Salvation Through Baptism ???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did ANYONE ever claim the spiritual man ever, any time at all,
could have an "intelligent conversation" with the carnal, worldly church ?

No. Just the opposite in fact, is written - the natural (carnal) man cannot understand anything spiritual...

Since spiritual alive men are set apart, holy, not of the <world, fleshly,carnal > assemblies etc ,
they cannot have so-called "intelligent" conversations with those who belong to the world, fleshly, carnal groups.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are many Protestants that agree with some of the teachings of Rome. Are they a humongous abomination group that "blasphemed and twisted" the words of God since they agree with Rome ?
I think it is written that the daughters of the harlot are judged with the harlot.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are many Protestants that agree with some of the teachings of Rome. Are they a humongous abomination group that "blasphemed and twisted" the words of God since they agree with Rome ?

The harlot and her daughters - God's Kingdom Ministries
www . gods-kingdom-ministries.net/daily-weblogs/2016/07-2016/the-harlot-and-her-daughters/
Jul 19, 2016. John shows the harlot's mark of identity in Revelation 17:5, 5 and upon her forehead a name was written, a mystery, "BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.". She is Babylon, a spiritual harlot who has given birth to children in her own image and is therefore called also "the mother of harlots."

excerpts>>>

"John shows the harlot’s mark of identity in Revelation 17:5,

5 and upon her forehead a name was written, a mystery, “BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.”

She is Babylon, a spiritual harlot who has given birth to children in her own image and is therefore called also “the mother of harlots.” She is also the mother “of the abominations of the earth.” An abomination is a Hebrew euphemism for an idol, so this harlot seems to be the mother of all idolatry in the earth. Her harlot children, then, seem to be the seductive call to idolatry in all of its forms of expression.

It is obvious that the great harlot is more than a single city like the ancient city of Babylon. Jerusalem, Rome, London, and Washington D.C. do not describe her limits, for idolatry goes beyond all the power centers of the world. John hinted of this earlier in Revelation 11:8, where he even linked “Sodom and Egypt” with the earthly Jerusalem. Any man, any religion, and any nation or city that worships other gods and submits to their laws above the laws of God are idolatrous by nature, having been seduced by one of the great harlot’s daughters."

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let everyone read the Bible.
When they are told to be immersed in Jesus' Name, let them be immersed.
When anyone , anywhere, contradicts Scripture, let them repent.
And they can be saved but not know about water baptism. Or CANNOT get baptized in water. They are still saved!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 19:34 But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.
And you think that proves salvation by water baptism? To make water baptism equal with the precious Blood of Jesus is heresy indeed!

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Scripture says The Church is the pillar and foundation of truth. Which Church is it Tong? I have found that Church. Have you Tong?
Surely scriptures says that the church is the pillar and foundation of truth.

1 Tim 3:15 but if I am delayed, I write so that you may know how you ought to conduct yourself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth. (NKJV)

1 Tim. 3:15 But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth. (Douay)

According to that passage, the house of God is the church of the living God. Nowhere does it says that the church is the Roman Catholic church.

Now you ask me, which church is it? My answer is the same as what that passage says. It's the church of the living God. Now if you expect a name like Roman Catholic church, or Baptist church, and so forth, I don't think it was given a name like so in scriptures.

At the time Paul wrote that passage to Timothy, where do you say one can find the house/household of God, the church of the living God? At the time of the apostles, what do you read in scriptures about the church, was it called by a single name?

So, why do you say it is the Roman Catholic church?

Tong
R0886

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
I am teaching what is in Scripture. The Church IS the pillar and foundation of truth. I feel bad for you if you haven’t found The Church that we can go to to settle our disagreement
How can you say you are teaching what is in scriptures regarding that, when scriptures does not teach that the church is the Roman Catholic church?

Tong
R0887

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
The house/household of God, which is the church of the living God. At the time Paul wrote that to Timothy, where do you say one can find the house/household of God, the church of the living God?

That is a nonsensical answer
Why so? What is nonsensical for you there?

Tong
R0888

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is under different names - not very good names either.... starting where the apostles warned the sheep about the wolves circling the flocks waiting for the apostles to be gone so they could come in and tear up the flocks....

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it is written that the daughters of the harlot are judged with the harlot.
Well then based on your theory most Christian churches are harlots and will be judged accordingly

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is under different names - not very good names either.... starting where the apostles warned the sheep about the wolves circling the flocks waiting for the apostles to be gone so they could come in and tear up the flocks....
Good point.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Surely scriptures says that the church is the pillar and foundation of truth.

1 Tim 3:15 but if I am delayed, I write so that you may know how you ought to conduct yourself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth. (NKJV)

1 Tim. 3:15 But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth. (Douay)

According to that passage, the house of God is the church of the living God. Nowhere does it says that the church is the Roman Catholic church.

Now you ask me, which church is it? My answer is the same as what that passage says. It's the church of the living God. Now if you expect a name like Roman Catholic church, or Baptist church, and so forth, I don't think it was given a name like so in scriptures.

At the time Paul wrote that passage to Timothy, where do you say one can find the house/household of God, the church of the living God? At the time of the apostles, what do you read in scriptures about the church, was it called by a single name?

So, why do you say it is the Roman Catholic church?

Tong
R0886

Are you a member of the church of the living God?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since no one OPPOSED to Jesus could ever be that ONE, it is clearly not the group in rome ,
as they are faithfully devoted to persecuting and always persecuted the ones who follow Jesus, and are not part of them.
That WASN’T the question.

The question is WHICH one of the tens of thousands of disjointed and perpetually-splintering PROTESTANT sects that ALL teach different doctrine yet ALL claim to be “led” by the Holy Spirit is the Pillar and foundation of Truth (1 Tim. 3:15) that we must obey, per Matt. 18:15-18??

YOU claim that it’s NOT the Catholic Church.
Sooooooo, WHICH one is it??
CRICKETS . . .

Are you ever going to answer the question - or do you even HAVE one??

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we or someone does have a question, this is a good place to start (it will take a few weeks to read though) >>>

"A testimony of the love of God "to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by [Christ Jesus]" (Hebrews 7:25),"

truthforfree.com/files/PDF/CharlesChiniquy-50YearsInTheChurchOfRome.pdf

Mr C

Jul 9, 2020
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would the people finally know and realize THEN (if that were true)
that they are 'out of the spirit'
and
not in the spirit ?

How does one know he has been spirit baptized?

he does not.

I have asked the following questions before.

Is there a command on how to be spirit baptized?

How can I know I have been spirit baptized?

Is there a command for all men to be spirit baptized?