Salvation really?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
After I put on my all cotton robe, I was standing in the mirror brushing the uncut hair on the sides of my head, and brushing my beard, I pondered about the Law. I continued thinking and praying as I tied on my phylacteries, and sat down for some Matza soup seasoned with kosher salt. I was thankful that the Lord sacrificed Himself for us. As I was preparing my meals for the Sabbath, I realized something.

The LAW! Ah, it's not abolished. It can't be abolished, and Paul said, "Yea, we establish the Law". This makes sense. Because, simply put, if the Law were abolished, there could be no atonement for sin. Jesus would've died for nothing. If the Law is abolished, there would be nothing to fullfill.

With this revelation, It's going to take me some time to warm up to a poly cotton blend, and I've always wondered what a porkchop tasted like.

Another thing to be consider, if the Law is abolished, then we don't need to trust in Jesus to save us from sin, because if you take away the Law then we are free to sin and free will willfully break the 10 Commandments, e.g free to lie, kill, steal etc.

So if the Law is abolished and we no longer need to obey it, as some claim, then that would mean God has given us now FULL PERMISSION to lie, kill, steal, worship other gods, dishonor our parents, commit adultery etc.

God bless.

Those who seek to fulfill the law themselves are not in Christ. Or else they have fallen from His grace.

AMEN, and Galatian 5:4 talks about that.

Anyone who trusts in the Law to save them or justify them have fallen away from grace.

HOWEVER, once someone has been saved by FAITH + GRACE ALONE, God writes His Law on their hearts, and they lovingly obey God and keep God's Commandments. Those who don't, are liars and there is no truth in them 1 John 2:4 teaches us. And in Romans 6 it talks about once a person is saved, they uphold the law.

But Law keeping is not the root of salvation, it's the fruit of salvation.

God bless.

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
:lol:

Dude, your doctrine never ceases to amaze me.

Here is the Doctrine that I teach and believe in, which seems to "amaze" you.

I believe and teach that Jesus is Lord, Saviour, God, Messiah and the Lamb of God and only through Christ are we saved, Him being our complete Saviour. I believe and teach the Gospel of justification, sanctification, righteousness and salvation by faith and grace alone and that we are credited and imputed Jesus' perfection and righteousness as a free gift. I believe and teach that the blood of the Lamb washes away our sins, and that once a Christian is sincerely born again and sealed with the Holy Spirit that God writes His Law on our hearts and we love obedience and hate sinning and that genuinely born again Christians will delight walking in God's Commandments as a result and fruit of salvation.

Let each person come to their own conclusions and decide for themselves.

P.S I am a child of God, a Christian, a follower of Christ, I am not a dude or ranger who lives on a farm. I am not an individual unfamiliar with the demands of life outside of urban settings, so why are you calling me a dude?

God bless.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I believe and teach that Jesus is Lord, Saviour, God, Messiah and the Lamb of God and only through Christ are we saved, Him being our complete Saviour. I believe and teach the Gospel of justification, sanctification, righteousness and salvation by faith and grace alone and that we are credited and imputed Jesus' perfection and righteousness as a free gift. I believe and teach that the blood of the Lamb washes away our sins, and that once a Christian is sincerely born again and sealed with the Holy Spirit that God writes His Law on our hearts and we love obedience and hate sinning and that genuinely born again Christians will delight walking in God's Commandments as a result and fruit of salvation.

P.S I am a child of God, a Christian, a follower of Christ, I am not a dude or ranger who lives on a farm. I am not an individual unfamiliar with the demands of life outside of urban settings, so why are you calling me a dude?

God bless.

It is dudette not dude!

When we abide in Christ we marvel at the instruction of God. Not the law. The Hebrew word is Torah...which means instruction.

God's training is hard but those who submit to it love the discipline and truth that God brings. That is the context of David's exclamation. David was not a legalistic hypocrite, but a lover of God.

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
It is dudette not dude!

When we abide in Christ we marvel at the instruction of God. Not the law. The Hebrew word is Torah...which means instruction.

God's training is hard but those who submit to it love the discipline and truth that God brings. That is the context of David's exclamation. David was not a legalistic hypocrite, but a lover of God.

Are you claiming I am a legalistic hypocrite and a hater of God?

Show me anything I have taught that is legalism. And before you answer, please read my post at number# 144, so you don't falsely accuse me.

Also, can you please explain to me what Paul meant when he said these following words, "I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good" - Romans 7:15-16.

What exactly was it that Paul hated doing and why was it important to him that he didn't do it, and why did Paul hate sinning? And what did Paul mean when he said the law is good?

