Salvation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mighty Bear

Oct 20, 2007
(SealedEternal;33584)
If you read the beginning of Genesis the three "heavens" are: first the sky where the birds fly , second outer space where the sun and stars are, and third the place where God dwells.SealedEternal
(Mighty Bear;33445)
The first heaven is the level of the archangels, where birds fly.The second heaven is where our Lord Jesus and our heavenly Father dwell, that's why our Lord Jesus existed even before the world was created.The third heaven is on earth, the temple of the Holy Spirit which is our bodies.And they all co-exist together.
Your interpretation is literal, mine is not.
smile.gif

Mighty Bear

Oct 20, 2007
(SealedEternal;33591)
Ok, but what evidence are you basing your non-literal interpretation on?SealedEternal
"He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible,whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities — all things were createdthrough him and for him." Colossians 1:15-16 (ESV)"All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made."John 1:3 (ESV)"No one has gone up to heaven except the one who came down from heaven, the Son of Man who is in heaven."John 3:13 (ISV)"For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell,"Colossians 1:19 (ESV)

SealedEternal

Jan 6, 2008
None of those verses even remotely imply what you're saying, so how can you call this "evidence"?SealedEternal

Mighty Bear

Oct 20, 2007
(SealedEternal;33734)
None of those verses even remotely imply what you're saying, so how can you call this "evidence"?SealedEternal
"Where shall I go from your Spirit?Or where shall I flee from your presence?If I ascend to heaven, you are there!If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there!"Psalms 139:7-8 (ESV)"No one has ever seen God; the only God, who is at the Father's side, he has made him known."John 1:18 (ESV)"Jesus said to him, 'Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?John 14:9 (ESV)"my little children, for whom I am again in the anguish of childbirth until Christ is formed in you!"Galatians 4:19 (ESV)