Salvation Through Baptism ???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You really don't seem to get it. God's will, purpose, pleasure, and glory is to save mankind. Mankind, to mean the creature (man) "kind", the kind of Adam, and not mankind to mean all man. So that, even while He was so unpleased with man, fallen as they all are, whose every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually, God did not killed them all to the extinction of mankind.

Tong
R0961

You are right...I do not get "it"..."IT" being your babbling in circles, repeating yourself and inability to answer a Simple Question that would shed some light on your standing.

Try Again...(without your repetative commentary)

Do you believe ALL men Will Be Saved?

Reactions: Marymog

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
You are right...I do not get "it"..."IT" being your babbling in circles, repeating yourself and inability to answer a Simple Question that would shed some light on your standing.

Try Again...(without your repetative commentary)

Do you believe ALL men Will Be Saved?
Of course I am right that you don't get it. No one can say that you get what I am saying or not, other than me. And no one can explain to you what I said except me who said it.

Now, my answer to your question is: not all men will be saved. A simple question I thought you knew the answer to. But there is the answer. So how does that shed light on my standing?

Tong
R0967

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In this ONE single passage - your position goes right down the drain . . .

Matt. 23:37
“O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to it! How often would I have gathered your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and YOU WERE NOT WILLING!

In this ONE single passage - your position goes right down the drain . . .

Matt. 23:37
“O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to it! How often would I have gathered your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and YOU WERE NOT WILLING!

This is a perfect example of where the will of God is dashed by the free will of man.

It's a wonder you have no knowledge of Scripture as you do NOT understand Bible verses! You couldn't understand the Parable of the Prodigal Son, what makes you think you understand Matthew 23:37?

Note how God speaks of those in Jerusalem how they killed and stoned the prophets? Even if the people wanted to be gathered as the hen gathers her chicks they could not because they don't have the power nor the capacity to do so as per Romans 3 and Jeremiah 17:9. They are spiritually dead! Why can't you get this in your head that a person who is spiritually dead has no life in himself whatsoever?

To God Be The Glory

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Water baptism does not save you, but it is the start of one entering into the Church for the forgiveness of sins, most people never get to be truly born again, remember the narrow gate, there are few who find it.
Many people get gifts as to where they are at, as to understanding something of the Holy Spirit but they are still not truly born again, when one is truly born again there is no doubts in your mind who Jesus Christ truly is in fact and one still grows in Christ Jesus after you are truly born again, that never stops but one thing is that you never backslide away from Christ Jesus, he has you in his hand so to speak and no one can pluck you out.

In a Christian Nation one would think that all would be water baptised due to your mum and dad's responsibility as Christians. if they do not they are clearly out of line and degenerate in their duty to their children.
But outside of that one who comes to the Lord as a grown up, should be water baptised when one sees fit just as it was in John's days. this is what I come across many a time nowadays sadly but it should not be so, as ones mum and dad or ones Nation is backsliding as to their duty due to the works of Satan abound.
So people will kick off from that point and run with it. as if everyone was brought up as a bastard and they push this line only, now that could be true if one was born after the 1970's when the churches really started to backslide and many never bothered to go to Church.
But the thing is anyone who has respect for Jesus Christ will baptise their children, because they have faith, now if they do not have true faith they will not bother, because they do not respect what is involved in baptism of ones child, they are not going to bother in bring one up as a Christian and such as they are a blight on God and there children.
Baptism in Christianity is not a one off thing that is done and then that's it finished with, no ! it's your commitment to that child in fact to bring them up in the way of Christ Jesus.
Having said that, well there are children who have been baptised and forced to go to church and they never picked up on who Christ Jesus is and that's because of religion, people only being religious do not Save anyone, they think it's all about their religion. well it's not, it's about Jesus Christ and abiding in him only, the rest is rubbish mans works and dribble and that's why the children do not pick up on Christ Jesus, because they think it's all about religion and they can see that there is no value in religion.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
On who picks up on the gifts of the Holy Spirit and becomes Christian this way one can argue is ok but they are still not have the power of the water baptism to fall back on. so one would not reject water baptism if they were truly honest to God. if they peddle that water baptism is of no value they are of Satan.
The religious are not worthy of Christ Jesus regardless, as all they do is lead astray.