God bless.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Show me anything I have taught that is legalism. And before you answer, please read my post at number# 144, so you don't falsely accuse me.

Also, can you please explain to me what Paul meant when he said these following words, "I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good" - Romans 7:15-16.

What exactly was it that Paul hated doing and why was it important to him that he didn't do it, and why did Paul hate sinning? And what did Paul mean when he said the law is good?

God bless.

Anyone who uses a human reasoning to teach the word will be a hypocrite. We are to have the mind of Christ.

logabe

Aug 28, 2008

God bless.

I must agree that this is a very difficult subject and most Christians
don't understand justification and sanctification. Although justification
is pretty simple, santification has separated many believers in the past
and also the present.

James 2:14 says,

14 What use is it, my brethren, if a man says
he has faith, but he has no works? Can that
faith save him?

Those who have little understanding of the law often resolve this issue
in their own minds simply by discarding James' letter altogether, thinking
that it contradicts the teachings of Paul. However, such people also
misunderstand Paul, thinking that Paul discarded the law. It takes a clear
understanding of both Paul and James to arrive at the truth.

Like James, Paul honored and upheld the law, saying in Rom. 3:31,

31 Do we then nullify the Law through faith? May
it never be! On the contrary, we establish the Law.

Paul then confesses in verses 15-23 that he experienced a war between
his flesh (old man) and his spiritual man (Christ in him). His flesh man
desired to violate the Law, while his New Creation Man desired to be
obedient to it. His conclusion is in verse 25,

... So then, on the one hand I myself with my
[spiritual] mind am serving the law of God, but
on the other, with my flesh, the law of sin.

Because sin is lawlessness (anomia), it is the old Adamic man of sin
that desires to violate the law of God. It serves the law of sin. On the
other hand, that holy seed residing in us, which has been conceived
by the Holy Spirit, is perfect and, as Paul says, serves the law of God.

Paul had no intention of legalizing sin, as many have been taught. As
Christians, who have died to the flesh and have been raised in newness
of life, our works will be different from what we used to do in our past
life of unbelief. Paul says in Rom. 6:19,

19 ... For just as you presented your members [body
parts] as slaves to impurity and to lawlessness
[anomia], resulting in further lawlessness [anomia],
so now present your members as slaves to
righteousness, resulting in sanctification.

So Paul taught that after believers had received justification by faith,
they ought to stop their lawless behavior. Their works ought to reflect
their faith. This is called "sanctification," and it is the next step after
justification.

Is not this precisely what James was teaching?

If a man claims to be justified by faith, but there is no evidence of a
change in his life, then his profession of faith is just empty words. The
prophet Isaiah accused Israel of the same fault in Isaiah 29:13, which
Jesus applied to the Pharisees of His own time in Matt. 15:7-9,

7 You hypocrites, rightly did Isaiah prophesy of
you, saying, (8) "This people honors Me with
their lips, but their heart is far from Me. (9) But
in vain do they worship Me, teaching as doctrines
the precepts of men."

Faith is necessary for justification; works (obedience to the law and
the voice of God) is necessary for sanctification. Sanctification is the
natural outworking of justification. Justification is the cause;
sanctification is the result that provides evidence of a prior faith.
Without the evidence of works, all professions of faith are hypocritical
lip service. James issues this challenge:

18 But someone may well say, "You have faith,
and I have works; show me your faith without
the works, and I will show you my faith by my
works."

Paul's concern was that men considered their works (including physical
circumcision) to be a prerequisite to justification. James' concern was
that men claim to have faith apart from any real evidence of sanctification
in their lives. The two had no quarrel between themselves. The quarrel
has been among their followers who have not truly understood either Paul
or James.

20 But are you willing to recognize, you foolish
fellow, that faith without works is useless?

Every religion has faith, but only Christianity has faith in Jesus Christ.
Faith in itself is of little value. Faith looks to someone or something to
give it life. Faith in what? Faith in who? James understood that one
must have faith in Jesus Christ, His death, resurrection, and ascension
as the High Priest, King, and Heir of all things.

Many have had faith in Jesus as a prophet or a teacher or as a good
man. Such faith is insufficient, regardless of their good intentions.
James makes it clear that claiming to have faith in the God of the
Bible is "useless" while rejecting Jesus Christ.

In other words, faith without works is lazy, because it shuns the labor
which it ought to perform.

Logabe

Jake

Aug 21, 2011
Western US

God bless.
You're a dudette, not a dude, my apologies.

