Salvation really?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jake

Aug 21, 2011
Western US
Under the new covenant we are not given a day, we were given Christ, we follow the Spirit of the Law and those who do not are still under the Old Covenant, which means you are guilty if you break just one part of it, you become a lawbreaker, which then would require you to go sacrifice some animals for your forgiveness of sins - good luck with that.

The New Covenant does not burden us with a bunch of laws and regulations, as you present, it is not freedom, the only true freedom is through the Spirit of the Law, through faith, in Christ. The New Covenant does not lay unauthorized restrictions onto the church as you are doing - it IS unauthorized and what you preach about the New Covenant is not from God. It is from the spirit of wanting to oppress and suppress the true maturity that can only be gained through the Spirit of the Law.

The Sabbath is the regenerated life of faith in Christ, where we find true rest, the Old Testament laws was a shadow of better things to come - which is Christ. Everyday is holy, in Christ.

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
...The New Covenant does not burden us with a bunch of laws and regulations...

Jake, just so I am completely clear what you believe and teach, can you please address this....Can you go through the 10 Commandments and show me which Commandments out of the 10 that you willfully break and believe God teaches us to willfully break and that you believe we are not asked to obey under the New Covenant? Thanks.

1. You shall have no other gods before me. <--- Do you willfully break this Commandment and believe we are free to willfully disobey this Commandment under the New Covenant? Yes or No?

2. You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.
You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments. <--- Do you willfully break this Commandment and believe we are free to willfully disobey this Commandment under the New Covenant? Yes or No?

3. You shall not misuse the name of the LORD your God, for the LORD will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name. <--- Do you willfully break this Commandment and believe we are free to willfully disobey this Commandment under the New Covenant? Yes or No?

4. Remember the sabbath day by keeping it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your manservant or maidservant, nor your animals, nor the alien within your gates. For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day and made it holy. <--- Do you willfully break this Commandment and believe we are free to willfully disobey this Commandment under the New Covenant? Yes or No?

5. Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you. <--- Do you willfully break this Commandment and believe we are free to willfully disobey this Commandment under the New Covenant? Yes or No?

6. You shall not murder. <--- Do you willfully break this Commandment and believe we are free to willfully disobey this Commandment under the New Covenant? Yes or No?

7. You shall not commit adultery. <--- Do you willfully break this Commandment and believe we are free to willfully disobey this Commandment under the New Covenant? Yes or No?

8. You shall not steal. <--- Do you willfully break this Commandment and believe we are free to willfully disobey this Commandment under the New Covenant? Yes or No?

9. You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor. <--- Do you willfully break this Commandment and believe we are free to willfully disobey this Commandment under the New Covenant? Yes or No?

10. You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his manservant or maidservant, his ox or donkey, or
anything that belongs to your neighbor. <--- Do you willfully break this Commandment and believe we are free to willfully disobey this Commandment under the New Covenant? Yes or No?

And can you please show me in Scripture where it says that all 7 days are now Holy and not just the Sabbath?

And Jake, can you please explain and contextualize this following verse for me:

Hebrews 4:9 There remaineth therefore a sabbath rest for the people of God.

(BY the way in case you didn't know, the word Sabbath appears in the original Koine Greek manuscripts as well for that verse.)

Thank you Jake, I look forward to your reply and answers.

God bless.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Rach, you are sidestepping again and going off topic.

Please answer this question... can a person be saved and inherit eternal life if they continue murdering people, sleeping with lots of different sexual partners every day and night and continue to rob and deceive people? Yes or No?

God bless.

Have I ever said that people who gleefully murder, rob and enjoy sexual immortality are going to inherit eternal life?

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
Have I ever said that people who gleefully murder, rob and enjoy sexual immortality are going to inherit eternal life?

I don't know Rach, so that's why I am asking you. So instead of once again sidestepping my question, just please give a direct answer...can a person be saved and inherit eternal life if they continue murdering people, sleeping with lots of different sexual partners every day and night and continue to rob and deceive people? Yes or No?

If no, then tell me, what must they DO to be saved and inherit eternal life?