All people are religious regardless even all Atheist are religious, just because they make a claim does not make it true.

All people believe in God not one person does not believe the fact but they chose to reject such because they are weak minded and ignorant and that's a fact. we seen even the Devil himself believed but rebelled for a claim for himself to be the shining one, he tried to tempt Jesus Christ but Jesus put him in his place as nothing but a titch and that's all that such a one is. mans madness. one who is on the loose out of control like a mad dog or a Vampire draining people of their Life force. Jesus said that he was the God of the living and not the Dead. Jesus gives one life in abundance, he truly does and it's a gift ! with out him you are nothing but a curse a blight on the world, remember the millstone story. one has not truly lived until you are truly born again in the Holy Spirit. it's not a utopia it's about accepting the challenge and saying no to Sin, that's what makes one truly a Man or a Woman. we are not to be led astray by the temptations of this world to become dead beats floating about in the sewer, making claims of 40 genders and all the other nonsense, it's a creep show that just gets worse and worse but the thing that really gets me is that way that the people who demand you swallow it all or else they will try to destroy you with there blatant malice.
Malice would have to be the worst trait in a human, I truly despise malice. but I see such in people openly displaying such as if it was a power that they are proud of, what a disgrace. I think that it must be encouraged in the schools nowadays as I would not be surprised.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a wonder you have no knowledge of Scripture as you do NOT understand Bible verses! You couldn't understand the Parable of the Prodigal Son, what makes you think you understand Matthew 23:37?

Note how God speaks of those in Jerusalem how they killed and stoned the prophets? Even if the people wanted to be gathered as the hen gathers her chicks they could not because they don't have the power nor the capacity to do so as per Romans 3 and Jeremiah 17:9. They are spiritually dead! Why can't you get this in your head that a person who is spiritually dead has no life in himself whatsoever?

To God Be The Glory
The entire point of Matt. 23:37 is that even though it was God's WILL that they remain in Him - THEY were unwilling.
As for the Prodigal Son, HE came back on by his OWN choice - without coercion fro the Father.

It doesn't surprise me that a person so poisoned by the false doctrines of John Calvin would completely FAIL to understand these passages . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So why did you not answer my simple question?

Tong
R0968

* You had been posting your reasoning, without clarifying your Standing.
* I was curious about your Standing.
* I asked you a direct question about your Standing.
* You answered.
* I thanked you.
* You then asked "HOW" (?) your answer shed light on your Standing.
* Now you ask "WHY" I did not answer your question.

I chose to ignore your question to avoid focusing on your lack of common sense.
But since you insist:

A person's Standing, is their own position and belief on a Topic.

Shedding Light is the Revealing of a person's position/Standing on the Topic.

"HOW" you ask was your answer Shedding light on the Topic...
"was" you Busied your fingers on the keyboard and Revealed (shed light) on your Standing/position/Belief on the Topic!

You made a strange comment (post # 1302) to the effect that only you can explain your own self....(strange, since no one was attempting to explain "your words".)

And after you Answered a question in your Own Words...
You are ARE somehow "wondering" "HOW" and asking "HOW" I could possibly know "your own Standing"...

Bizarre!

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
* You had been posting your reasoning, without clarifying your Standing.
* I was curious about your Standing.
* I asked you a direct question about your Standing.
* You answered.
* I thanked you.
* You then asked "HOW" (?) your answer shed light on your Standing.
* Now you ask "WHY" I did not answer your question.

I chose to ignore your question to avoid focusing on your lack of common sense.
But since you insist:

A person's Standing, is their own position and belief on a Topic.

Shedding Light is the Revealing of a person's position/Standing on the Topic.

"HOW" you ask was your answer Shedding light on the Topic...
"was" you Busied your fingers on the keyboard and Revealed (shed light) on your Standing/position/Belief on the Topic!

You made a strange comment (post # 1302) to the effect that only you can explain your own self....(strange, since no one was attempting to explain "your words".)