No one has said we are not to obey God, it is faith and obedience TO THE SPIRIT. God tells us what to do and we do it. The law is bondage, it's a step by step checklist. I kept the Sabbath day holy - check. I didn't commit audeltry - check, it's not an insurance policy as a guarantee for eternal life.

The gospel is one of power, able to transform a person into the full measure of Christ - it is the prize in the race. A written law changes no one, only through faith and by obedience to the Spirit do we see the power of the gospel work in our lives and within the life of the Church. Eternal life starts NOW, we are sharing in His divine nature NOW, the Kingdom of God lives in us NOW.

Epi is right, you do teach a carnal gospel, one that possesses zero power for transformation, it does nothing for His Kingdom.

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
James teaches us a good lesson about the result and fruit of salvation, and how important and valid good works and obedience is after having been saved.

James 2:24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

So many people think and believe they are saved by faith and grace alone and are now free to willfully break the 10 Commandments and willfully sin and still be covered by faith and grace alone and will inherit eternal life. But that's a lie from Satan and a trick from the Devil, and anyone who says they are saved by faith and grace alone, yet continues to willfully break the 10 Commandments and willfully sin, do not do the Will of God, and Matthew 7:21 will apply to them.

Good works follow a true salvation and someone truly saved will never want to willfully break God's law. Those who do, have not been born again in the first place, even if they claim to have been, because if their fruit is not obedience then they are not sealed with God's Holy Spirit.

God bless.

Sabitarian

Sep 11, 2011
TruthSeaker,
I applaud your persistence in my absence as my computer was attacked and my hard drive fried. I must have gotten to some one. I have read most of the posts from where I left off and need to add something to your posts.

Matt 5:17-19
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
(KJV)
Now all of you who say Christ did away with the laws of God, please explain this scripture?

Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(KJV)
This includes the old as well as the new, as both tell the same story and there is no doctrine given in the old that is different from the new. Christ had only the old to teach from. Paul had only the old to teach from, thus how can he be called a new testament Christian, teaching another doctrine when he taught from the same old testament used by Christ.
Plus the Holy Days are still to be kept as they were kept by Christ and Paul, as Paul taught gentiles in the Synagogue for three Sabbaths. Now why would Paul have taught Gentiles in the Synagogue on the Sabbath when he is suppose to have changed the day of worship from the seventh to the first day of the week? Why is there no scripture telling us of this change, God is not slack in letting us know about changes, He told us in advance about Circumcision being of the heart when Gentiles were let into the family.
As for the Mark being introduced during the tribulation to come I expect that Obama Care will do just that, as it fits the prophesy. After the Mark is introduced the time for any to come to God from the paganism introduced by the Papacy, which has infected most all of the Christian Churches, will come to an end and they will suffer the Wrath of God unmingled, while we will suffer the tribulation. God always keeps a remnant as He kept the Christians during the fall of Jerusalem when 1.3 million Jews died, but not one of the Christians. They had heard the words prophesied by Christ and left before the Romans came back.
humble servant of the Lord God Most High

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
I think it comes down to this...some people lie to themselves and deceive themselves into thinking that a Christian will and can willfully break the 10 Commandments and keep on sinning and not care, and still be saved by grace alone. But I tell you the truth, they have never been born again or sealed with the Holy Spirit in the first place and Matthew 7:21 will apply to them.

Anyone who is sincerely born again or sealed with the Holy Spirit, have God's Law written on their heart and they will detest breaking the 10 Commandments, they will hate sinning and would never willfully break any of the 10 Commandments and not care about it.

But let me say so there is no confusion or misunderstanding... we are saved by faith + grace, NOT by obedience or works, because we will always fall short and because we are sinners, HOWEVER, someone sincerely born again or sealed with the Holy Spirit, will become like Paul did, they will hate sinning, Romans chapter 7, and will believe the Law is good and just, and they will delight in keeping ALL the 10 Commandments.

God bless.

Sabitarian

Sep 11, 2011
TruthSeeker,
I have repedly stated that both Old and New Testaments are saying the same thing and anyone who states different is teaching another gospel.

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
I think it comes down to this...some people lie to themselves and deceive themselves into thinking that a Christian will and can willfully break the 10 Commandments and keep on sinning and not care, and still be saved by grace alone. But I tell you the truth, they have never been born again or sealed with the Holy Spirit in the first place and Matthew 7:21 will apply to them.

Anyone who is sincerely born again or sealed with the Holy Spirit, have God's Law written on their heart and they will detest breaking the 10 Commandments, they will hate sinning and would never willfully break any of the 10 Commandments and not care about it.