God bless.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
I don't know Rach, so that's why I am asking you. So instead of once again sidestepping my question, just please give a direct answer...can a person be saved and inherit eternal life if they continue murdering people, sleeping with lots of different sexual partners every day and night and continue to rob and deceive people? Yes or No?

God bless.

I would have to say your context needs to be defined a bit more. If a person 'said' they were saved, but then went on to live a life that invovled the above without serious grief and repentance, then I would say they were never truly saved to begin with. Is it possible for someone who is truly saved to stumble? Sure. What happens if a Christian, in defending their children, kills someone. Does that mean their salvation becomes null and void?

If no, then tell me, what must they DO to be saved and inherit eternal life?

See here's where you trip up and become unbiblical. We DO nothing to be saved and inherit eternal life. Salvation is a FREE gift of grace, and nothing that we do or are can encumber that. None of us deserve salvation, and none of us may boast in anything but God's goodness by receiving it. You are still trying to marry that gift with actions done by us. It doesn't work that way.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A word of warning to everyone contributing to this thread. I have learnt from experience that truth seeker (sic) will not answer any of your questions; will insist on you answering his questions; will accuse you of being rude and agressive if you disagree with him; will try and make you feel bad because you don't believe what he believes; believes that he is the only one that knows the truth.

My advice is to......toally ignore him for your sanity.

goodshepard55

Feb 27, 2011
Australian
What you fail to realise is, that due to eisegesis and brainwashing since a child, you have been taught to see things in Bible which are not truly there. The Sabbath was never abolished, none of the 10 Commandments were and are still valid today.

If we are going to use your flawed reasoning that The Most High God is in rest, then answer me this question... The Bible says in Genesis that in the beginning God created the Earth and rested on the seventh day. So why did Jesus keep the Sabbath day Holy if The Most High God went into rest 4000 years earlier? And why was it Paul's custom to keep the Sabbath day Holy if The Most High God entered rest 4000 years earlier, and why did the Most High God give the 4th Sabbath Commandment at Mount Sinai if He went into rest after the 7th day creation?

I really look forward to you reply. Thank you, God bless.

Darling please check the Word...how often was Jesus questioned on the things he did on the Sabbath? Mercy now you are accusing me of being brainwashed...however you still refuse to answer my challenge to visit me or another organization in Sydney to see I speak the truth....

Jake

Aug 21, 2011
Western US
Jake, just so I am completely clear what you believe and teach, can you please address this....Can you go through the 10 Commandments and show me which Commandments out of the 10 that you willfully break and believe God teaches us to willfully break and that you believe we are not asked to obey under the New Covenant? Thanks.
By you even asking this question, is a red flag for me (and hopefully others) that you do not understand what it means to live in the Spirit, nor do you understand the New Covenant. Jesus came to fulfill the law, so that we might live it out perfectly, so that we might live it out the way God intended without stumbling.

If you are simply living your life by the 10 commandments, you have already failed, Jesus raised the bar, what God expects from us is far beyond what the 10 commandments command, they say only do not commit adultery, Jesus said do not look upon a woman with lust. The 10 commandments tell us not to murder, we're not to even think of murder, otherwise we sin in our hearts.

It would be impossible to live out a perfect, holy Christian life without His life in us, it is His life we are living now and He already lived by the 10 commandments perfectly. You'd be better off asking a Torah keeping Jew your question, they "keep the law".

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
A word of warning to everyone contributing to this thread. I have learnt from experience that truth seeker (sic) will not answer any of your questions; will insist on you answering his questions; will accuse you of being rude and agressive if you disagree with him; will try and make you feel bad because you don't believe what he believes; believes that he is the only one that knows the truth.

My advice is to......toally ignore him for your sanity.

Thank you marksman for your personal attack upon me and for falsely accusing me, I am blessed Scripture says when that happens to me for sharing the truth that I do, Matthew 5.

I have always answered every question that marksman has asked off me, but he refuses to answer my questions because my questions frighten him, so this is part of his revenge on me by trying to turn others against me, trying to poison others minds against me and to use this strategy to sidestep my questions.

