Saturday night and Sunday morning After Passover

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My response is that passage has nothing at all to do with the resurrection of Jesus from the tomb.
GINOLJC to all.
first thanks for the reply, second, not from the tomb but from the DEAD.

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there are 12 hour in a day. the bible clearly states that Jesus will rise the THIRD DAY. and he was crucified on Wednesday. at even sun going down, was put into a tomb. from wed even at sun going down to saturday even at sun going down are 3 complete days and 3 complete nights. the women just found the tomb empty on the next DAY after the sabbath.

PICJAG.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
In its literal translation, it reads like this Mar 16:9 And having risen early on the first of the sabbath, He first appeared to Mary Magdalene, from whom He had cast out seven demons.

And I don't use the word Sabbatohn. I just quote what the Greek says in its context. And I have no bias as I do not study topics that I have already worked out and got organised. I study because I want to learn and discover.

First you are solidly biased. Only an ossified mind can say, <<I do not study topics that I have already worked out and got organised. I study because I want to learn and discover>>... but then do just the opposite, refuse to learn and discover from anyone than yourself. That is what biased means and you have defined it perfectly.

Then, <<having risen early on the first of the sabbath>> is no <literal translation> because a literal translation of an IDIOM is impossible besides being totally senseless. What is <<the first of the sabbath>>, the first what of the Sabbath?
But what you do prove for fact with this attempt of yours to evade the meaning of NT, Christian, Hellenistic, Greek Idiom, is that it is impossible to distinguish different meanings of the same idiomatic, Singular 'sabbatou' or Plural 'sabbatohn', because both mean the same <literal> thing, "of-the-week".

Therefore WHAT <the Greek says in its context>, originally, is consensus, "on the First Day of the week" the exact thing the Greek says in the only record of the actual event where Jesus first appeared to Mary Magdalene— in accordance with the CONTEXT, when the gardener started his daily duties "on the First Day of the week" - Τῇ δὲ μιᾷ τῶν σαββάτων— John 20:1 and 11 on, which naturally, literally, is, "early in the day", in this case, "early on the First Day-of-the-week"—Mark 16:9.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
there are 12 hour in a day. the bible clearly states that Jesus will rise the THIRD DAY. and he was crucified on Wednesday. at even sun going down, was put into a tomb. from wed even at sun going down to saturday even at sun going down are 3 complete days and 3 complete nights. the women just found the tomb empty on the next DAY after the sabbath.

No, zero, 0, sultsch Scripture.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, zero, 0, sultsch Scripture.
ERROR on your Part in two points.

Point #1. the Lord Jesus said, listen, John 11:9 "Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world". are you saying that you're a follower of Christ? well why not believe him? ...well

Point #2. Im also suprise that you didn't know that the first "DAY" in Mark 16:9 was the "FIRST" day. I'm glad the Lord Jesus let me answer the way I did. listen real good, Mark 16:9 "Now when Jesus was risen early the first "day" of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils".

now let us explain your and many more, and especially the scholars you're listening to. scripture, John 20:19 "Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you". BINGO, see how easy that was to understand? you didn't do what the Bible say do, listen, Isaiah 28:10 "For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:
Isaiah 28:11 "For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people".

see GerhardEbersoehn, you didn't ask God for the revelation. as always never "asume", unless implied with scripture to back it up. so yes, it was the First "DAY" of week.

that's why we have 4 gospels, or four accounts of an event.

so as you said, "zero, 0", which you need to start back oever with.

PICJAG.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
ERROR on your Part in two points.

Point #1. the Lord Jesus said, listen, John 11:9 "Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world". are you saying that you're a follower of Christ? well why not believe him? ...well

Point #2. Im also suprise that you didn't know that the first "DAY" in Mark 16:9 was the "FIRST" day. I'm glad the Lord Jesus let me answer the way I did. listen real good, Mark 16:9 "Now when Jesus was risen early the first "day" of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils".

now let us explain your and many more, and especially the scholars you're listening to. scripture, John 20:19 "Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you". BINGO, see how easy that was to understand? you didn't do what the Bible say do, listen, Isaiah 28:10 "For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:
Isaiah 28:11 "For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people".

see GerhardEbersoehn, you didn't ask God for the revelation. as always never "asume", unless implied with scripture to back it up. so yes, it was the First "DAY" of week.

so as you said, "zero, 0", which you need to start back oever with.

