Santa Claus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Got out and got more supplies.

Got Gran Marnier centers made...gave them an extra kick of crystalized ginger and orange zest.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay so now that the Christmas season has officially begun for me, I just have to ask this question. Why do a lot of Christians have such a problem with the jolly old fat guy in the red suit and black boots? Don't you guys realize that the spirit of Santa Claus and giving is what Jesus Christ is all about and what He taught?

Also the argument that Santa Claus is a "lie" we tell our children,.. there's a HUGE difference telling them a traditional story and telling them that it's real. They choose to believe it and it only becomes a lie when they're old enough to start asking questions and parents tell them that it's true. I was told about Santa Claus and his reindeer when I was a little kid and it didn't scar me for life. I say that as long as we tell our children what and WHO Christmas is really about to let them have fun and use their imaginations.

Amen sister,
I grew up with 6 brothers and sisters. Christmas was a magical time for us. And...it did NOT take us long to figure out that Santa was only a fairy tale but, we still so loved it. My parents did not have a lot of money but, they did the best they could and, it brings back so many memories of old that I cannot even believe it still brings back that childish and joyful feeling. We were most certainly told that Jesus birth was what Christmas was all about at a certain age but...seems every year one or the other of us just knew...and we looked for the hidden gifts to shake, lol. But then, we dared not ever open one!!! Then we would try our best to cover the gifts hidden, usually in the basement, best we could so we would not get caught :O

I grew up Catholic. Right up to my confirmation when my Mother switched to Lutheran. She became born again during a Koinonia camp. And, I can say that in her group picture, I don't think I ever saw her happier. I still have that pic and cherish it. She was a woman that exhibited and lived by the "fruit of the Spirit", as a whole because she WAS ALL of the attributes of the "fruit"...no plural there... ;)

Even though it has been a few decades since I've ever "felt" that particular way...my memories are still there.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And when little kids who believe in Santa find out it's lie, they also think Jesus is a lie.

I am not going over this again as I already explained my views on that part. :rolleyes:

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's been a long time ago. 5 or 6 maybe.

That's kind of young to be told something like that. In my own personal opinion anyways. Older kids understand it a lot better as they simply just grow out of it. I was ten when I stopped believing in Santa Claus.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's kind of young to be told something like that. In my own personal opinion anyways. Older kids understand it a lot better as they simply just grow out of it. I was ten when I stopped believing in Santa Claus.
I guess my daughter didn't know but to tell it like it was. A LIE!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And when little kids who believe in Santa find out it's lie, they also think Jesus is a lie.
That is a generalization that is not true. I remember when I really discovered that Santa Claus was not what people, including parents, were saying... but I already knew as no one else in my immediate family knew that God had something good for those who would love Him!

Reactions: April_Rose

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay so now that the Christmas season has officially begun for me, I just have to ask this question. Why do a lot of Christians have such a problem with the jolly old fat guy in the red suit and black boots? Don't you guys realize that the spirit of Santa Claus and giving is what Jesus Christ is all about and what He taught?

Also the argument that Santa Claus is a "lie" we tell our children,.. there's a HUGE difference telling them a traditional story and telling them that it's real. They choose to believe it and it only becomes a lie when they're old enough to start asking questions and parents tell them that it's true. I was told about Santa Claus and his reindeer when I was a little kid and it didn't scar me for life. I say that as long as we tell our children what and WHO Christmas is really about to let them have fun and use their imaginations.

Taking what is pagan and combining it with The True God and what relates to the True God, such as his Only Begotten Sons birth in Jerusalem has always been looked at with disapproval when it comes to the True God. Satan and his demons have nothing in common with the True God.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jeremiah 10 (KJV)
2 Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them. 3 For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe. 4 They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

Hmm. That sounds familiar.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just can't resist a little bit of trolling. :D (Good kind of course LOL)

Reactions: amadeus

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess my daughter didn't know but to tell it like it was. A LIE!

I've told my son...
"Those who don't believe,
Don't receive"

So to this day in my earshot he will not admit that Santa doesn't exist...

Reactions: April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My son is like 23 now...

I think that it will be hilarious when he's married and has kids and still says the exact same thing.

What does that have to do with my post? I just really enjoy being an instigator. :D