Ask yourself this question marksman... would the Holy Spirit encourage you to try to poison other people's minds against another person as you are trying to do towards me? Is that the fruit of the Holy Spirit or the fruit from another false spirit? Would a born again Christian go around different threads and attack a Christians character and trying to turn everyone against them, just because that Christian disagrees with some of the things you teach? What is your motive? God knows and I encourage you to repent of your hatred for me and come to Christ and be filled with love instead.

Now back on topic..marksman.. tell me...can a Christian be saved or remain saved if they continue to wilfully break the 10 Commandments? For example, if they continue to willfully have other gods, steal, murder, commit adultery? Yes or No?

God bless.

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
Darling please check the Word...how often was Jesus questioned on the things he did on the Sabbath? Mercy now you are accusing me of being brainwashed...however you still refuse to answer my challenge to visit me or another organization in Sydney to see I speak the truth....

Shep, you sidestepped my question AGAIN. When will I get an answer from you?

Firstly, let me address your erroneous and false accusations against Jesus...He only broke the Sabbath not according to Scripture, but only according to the Jews, which had about an extra 39 traditions and rules which were NOT Biblical! Are you siding with the Jews? Jesus broke the sabbath ONLY according to the Jews and their own customs which were not Biblical.

Shep, please answer honestly, were you aware that the Jews had added 39 extra traditions to the Sabbath which was not taught by God or Bible? Yes or No? And did you know that they accused Jesus of breaking those non-biblical traditions? Yes or No?

So Shep, I hope you realise the Jews had extra NON Biblical rules for Sabbath. So according to the Jews, Jesus broke and worked on the Sabbath but only broke their own man made rules and regulations and NEVER did Jesus break the Biblical Sabbath. Are you seriously saying the Jews were right over Jesus?

No, Jesus never broke the Biblical Sabbath! In fact, Jesus kept the Moral Law [10 Commandments] perfectly, and was without sin and never, ever, sinned!

Those who claim that Jesus worked on and broke the Biblical Sabbath according to the Bible, the fourth Commandment of God, says that Jesus sinned and was not perfect! Dangerous teaching indeed!

Harvesting was one of Jewish customs that was against their traditions. Picking wheat and rubbing their hands together was harvesting and work according to the Jews, but Jesus and the disciples did it out of HUNGER and not for profit and work. They were NOT working on the Sabbath as the Jews claimed. The Pharisees, however, did not want to see beyond their law's technicalities. They had no room for compassion, and they were determined to accuse Jesus of wrongdoing in any way they could.

Paul, as his custom was, was keeping the proper Sabbath day holy, many decades after Jesus was crucified. The bible nor God ever changed it, but Satan changed it and has convinced most people to disregard it as a sign of loyalty and rest.

Now...please also answer my original questions that you sidestepped..The Bible says in Genesis that in the beginning God created the Earth and rested on the seventh day. So why did Jesus keep the Sabbath day Holy if The Most High God went into rest 4000 years earlier? And why was it Paul's custom to keep the Sabbath day Holy if The Most High God entered rest 4000 years earlier, and why did the Most High God give the 4th Sabbath Commandment at Mount Sinai if He went into rest after the 7th day creation?

God bless.

By you even asking this question, is a red flag for me (and hopefully others) that you do not understand what it means to live in the Spirit, nor do you understand the New Covenant. Jesus came to fulfill the law, so that we might live it out perfectly, so that we might live it out the way God intended without stumbling.

If you are simply living your life by the 10 commandments, you have already failed, Jesus raised the bar, what God expects from us is far beyond what the 10 commandments command....

Jake, you did the famous sidestep shuffle again, why is that? Why are you so frightened to give me a direct answer? Why do you use the old "red flag" excuse strategy to run and hide from my question?

Why is every single person on this forum so frightened to go through these and answer honestly? Not a single person has been brave enough to answer these.

Now Jake, please, I ask again, which of these Commandments do you willfully break and believe New Covenant Christians are free to break?

1. You shall have no other gods before me. <--- Do you willfully break this Commandment and believe we are free to willfully disobey this Commandment under the New Covenant? Yes or No?

2. You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.
You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments. <--- Do you willfully break this Commandment and believe we are free to willfully disobey this Commandment under the New Covenant? Yes or No?

