful to debate a person's prayer request.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATTENTION MEMBERS!
The prayer forum is for members to post their request for prayer for whatever need or burden they have posted. Prayer is one of the most precious God given gift that we can do for one another. The prayer of a righteous man availeth much....
Debating with the member that is asking for prayer is wrong and can hinder them from seeking prayer in the future...
Don't be that person that can cause someone to lose faith in the power of the prayer of agreement...
Matthew 18 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹⁸ Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
¹⁹ Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.
²⁰ For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

This has been discussed before...the prayer forum is for prayer not debating.
Any questions?

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not debating or discussing but praying for TheeFaith in the prayer forum.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are absolutely correct....it is disrespectful to debate a person's prayer request.
You are correct Heart2Soul, that is what I'm doing praying for TheeFaith, sorry if my post came across as a debate or discussion those weren't my intentions, I was merely talking to my brother and sister, which I shouldn't have, my apologies, my prayers are going out to our brother TheeFaith.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry for posting on here I will leave theefaith to his prayer to St Patrick

Reactions: Nancy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATTENTION MEMBERS!
The prayer forum is for members to post their request for prayer for whatever need or burden they have posted. Prayer is one of the most precious God given gift that we can do for one another. The prayer of a righteous man availeth much....
Debating with the member that is asking for prayer is wrong and can hinder them from seeking prayer in the future...
Don't be that person that can cause someone to lose faith in the power of the prayer of agreement...
Matthew 18 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹⁸ Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
¹⁹ Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.
²⁰ For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

This has been discussed before...the prayer forum is for prayer not debating.
Any questions?
Thank you sister!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're welcome however it didn't do any good...I moved it to the Christian debate forum....
DEBATE AWAY!
I do believe that some people do not understand the difference between praying to God and discussing or debating an issue.

Of course, each member believes he right and that everyone standing opposed to him is wrong! [consider Prov 21:2]

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nobody’s perfect

I tip my humble hat to you

We're still in Lent. At it is difficult. I don't pray to Saints, but I do recognize that I desire them to want to have me with them in heaven. I hope they don't dislike me as they do have a say I think. I believe we become as Angels of God if he saves us:

Luke 12:8 Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God:

Reactions: amadeus