And after you Answered a question in your Own Words...
You are ARE somehow "wondering" "HOW" and asking "HOW" I could possibly know "your own Standing"...

Bizarre!
Oh I've been clarifying my standing, but it seemed that you did not get it.

From my post #1286:

So, as I said "God's will, purpose, pleasure, and glory, is to save mankind." Not that God will save every individual man, but mankind, the creature kind, that is the kind of Adam.

From my post #1298:

God's will, purpose, pleasure, and glory is to save mankind. Mankind, to mean the creature (man) "kind", the kind of Adam, and not mankind to mean all man.

But even with that, you still don't get it and ask question which really does not shed light on my standing, but you think it will: Do you believe ALL men Will Be Saved?

So to satisfy you, I gave you a direct answer, even while my statements there answers your question. And in return I asked you how your question and answering your question shed light on my standing.

Bizarre...? Perhaps you did not understand the underlined statement above in my posts #1286 and #1298. That's why it comes strange to me why you even ask the question if I believe all men will be saved and insist an answer as though it was not clear in those statements I made.

Anyway, I hope you do now get what I was saying after I answered your simple question.

Tong
R0973

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh I've been clarifying my standing, but it seemed that you did not get it.

From my post #1286:

So, as I said "God's will, purpose, pleasure, and glory, is to save mankind." Not that God will save every individual man, but mankind, the creature kind, that is the kind of Adam.

From my post #1298:

God's will, purpose, pleasure, and glory is to save mankind. Mankind, to mean the creature (man) "kind", the kind of Adam, and not mankind to mean all man.

But even with that, you still don't get it and ask question which really does not shed light on my standing, but you think it will: Do you believe ALL men Will Be Saved?

So to satisfy you, I gave you a direct answer, even while my statements there answers your question. And in return I asked you how your question and answering your question shed light on my standing.

Bizarre...? Perhaps you did not understand the underlined statement above in my posts #1286 and #1298. That's why it comes strange to me why you even ask the question if I believe all men will be saved and insist an answer as though it was not clear in those statements I made.

Anyway, I hope you do now get what I was saying after I answered your simple question.

Tong
R0973

I suppose it was strange to you, since you Are the one aware of your own thoughts, regardless of how you express them.

Some people do believe it is Gods Will All Shall be Saved. You repeatedly said Gods Will, then clarified only those whose Kind is the Same as Adam.

Adams KIND is specifically an Earthly, Terrestrial, Man "KIND" of thing. As are All Earthly, Terrestrial, Man the same "KIND" of things AS Adam.

Your statement implied ONLY Adam KINDS of things would be Saved....that includes All of Man-KIND....but then stated it did Not include all.

You, as you said are the only one who can explain what you mean. But you didn't. No where did you mention WHAT "KIND" meant to you, regarding Adam.

John 3:
[31]... he that is of the earth is earthly
1 Cor 15:
[40] There are ... bodies terrestrial.

No, I do not believe all of mankind will be Saved.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
I suppose it was strange to you, since you Are the one aware of your own thoughts, regardless of how you express them.

Some people do believe it is Gods Will All Shall be Saved. You repeatedly said Gods Will, then clarified only those whose Kind is the Same as Adam.

Adams KIND is specifically an Earthly, Terrestrial, Man "KIND" of thing. As are All Earthly, Terrestrial, Man the same "KIND" of things AS Adam.

Your statement implied ONLY Adam KINDS of things would be Saved....that includes All of Man-KIND....but then stated it did Not include all.

You, as you said are the only one who can explain what you mean. But you didn't. No where did you mention WHAT "KIND" meant to you, regarding Adam.

John 3:
[31]... he that is of the earth is earthly
1 Cor 15:
[40] There are ... bodies terrestrial.

No, I do not believe all of mankind will be Saved.
So let me state again what I said:

*God's will, purpose, pleasure, and glory, is to save mankind.
*Mankind
, to mean the creature (man) "kind", the kind of Adam, and not mankind to mean all man.
*Not that God will save every individual man, but mankind, the creature kind, that is the kind of Adam.