3. You shall not misuse the name of the LORD your God, for the LORD will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name. <--- Do you willfully break this Commandment and believe we are free to willfully disobey this Commandment under the New Covenant? Yes or No?

4. Remember the sabbath day by keeping it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your manservant or maidservant, nor your animals, nor the alien within your gates. For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day and made it holy. <--- Do you willfully break this Commandment and believe we are free to willfully disobey this Commandment under the New Covenant? Yes or No?

5. Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you. <--- Do you willfully break this Commandment and believe we are free to willfully disobey this Commandment under the New Covenant? Yes or No?

6. You shall not murder. <--- Do you willfully break this Commandment and believe we are free to willfully disobey this Commandment under the New Covenant? Yes or No?

7. You shall not commit adultery. <--- Do you willfully break this Commandment and believe we are free to willfully disobey this Commandment under the New Covenant? Yes or No?

8. You shall not steal. <--- Do you willfully break this Commandment and believe we are free to willfully disobey this Commandment under the New Covenant? Yes or No?

9. You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor. <--- Do you willfully break this Commandment and believe we are free to willfully disobey this Commandment under the New Covenant? Yes or No?

10. You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his manservant or maidservant, his ox or donkey, or
anything that belongs to your neighbor. <--- Do you willfully break this Commandment and believe we are free to willfully disobey this Commandment under the New Covenant? Yes or No?

Thank you Jake.

God bless.

My Lord! this thread outta have led the many guests who are reading this to salvation.... :huh: not

We do not have the power to cause a person to be saved or lost, only the Holy Spirit and they themselves have that power. God always brings enough people and enough truth into everyone' lives, through many DIFFERENT people and DIFFERENT sources, so that person can make an informed decision to follow Jesus or reject Jesus.

My dear Angelina, you give us on this thread too much POWER if you think we have the ability to cause a person to be lost or not come to Christ.

This verse explains why all the lost will eventually be lost:

2 Thessalonians 2:10 and in every sort of evil that deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved.

So a first step for a person to experience salvation, is for that person to have a sincere love for the truth. And if a person loves the truth, they love Jesus, because Jesus IS the Truth, John 14:6.

Only people who made a conscious decision to refuse to love the truth and not want to be saved, they are the ones to be lost.

So Angelina, do not worry dear, I do not, and nobody else on this thread, has the power or ability to cause a person to be lost. That decision comes down to the individual alone.

God bless.

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
Whateva! ^_^

Angelina, back on topic if we may.... can I please ask you a question as I am interested in your answer.. can a Christian be saved or remain saved if they continue to willfully break the 10 Commandments? For example, if they continue to willfully, steal, murder, commit adultery etc? Yes or No?

God bless.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Not true! I am talking about the fruit of salvation, but you are talking about the root of salvation.

God bless.

No, actually you aren't talking of the 'fruit of salvation'. When you say "what must we DO to BE saved", you most certainly are talking of the root. If you were talking about fruit you would be saying "what will our heats long to do after we receive the gift". Big difference...the mistake is on you.

But I think your real sticking point with me is that you don't believe I'm truly saved because I worship on a Sunday. That's not particularly true anyway...I worship on everyday...my body being a temple to the Holy Spirit...it makes talking with and praising God real easy. But about the Sunday thing:

First of all, of the 10 commandments listed in Exodus 20:1-17, only 9 of them were restated in the New Testament. (Six in Matt. 19:18, murder, adultery, stealing, false witness, honour parents, and worshipping God; Rom. 13:9, coveting. Worshipping God properly covers the first three commandments) The one that was not reaffirmed was the one about the Sabbath. Instead, Jesus said that He is the Lord of the Sabbath (Matt. 12:8).

In creation, God rested on the seventh day. But, since God is all powerful, He doesn’t get tired. He doesn’t need to take a break and rest. So, why does it say that He rested? The reason is simple: Mark 2:27 says, "The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath." In other words, God established the Sabbath as a rest for His people, not because He needed a break, but because we are mortal and need a time of rest, of focus on God. In this, our spirits and bodies are both renewed.

