SALVATION: BY GRACE OR BY WORKS? A FALSE DICHOTOMY

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
As according to the tread topic, the breathed out by GOD, all scripture, can determine which witnessing is truth and error.

Indeed this quote was posted to refute my witnessing, that is, 'Faith comes from hearing and hearing the word of GOD.'

If one were to say that faith is in us and when we heard the word of GOD that came. Hence, on our own ability of faith, we responded. and are saved by the grace of GOD.

But this contradict as error, compared to other scripture that read otherwise. For is written,
'But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe. But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. For ye are all the children of GOD by faith in Christ Jesus.'

Therefore is written,
'For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of GOD: Not of works, lest any man should boast.'

Apparently, grace and faith have been held back by GOD, until HE presented them as a gift.

Is written,
'That the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord, who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed? Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again, HE hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.'

'But if our Gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of GOD, should shine unto them.'

"Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the Kingdom of GOD."
"Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the Kingdom of GOD."

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ritajanice