Sanctification is not a Process

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When Paul says that some (or many) of the Corinthian believers are "yet carnal", he is speaking of a constant state of spiritual poverty...of being NOT spiritual in Christ...at least not at that point.

How holy is someone who is "yet carnal"? Well, not at all. This is depressing to those who are looking to bury their initial talent of grace, thinking that is sufficient to be deemed as sanctified.

If people realized that this does not have to be the end result. At any time, people can seek God for the the full measure of grace. NO one is being judgmental when noticing the carnal behaviour of those who are still operating in an uncrucified flesh.

If that doesn't prove that a Romans 6 level of initial grace (the first talent) is insufficient for the walk in the fulness of God...nothing will. Burying that talent or seeking to preserve it (same thing) leads to rejection from God. We need to invest what we have been freely given as a sample and convert that into PURCHASING the oil that fills the lamp we have been given as the template of "Christ in you."

People are "yet carnal" until the carnal part of them is crucified...to allow the inner man to be freed and sanctified...thus becoming spiritual IN Christ. From there we walk IN Him.

What we are seeing on this thread....and others...is that those who are "yet carnal" are arguing that they have a partial sanctification...and that that is enough...rather than actually going to God to be sanctified. Look at all the antics we see here....is that not carnal?

Regardless, Paul says that the ones who are "spiritual" should help restore the others to a proper understanding and walk.

Now maybe in those days the carnal ones were less rebellious than the ones of today. But today, the spiritual in Christ are so rare...that entire swathes of what has become a neo-Christian religion are championing the status of the carnal AGAINST the spiritual in Christ. It is a spiritual battle...and we are seeing the modern church is losing it or has already lost that battle...to the evil that is infiltrating and overcoming the church... to the detriment of society as a whole. It is the sign of the times.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its a matter of removing ones presuppositions and allowing Gods spirit to speak to them. Thats out of our control. All we can do is point them to the truth and its up to them to submit to the truth and accept it, you can lead a horse to water but cannot make it drink as the saying goes. Our job is to bear witness to the truth. Jesus is the way the truth and the life and His words are spirit and truth. We can point them to Christ and its up to the Holy Spirit to convict them and lead them into that truth.
amen

Many have shown him.. thats why said good luck. Hopefully his eyes will be opened.

Reactions: ChristisGod

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Paul says that some (or many) of the Corinthian believers are "yet carnal", he is speaking of a constant state of spiritual poverty...of being NOT spiritual in Christ...at least not at that point.

How holy is someone who is "yet carnal"? Well, not at all. This is depressing to those who are looking to bury their initial talent of grace, thinking that is sufficient to be deemed as sanctified.

If people realized that this does not have to be the end result. At any time, people can seek God for the the full measure of grace. NO one is being judgmental when noticing the carnal behaviour of those who are still operating in an uncrucified flesh.

If that doesn't prove that a Romans 6 level of initial grace (the first talent) is insufficient for the walk in the fulness of God...nothing will. Burying that talent or seeking to preserve it (same thing) leads to rejection from God. We need to invest what we have been freely given as a sample and convert that into PURCHASING the oil that fills the lamp we have been given as the template of "Christ in you."

People are "yet carnal" until the carnal part of them is crucified...to allow the inner man to be freed and sanctified...thus becoming spiritual IN Christ. From there we walk IN Him.

What we are seeing on this thread....and others...is that those who are "yet carnal" are arguing that they have a partial sanctification...and that that is enough...rather than actually going to God to be sanctified. Look at all the antics we see here....is that not carnal?

Regardless, Paul says that the ones who are "spiritual" should help restore the others to a proper understanding and walk.

Now maybe in those days the carnal ones were less rebellious than the ones of today. But today, the spiritual in Christ are so rare...that entire swathes of what has become a neo-Christian religion are championing the status of the carnal AGAINST the spiritual in Christ. It is a spiritual battle...and we are seeing the modern church is losing it or has already lost that battle...to the evil that is infiltrating and overcoming the church... to the detriment of society as a whole. It is the sign of the times.
Yet these were blood washed. Born again, Bible believing christians he called children in christ.

You can't explain this away as if they are still lost and in a carnal state..

Reactions: ChristisGod

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Can you define Spiritual since you use the word all of the time.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet these were blood washed. Born again, Bible believing christians he called children in christ.

You can't explain this away as if they are still lost and in a carnal state..
It runs in opposition to his one time for all sanctification idea. Another dilemma

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This has to be understood as preserving something that you have already. No one can obey the Lord so well that they become as holy as Jesus by that effort.
1 Peter 1:16
For it is written, "You must be holy, because I am holy."