We know with Jesus’ atonement, we no longer are required to keep the Law as a means for our justification. The requirements of the Law were fulfilled in Christ. We now have rest from the Law. We now have "Sabbath", continually.

Within the New Testament is ample evidence that the seventh day Sabbath is no longer a requirement.
"One man regards one day above another, another regards every day alike. Let each man be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who observes the day, observes it for the Lord, and he who eats, does so for the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who eats not, for the Lord he does not eat, and gives thanks to God," (Rom. 14:5-6).
The entire section of Rom. 14:1-12 is worth careful study. The instructions here are that individuals must be convinced in their own minds about which day they observe for the Lord. If the seventh day Sabbath were a requirement, then the choice would not be mans’, but God’s. To me, this verse is sufficient to answer the question beyond doubt. Furthermore,
"Therefore let no one act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day— [sup]17[/sup]things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ." (Col. 2:16-17).
Notice the time sequence mentioned in Col. 2:16-17 above. A festival is yearly. A new moon is monthly. A Sabbath is weekly. No one is to judge in regard to this. The Sabbath is defined as a shadow, the reality is Jesus. Jesus is our Sabbath. So, if someone is judging you because you worship on the Sabbath, they are wrong. Likewise, if you regard Sunday above Saturday (Rom. 14:5-6), all you need to do is be convinced in your own mind that that is alright.

So, while I have enjoyed your inane and unbiblical take on things, I must draw this to a close. I worship on Sunday, I am convinced that no particular day is special...only Jesus and worshipping Him is special. I pray that God may one day open your eyes and draw you out from the SDA's...where I very much suspect you sit. Oh, and good luck with trying to convince everyone of your take. You may not have noticed it, but I'm not the only one who has noticed your hypocrisy!

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
No, actually you aren't talking of the 'fruit of salvation'. When you say "what must we DO to BE saved", you most certainly are talking of the root. If you were talking about fruit you would be saying "what will our heats long to do after we receive the gift". Big difference...the mistake is on you.

But I think your real sticking point with me is that you don't believe I'm truly saved because I worship on a Sunday. That's not particularly true anyway...I worship on everyday...my body being a temple to the Holy Spirit...it makes talking with and praising God real easy. But about the Sunday thing:

First of all, of the 10 commandments listed in Exodus 20:1-17, only 9 of them were restated in the New Testament. (Six in Matt. 19:18, murder, adultery, stealing, false witness, honour parents, and worshipping God; Rom. 13:9, coveting. Worshipping God properly covers the first three commandments) The one that was not reaffirmed was the one about the Sabbath. Instead, Jesus said that He is the Lord of the Sabbath (Matt. 12:8).

In creation, God rested on the seventh day. But, since God is all powerful, He doesn’t get tired. He doesn’t need to take a break and rest. So, why does it say that He rested? The reason is simple: Mark 2:27 says, "The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath." In other words, God established the Sabbath as a rest for His people, not because He needed a break, but because we are mortal and need a time of rest, of focus on God. In this, our spirits and bodies are both renewed.

We know with Jesus’ atonement, we no longer are required to keep the Law as a means for our justification. The requirements of the Law were fulfilled in Christ. We now have rest from the Law. We now have "Sabbath", continually.

Within the New Testament is ample evidence that the seventh day Sabbath is no longer a requirement.
"One man regards one day above another, another regards every day alike. Let each man be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who observes the day, observes it for the Lord, and he who eats, does so for the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who eats not, for the Lord he does not eat, and gives thanks to God," (Rom. 14:5-6).
The entire section of Rom. 14:1-12 is worth careful study. The instructions here are that individuals must be convinced in their own minds about which day they observe for the Lord. If the seventh day Sabbath were a requirement, then the choice would not be mans’, but God’s. To me, this verse is sufficient to answer the question beyond doubt. Furthermore,
"Therefore let no one act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day— [sup]17[/sup]things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ." (Col. 2:16-17).
Notice the time sequence mentioned in Col. 2:16-17 above. A festival is yearly. A new moon is monthly. A Sabbath is weekly. No one is to judge in regard to this. The Sabbath is defined as a shadow, the reality is Jesus. Jesus is our Sabbath. So, if someone is judging you because you worship on the Sabbath, they are wrong. Likewise, if you regard Sunday above Saturday (Rom. 14:5-6), all you need to do is be convinced in your own mind that that is alright.

