Satan - who was he in the book of Job?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God didn't bruise anyone but himself, what no one could do he himself did.

The son was just his earthly body, but his spirit was God himself.

It was God hanging up on that cross.

That's a whole lot of crazy going on there!

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I like the commentary from the American Bible Commentary - Job.

Job 42:11 uses the word evil which the AV has translated and while the events of Jobs life would appear evil the word carries a deeper meaning.

"Trouble” is rendered “evil” in the older translations, but the Hebrew word (rāʿ) is also the opposite of “prosperity/peace/well-being” (šālôm) as Isa 45:7 indicates.

God brought trouble upon Job.

No need for an agent of evil when God can perfectly discipline his children for their improvement.

He creates calamity; I am the Lord, who does all these things.

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God didn't bruise anyone but himself, what no one could do he himself did.

The son was just his earthly body, but his spirit was God himself.

It was God hanging up on that cross.
Excellent deduction Watson, i mean breathofdesire. you're 100% correct. Ah...... it's so refreshing to hear the truth.

keep up the good wok, and may bless you.

breathofdesire

Sep 12, 2017
Queensland
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I like the commentary from the American Bible Commentary - Job.

Job 42:11 uses the word evil which the AV has translated and while the events of Jobs life would appear evil the word carries a deeper meaning.

"Trouble” is rendered “evil” in the older translations, but the Hebrew word (rāʿ) is also the opposite of “prosperity/peace/well-being” (šālôm) as Isa 45:7 indicates.
face2face, if you already have an idea how to tie all these inconsistencies together. Why don't you just teach what you know, instead of asking questions when you already know the answer to them.

I can't
Excellent deduction Watson, i mean breathofdesire. you're 100% correct. Ah...... it's so refreshing to hear the truth.

keep up the good wok, and may bless you.
I didn't think I was 100% correct, just trying to fill in the blanks.

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Lesson we take — We are not all equal now in talents or temporal possessions. We must trust God and believe that the angels know what they are doing in our individual situations, and that we are being trained by it for eternity.

Trouble is, now, when I read your posts I have no idea which "god" you are speaking about as you see God and the Devil as ONE!!! Isaiah 5:20
" Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!"
Do you ever consider that just maybe you have 'bought a lemon'? :confused:
It is obvious in reading Job that God brought attention to Job because Job was self-righteous. He sacrificed like a crazy man to "keep God appeased" as he thought....God, in hard love, needed to show him that...which He did..and doubly blessed him.
As for the weak argument that there was a day when the "sons of God" presented themselves before the Lord....and they were humans...phuttt! It has not happened yet! That is such a far reach...very weak.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The saving grace in all this is reminding myself that this IS in the Unorthodox Doctrine thread. :D No wonder there is a whole lot of crazy going on. Ha!

. . . . . .
653.gif

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would seem that our friend, @face2face is speaking of the "left hand of God" versus the "right hand of God". For example, Pharaoh of Egypt in the time of Moses was working as the left hand of God while Moses was the right.

In God's overall plan I believe that are some negative parts which correspond to the cursings resulting from following man's ways instead of the blessings resulting from following God's Way. Nevertheless God did set the whole plan into place. Jesus explains it here:

"And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:" Matt 25:32-34

"Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:" Matt 25:41

Reactions: bbyrd009

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The saving grace in all this is reminding myself that this IS in the Unorthodox Doctrine thread. :D No wonder there is a whole lot of crazy going on. Ha!

. . . . . .
653.gif

This is still a christian site and this individual is attempting to teach blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is acceptable. The only sin that is unforgivable and he's teaching that the works of the devil are the works of God.

I wonder how many kids and new born believers are soaking this up?

All of his threads on this topic should be deleted because they are an outright lie. There is nothing whatsoever edifying about anything this individual posts.

He's teaching Satanism.

o

Reactions: Dcopymope and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is still a christian site and this individual is attempting to teach blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is acceptable. The only sin that is unforgivable and he's teaching that the works of the devil are the works of God.

I wonder how many kids and new born believers are soaking this up?

All of his threads on this topic should be deleted because they are an outright lie. There is nothing whatsoever edifying about anything this individual posts.

He's teaching Satanism.

o

Hmmm good thought..so have you reported it and asked them to delete it.
I agree with you.
@lforrest is pretty good at coming on site regularly...he will probably catch it. Hopefully.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Always good to gauge Gods heart on the matter, before trashing a whole lot of peoples work.

Thats what it is all about...the Mods ( or Mod in this case) will check and decide , he is good, and none of them here are hard-nosed, but are well balanced, you can trust them to do the right thing....promise. ;)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
J
It would seem that our friend, @face2face is speaking of the "left hand of God" versus the "right hand of God". For example, Pharaoh of Egypt in the time of Moses was working as the left hand of God while Moses was the right.

In God's overall plan I believe that are some negative parts which correspond to the cursings resulting from following man's ways instead of the blessings resulting from following God's Way. Nevertheless God did set the whole plan into place. Jesus explains it here:

"And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:" Matt 25:32-34

"Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:" Matt 25:41

Yes, we know that ....but like Job mentioned...many others ' off Site' read this...
F2F did say that 'God Was Satan' and that they are the same.
He never did answer how ...could God throw Himself into the lake of fire.
Or, How a just God can punish Satan whom He prepared the fire for....if Satan was doing a good job of being His servant ...let alone being Himself..
But...who am I , I don't really know anything. If God's own wonderful Plan for us , was that the Great Creator became our Saviour...maybe this guy is right , and EVERYTHING ..is GOD!!!!!!! o_O

Reactions: GodsGrace

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
J

Yes, we know that ....but like Job mentioned...many others ' off Site' read this...
F2F did say that 'God Was Satan' and that they are the same.
He never did answer how ...could God throw Himself into the lake of fire.
Or, How a just God can punish Satan whom He prepared the fire for....if Satan was doing a good job of being His servant ...let alone being Himself..
But...who am I , I don't really know anything. If God's own wonderful Plan for us , was that the Great Creator became our Saviour...maybe this guy is right , and EVERYTHING ..is GOD!!!!!!! o_O
Unfortunately some people will take one little point in a certain direction a build wall with it. God is beyond us, but, I believe that He is good, even if He has allowed evil to exist.

Reactions: Helen

breathofdesire

Sep 12, 2017
Queensland
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Unfortunately some people will take one little point in a certain direction a build wall with it. God is beyond us, but, I believe that He is good, even if He has allowed evil to exist.
I think God uses our own evil against us, rather than create evil it self.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Always good to gauge Gods heart on the matter, before trashing a whole lot of peoples work.

That kind of "work" doesn't belong on a christian forum. If you guys want blaspheme the Lord, go do it someplace else.

o

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Now for something completely different:
This is true BoD.
"Nothing changes on New Year's Day"
U2