But let me say so there is no confusion or misunderstanding... we are saved by faith + grace, NOT by obedience or works, because we will always fall short and because we are sinners, HOWEVER, someone sincerely born again or sealed with the Holy Spirit, will become like Paul did, they will hate sinning, Romans chapter 7, and will believe the Law is good and just, and they will delight in keeping ALL the 10 Commandments.

God bless.

You are a self-contradictory, false witness of God. Those in Christ are dead to the law of Moses, and live through the law of the spirit of life in Christ in whom is no condemnation.

TruthSeeker,
I have repedly stated that both Old and New Testaments are saying the same thing and anyone who states different is teaching another gospel.

You're a false witness too.

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
You are a self-contradictory liar. Those in Christ are dead to the law of Moses, and live through the law of the spirit of life in Jesus Christ.

That's a big call to make, to accuse a born again child of God as being a liar, in other words, you are accusing me of belonging to Satan and not God, John 8:44, and you are at risk of committing the eternal sin, Mark 3.

I preach and teach the gospel of justification and salvation by faith and grace alone! I teach that Jesus is God, Messiah, Lord, Savior, King, the Christ and only through 100% Jesus can salvation be found by trusting in the blood of the Lamb to wash away our sins. Yet you accuse me of being a "LIAR" and a "FALSE WITNESS", just because I am encouraging you to be obedient to Jesus and the 10 Commandments, a permanent label you have placed on me.

Why does the message of obedience anger you so deeply? What is it about the 10 Commandment Law of God that makes you so angry that you resort to personally attacking me? Seek your heart for the answer.

Now I will ask you a question again.... which of the 10 Commandments do you willfully break and believe God has given you approval to willfully break?

1. You shall have no other gods before me. <--- Do you willfully break this Commandment? Yes or No?

2. You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.
You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments. <--- Do you willfully break this Commandment? Yes or No?

3. You shall not misuse the name of the LORD your God, for the LORD will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name. <--- Do you willfully break this Commandment? Yes or No?

4. Remember the sabbath day by keeping it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your manservant or maidservant, nor your animals, nor the alien within your gates. For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day and made it holy. <--- Do you willfully break this Commandment? Yes or No?

5. Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you. <--- Do you willfully break this Commandment? Yes or No?

6. You shall not murder. <--- Do you willfully break this Commandment? Yes or No?

7. You shall not commit adultery. <--- Do you willfully break this Commandment? Yes or No?

8. You shall not steal. <--- Do you willfully break this Commandment? Yes or No?

9. You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor. <--- Do you willfully break this Commandment? Yes or No?

10. You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his manservant or maidservant, his ox or donkey, or
anything that belongs to your neighbor. <--- Do you willfully break this Commandment? Yes or No?

Thank you.

God bless.

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
And I've made it. Repent.

You have accused me of being a LIAR and FALSE WITNESS and now you tell me to REPENT. So tell me, Repent off what exactly?

Are you asking me to repent of believing this....the gospel of justification, righteousness and salvation by faith and grace alone and that Jesus is God, Messiah, Lord, Savior, King, the Christ and only through 100% Jesus can salvation be found by trusting in the blood of the Lamb to wash away my sins and that He rose from the dead? You asking me to repent of believing that?

OR are you asking me to repent of obedience to the 10 Commandment Law? Which of these Commandments are you asking me to willfully disobey?

1. You shall have no other gods before me.

2. You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.
You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.

3. You shall not misuse the name of the LORD your God, for the LORD will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name.

4. Remember the sabbath day by keeping it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your manservant or maidservant, nor your animals, nor the alien within your gates. For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day and made it holy.

5. Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you.

6. You shall not murder.

7. You shall not commit adultery.

8. You shall not steal.

9. You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.

10. You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his manservant or maidservant, his ox or donkey, or
anything that belongs to your neighbor.

God bless.

Sabitarian

Sep 11, 2011
HeRoseFromTheDead,
I see that you are part of the Protestants who are part of the fall in Revelations, good luck when you meet Christ. Please show me the scriptures you are basing your beliefs on and why you call me a false witness as I show scripture for all of my doctrine, you need to do the same.

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
HeRoseFromTheDead,
I see that you are part of the Protestants who are part of the fall in Revelations, good luck when you meet Christ. Please show me the scriptures you are basing your beliefs on and why you call me a false witness as I show scripture for all of my doctrine, you need to do the same.

Were you ever a Sunday keeping person and ever part of the fall in Revelations? If so, what happened for you to heed the warning in Rev 18:4 and come out?

God bless.