So, while I have enjoyed your inane and unbiblical take on things, I must draw this to a close. I worship on Sunday, I am convinced that no particular day is special...only Jesus and worshipping Him is special. I pray that God may one day open your eyes and draw you out from the SDA's...where I very much suspect you sit. Oh, and good luck with trying to convince everyone of your take. You may not have noticed it, but I'm not the only one who has noticed your hypocrisy!

Rach, please leave the personal attacks out of it, please only focus on the topic. Thank you.

Now...let me explain and clarify. What I am saying is that someone who has been truly born again of the Holy Spirit will get God's Law written on their heart:

Hebrews 8:10 This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after that time, declares the Lord. I will put my laws in their minds and write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.

So when a person say they are a Christian, yet deny the Law and claim we don't follow or obey the Law, that shows me that God has not written His Law on their heart and they never been born again of the Holy Spirit. Obedience to the 10 Commandment Law comes naturally for anyone truly born again, it's the FRUIT of their salvation, not the root of their salvation.

However, if someone is not born again in the first place and trying to obey the Law to be saved, then they trust in the Law as the root for their salvation.

Hope that clarifies it.

Now onto the other points...I have never ever said that all Sunday keeping Christians are lost. God looks at the heart and many Sunday Keeping Christians keep Sunday because they sincerely believe that is the Lord's "new sabbath". Millions of Sunday keeping Christians in history have died and will be in heaven, because they sincerely trusted in Jesus. However, this may become an issue when the Mark of the Beast is enforced, time till tell.

And I worship God every too, so did the Disciples....but why do you think they kept the Sabbath Day Holy, even decades after Jesus' death? Can you please answer that?

And I never said we are justified by keeping the Law, however, once justified, we keep the Law, and Uphold the Law, Romans 6:15.

So tell me, which of the 10 Commandments do you believe we are free to willfully break?

And in regard to Romans 14:5-6, let me explain what that chapter means in its proper context, because you have taken it completely out of context. Notice that the whole chapter is on judging one another (Verses 4,10,13). The issue here is not over the seventh-day Sabbath, which was a part of the great moral law, but over the yearly feast days of the ceremonial law. Jewish Christians were judging Gentile Christians for not observing them. Paul is simply saying, "Don't judge each other. That ceremonial law is no longer binding." So as you can see, that chapter has NOTHING to do with the Sabbath Commandment at all in its proper context!

And I better explain Col 2 to you as well as you have completely misunderstood it. It refers only to the sabbaths which were "a shadow of things to come" and not to the seventh-day Sabbath. There were seven yearly holy days, or holidays, in ancient Israel which were also called sabbaths. These were in addition to, or "beside the sabbaths of the Lord" (Leviticus 23:38), or seventh-day Sabbath. These all foreshadowed, or pointed to, the cross and ended at the cross. God's seventh-day Sabbath was made before sin entered, and therefore could foreshadow nothing about deliverance from sin. That's why Colossians chapter 2 differentiates and specifically mentions the sabbaths that were "a shadow." These seven yearly sabbaths which were abolished are listed in Leviticus chapter 23.

Tell me the truth Rach, were you aware there were annual Sabbaths in addition to weekly Sabbaths? Yes or No?

People who quote Col 2:16-17 to support the weekly Sabbath as abolished do not realise, or is IGNORANT of the fact that there were seven yearly holy days, or holidays, in ancient Israel which were also called sabbaths. These were in addition to, or "beside the sabbaths of the Lord" (Leviticus 23:38), or seventh-day Sabbath.

God bless.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Shep, you sidestepped my question AGAIN. When will I get an answer from you?

Now, where have I read this before not once, not twice, not three times but umpteen times.

Take this advice even if you ignore mine. The fire will go out if you don't put wood on it.

Hey guys. This is one of the funniest posts I have done. It is the gospel according to truth seeker (sic) makes for interesting reading don't you think. Not one entry has been invented. All genuine TS comments, even those repeated 30times. Perhaps we could start a poll and ask the question HOW MANY THINK THAT TRUTH SEEKER(SIC) IS A BIT SOFT IN THE HEAD?

then answer me this question...