1 Thessalonians 4:7
For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It runs in opposition to his one time for all sanctification idea. Another dilemma
and such were some of you. but you were washed, you were sanctified and you were justified in the name of Jesus.

They were sanctified one time. perfected as being in Christ.

yet they still struggled with sin and were still babes.. Because they still had to grow in Christ. we call this ongoing conditional sanctification

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one can obey the Lord so well that they become as holy as Jesus by that effort.

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.” (John 14:12)

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can I ask what is your definition of a prophet ? Thanks !
Perhaps taking this question to The Lord in prayer will help you. I have found that over the years when ever I had questions, I asked Him, and He was faithful to either explain or show me the truth of a matter. It is not what I think about a matter, but it is what He has said about a matter. If there is one area in us that is not complete, or lacking, will He not address it, in it's season? Do you notice how I am pointing away from me(who is nothing) and pointing to Him(which is all). He is our teacher as He has promised to be. When we are all taught of Him we will all be of One accord having the same Truth, as The Truth can only be found in Jesus. Hope this helps. And no this is not mocking, as Love does not mock but builds up and edifies. I truly hope it helps. Blessings!

Reactions: marks

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and such were some of you. but you were washed, you were sanctified and you were justified in the name of Jesus.

They were sanctified one time. perfected as being in Christ.

yet they still struggled with sin and were still babes.. Because they still had to grow in Christ. we call this ongoing conditional sanctification
Exactly !

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps taking this question to The Lord in prayer will help you. I have found that over the years when ever I had questions, I asked Him, and He was faithful to either explain or show me the truth of a matter. It is not what I think about a matter, but it is what He has said about a matter. If there is one area in us that is not complete, or lacking, will He not address it, in it's season? Do you notice how I am pointing away from me(who is nothing) and pointing to Him(which is all). He is our teacher as He has promised to be. When we are all taught of Him we will all be of One accord having the same Truth, as The Truth can only be found in Jesus. Hope this helps. And no this is not mocking, as Love does not mock but builds up and edifies. I truly hope it helps. Blessings!
If you do not know the definition of a prophet from scripture then how can you discern if she was a prophet ?

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess no one in the OT was saved, Because no one believed that Jesus died for them

They were saved after this happened:

“…for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.” (1 Peter 4:6)

“For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.” (1 Peter 3:18-20)

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Can you define Spiritual since you use the word all of the time.
I have only tried to do that hundreds of times :rolleyes:. The problem doesn't lie in my communication skills...but in your ability to understand something fully out of your grasp.

Being spiritual in Christ is to walk as He walked...by abiding in Him...and living while still in the flesh with an eternal resurrection life anointing ON TOP of our ordinary lives...or PUTTING ON CHRIST....so that we see the world through the eyes of Christ. Walking in Zion means we are walking in 2 dimensions at once.

Walking IN Him means we have entered into Him to see FROM Him. This gives the saint (sanctified one) ...the mind of Christ.

Of course, to the carnal man, this makes no sense at all. But neither does raising the dead and healing the sick.

Rather than submit oneself to the Lord and seek for His grace...the modern carnal ones have taken over the church trying to get rights for the outer man..who is already under a sentence of death. We are to surrender our outer man ...offering ourselves up as a living sacrifice...to have him crucified.

For the non-mockers here...I will say that if we don't present ourselves to be crucified...or cut in 2..while still claiming to be spiritual (or half-sanctified) in Christ...then on judgment day we will be cut asunder (in 2) and have our (inner man) portion thrown in with the hypocrites. There will be weeping and anger.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Laurina

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have only tried to do that hundreds of times :rolleyes:. The problem doesn't lie in my communication skills...but in your ability to understand something fully out of your grasp.

Being spiritual in Christ is to walk as He walked...by abiding in Him...and living while still in the flesh with an eternal resurrection life anointing ON TOP of our ordinary lives...or PUTTING ON CHRIST....so that we see the world through the eyes of Christ. Walking in Zion means we are walking in 2 dimensions at once.

Walking IN Him means we have entered into Him to see FROM Him. This gives the saint (sanctified one) ...the mind of Christ.

Of course, to the carnal man, this makes no sense at all. But neither does raising the dead and healing the sick.

Rather than submit oneself to the Lord and seek for His grace...the modern carnal ones have taken over the church trying to get rights for the outer man..who is already under a sentence of death. We are to surrender our outer man ...offering ourselves up as a living sacrifice...to have him crucified.

For the non-mockers here...I will say that if we don't present ourselves to be crucified...or cut in 2..while still claiming to be spiritual (or half-sanctified) in Christ...then on judgment day we will be cut asunder (in 2) and have our (inner man) portion thrown in with the hypocrites. There will be weeping and anger.
so can you explain why you have only been spiritual 2 times, and why Stunned has never been spiritual then?