I already explained in my post#1286 with reference to scriptures:

Genesis 6:5 Then the Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

That's mankind according to God.

6 And the Lord was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart. 7 So the Lord said, “I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth, both man and beast, creeping thing and birds of the air, for I am sorry that I have made them.”

That is God's judgement for mankind, the kind of Adam.

8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.

But God did not put mankind to extinction, which He could have. In giving grace to Noah and 7 of his family, God was saving mankind, that is the kind of Adam.

In my post #1298, I pointed out:

So that, even while He was so unpleased with man, fallen as they all are, whose every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually, God did not kill them all to the extinction of mankind.

And since you still not get it from that, let me add:

In Gen. 3, when Adam and Eve sinned, God could have killed them both. But He did not. If God did, then that means the end of the kind of Adam or of mankind. In Gen. 6, in the same sense, if God had killed all men, then that would be the end of the kind of Adam. And God could have done that. But He did not. WHY?

Obviously, His will, purpose, pleasure, and glory, is to save, and not destroy and put to end, the human kind, the only creature kind that He created in His own image, to whom He gave commandment to fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.” In saving Noah and his sons, together with their wives, and all other creatures (male and female) whom God told Noah to bring inside the ark, God saved the human kind. If you'll notice, this is what God told Noah after the flood: Gen. 9:1 So God blessed Noah and his sons, and said to them: “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth. 2 And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be on every beast of the earth, on every bird of the air, on all that move on the earth, and on all the fish of the sea. They are given into your hand. What He commanded Noah and his sons echoes what God commanded of Adam in the beginning in Gen. 1:28.

Having said that, it is understood that not all men then will be saved, but a remnant will be saved. A remnant chosen by the grace of God as foreshadowed by God's choosing of Noah and his family. And also revealed in there is how God saves the remnant, that is, by grace through faith, and whom God will save from the corruption of sin and from having to be cast in hell, and conforming them to the image of the Son, Jesus Christ.

Tong
R0977

Last edited:

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There are definitely divergent views about whether God will save everyone or not. Some say yes and some say no. I guess it is a case whether you subscribe to the Calvinist or the Armenian doctrine.

I subscribe to the view whilst there are still people outside of the Kingdom, There is a job for me to do. That does not mean I go out willy nilly and try and preach the gospel to all and sundry. I have a very strong conviction that God chose us before the foundation of the world so he knows those who are going to accept his offer of redemption. Those are the people that I want to meet as I know they have been prepared by the Spirit to hear his word and respond.

Many times I am led by the Spirit to share the gospel of the kingdom with people and I know that the seed will fall on good ground and bear fruit.

I don't concern myself with others as I don't want to waste my time trying to convince people that have very clearly turned their backs on the Lord.

They might get their second chance during the 1,000-year reign.

Reactions: Taken

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mt 7 Narrow is the way that leads to life and FEW there be who find it.
That's because there are FEW who genuinely trust in Jesus Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of their salvation. (John 3:16; 10:9; 14:16; Romans 4:5-6; Ephesians 2:8,9) Sadly, MANY trust in works for salvation and not in Jesus Christ alone.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mt 7 Narrow is the way that leads to life and FEW there be who find it.

All (Earthlings who have ever lived) will believe.

Prophecy:
Isa 45:
[23] I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.
Rom.14
[11] For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

Yet all WILL NOT be Saved.

^ that is Effected...because SALVATION is Given to a MAN whose Confession is Given During "the MANS" Living Life.
A man's Living LIFE is "his BLOOD".

All men become dead of "their BLOOD Life"

Some, Bodily Raised, by Gods Power, who Received a new spirit.
Some, Bodily Raised, by Gods Power, Without having Received a new spirit.
ALL of those Bodies Shall See the Son of man, bow and confess Belief...
And Those With the Lord Shall maintain spirit Life.
And Those Without the Lord (LIFE in their soul shall Return to God) and their Body and Soul be Destroyed.

Glory to God,
Taken

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The majority will not be saved.

Revelation 20:15
15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.