I have some questions for you:

Do you willfully break this Commandment?

My intuition told me that you would run and hide from my questions, because you don't want to answer my questions

I KNEW you would sidestep and run and hide.

As soon as I ask too hard and too challenging questions that you realise will contradict your statements, you run and hide

As soon as I ask too hard and too challenging questions that you realise will contradict your statements, you run and hide

debating is only for the humble and strong who can handle it without running off and hiding.

You have falsely accused me yet again

Show me any question you have asked me and I will answer it as I have always done.

I have never left a question unanswered, so please for your own sake, stop making false accusations against thy neighbour.

Ask me any question about salvation, and then answer all my questions.

Fair is fair, so stop sidestepping and trying to change topics.

Stop being afraid to answer my questions.

Please answer this question

Please answer this question

can you please address this

Do you willfully break this Commandment and believe we are free to willfully disobey this Commandment under the New Covenant?

Do you willfully break this Commandment and believe we are free to willfully disobey this Commandment under the New Covenant?

So instead of once again sidestepping my question, just please give a direct answer

I have always answered every question

but he refuses to answer my questions because my questions frighten him, so this is part of his revenge on me by trying to turn others against me

God knows and I encourage you to repent of your hatred for me
you sidestepped my question AGAIN. When will I get an answer from you?

Firstly, let me address your erroneous and false accusations against Jesus

Now...please also answer my original questions that you sidestepped..

you did the famous sidestep shuffle again, why is that?

Why are you so frightened to give me a direct answer?

Why do you use the old "red flag" excuse strategy to run and hide from my question?

Why is every single person on this forum so frightened to go through these and answer honestly?

Not a single person has been brave enough to answer these.

<--- Do you willfully break this Commandment and believe we are free to willfully disobey this Commandment under the New Covenant? Yes or No?

<--- Do you willfully break this Commandment and believe we are free to willfully disobey this Commandment under the New Covenant? Yes or No?

can I please ask you a question as I am interested in your answer.

please leave the personal attacks out of it, please only focus on the topic.

Now...let me explain and clarify

So tell me, which of the 10 Commandments do you believe we are free to willfully break?

And I better explain Col 2 to you as well as you have completely misunderstood it.

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
Question for marksman:

Can a person be doing God's Will, be saved, inherit eternal life and be accepted by God if they refuse to repent of their sins and continue to willfully commit sins like murder, adultery, stealing? Yes or No?

God bless.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
HeRoseFromTheDead, you are continuing to make false accusations against me. You are either not reading my posts or willfully making false accusations towards me, or both.

Let me explain it one more more. I preach and teach that to gain the "salvation goal" we trust in Jesus and that we are saved, justified and sanctified by faith alone. HOWEVER, I teach that once a person is genuinly, sincerely and truly sealed with the Holy Spirit and born again, that God writes His Law on the heart and we obey God and keep His Law and 10 Commandments out of loyalty and obedience and joy and RESULT of having been saved. Those people who claim to have been saved and born again, yet speaks against the Law and 10 Commandments and does not want to obey them have not been saved or born again in the first place and even though they thought they were saved and will enter heaven, they will not, because to break God's Law is to willfully disobey God's Will, Matthew 7:21.

So now I have a question for you HeRoseFromTheDead....once a Christian is saved, do you teach that they should and are free to willfully break the Law and 10 Commandments? YES or NO?

God bless.

That comment contradicts Scripture and is a false teaching!

God did not sanctify and make Holy ALL DAYS, He only made the Sabbath day Holy.

That's like God making one particular mountain Holy, and then you falsely claim that God made ALL mountains Holy. That is a lie and an attack on God and Scripture and one day at Judgement day you will give account to God for your false teaching.

God bless.

Jesus de-sacrelized the world by bringing true holiness. Nothing is holy of itself. So a rock can no longer be called holy. You are stuck in a world that excludes the present reality. In Christ everything becomes holy. That is to the one who is in Him.

Carnal logic cannot grasp the reality of life in Christ. It is foolishness to her.