PICJAG.

What does <PICJAG> mean? Piksteel? A piksteel of wood? What wood?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does <PICJAG> mean? Piksteel? A piksteel of wood? What wood?
First thanks for the reply, second NO, PICJAG it's an acronym I used and the Lord Jesus Allowed me to used when I end a post. it stand for,

Peace
In
Christ
Jesus
the, no "T" as in no more cross
Almighty
God

and if you see this from me, "GINOLJC", it's an acronym I use only once a day when I first come on to the site. it's a GREETING, it stand for,
Greeting
In
the, no "T"
Name
Of
the, no "T"
Lord
Jesus
the, no "T"
Christ

this was approved unto me by the Lord Jesus using a simple principle of FAITH, Matthew 25:21 "His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord".

I greeted people when I come on the site. and when I end a post I bless in Christ Jesus Name. so I been faithful in doing so, and he has blessed me with his Knowledge, and Understanding in his WORD. be faithful in a little, and he'll make you ruler of a lot.
the principle of FAITH works.

PICJAG.

Reactions: amadeus

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
First you are solidly biased. Only an ossified mind can say, <<I do not study topics that I have already worked out and got organised. I study because I want to learn and discover>>... but then do just the opposite, refuse to learn and discover from anyone than yourself. That is what biased means and you have defined it perfectly.

Then, <<having risen early on the first of the sabbath>> is no <literal translation> because a literal translation of an IDIOM is impossible besides being totally senseless. What is <<the first of the sabbath>>, the first what of the Sabbath?
But what you do prove for fact with this attempt of yours to evade the meaning of NT, Christian, Hellenistic, Greek Idiom, is that it is impossible to distinguish different meanings of the same idiomatic, Singular 'sabbatou' or Plural 'sabbatohn', because both mean the same <literal> thing, "of-the-week".

Therefore WHAT <the Greek says in its context>, originally, is consensus, "on the First Day of the week" the exact thing the Greek says in the only record of the actual event where Jesus first appeared to Mary Magdalene— in accordance with the CONTEXT, when the gardener started his daily duties "on the First Day of the week" - Τῇ δὲ μιᾷ τῶν σαββάτων— John 20:1 and 11 on, which naturally, literally, is, "early in the day", in this case, "early on the First Day-of-the-week"—Mark 16:9.

As you seem to know everything, do tell me.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
First thanks for the reply, second NO, PICJAG it's an acronym I used and the Lord Jesus Allowed me to used when I end a post. it stand for,

Peace
In
Christ
Jesus
the, no "T" as in no more cross
Almighty
God

and if you see this from me, "GINOLJC", it's an acronym I use only once a day when I first come on to the site. it's a GREETING, it stand for,
Greeting
In
the, no "T"
Name
Of
the, no "T"
Lord
Jesus
the, no "T"
Christ

this was approved unto me by the Lord Jesus using a simple principle of FAITH, Matthew 25:21 "His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord".

I greeted people when I come on the site. and when I end a post I bless in Christ Jesus Name. so I been faithful in doing so, and he has blessed me with his Knowledge, and Understanding in his WORD. be faithful in a little, and he'll make you ruler of a lot.
the principle of FAITH works.

PICJAG.

An unique Confession of Faith for sure! God bless you (Are you Russian?)

Nevertheless I'll give you hell if anything you do or say contradicts Scripture. 'Cause that is, my, 'calling' I believe. NOT because I am a 'verbitterde ou man' as many have called me, but because I, and I believe God let me, oathed at the beginning - when I at young age started my life's oevre, 'The Lord's Day in the Covenant of Grace' - one thing, to BE HONEST WITH SCRIPTURE!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

The PICJAG insinuating, no, saying, because not following HIS rabble, I, GE, am no <follower of Christ>, and do <not believe him>. I warned you, if you can judge me, I will, tell you, Go to hell!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

If ever there was much ado about nothing... no... bull man! YOU listen real good, 'Anastas' is no Verb, is no Passive and what's worse is that you have no grasp on the English of the KJV, "was risen" which is an Adjectival Adverbial—a PARTICIPLE - JUST LIKE THE GREEK 'ANASTAS'. Goodness, that you have the audacity to teach and preach with not a rudimentary knowledge of the language medium you are using! WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STOP YOU BLURTING OUT YOUR INCOMPETENCE?!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
now let us explain your and many more, and especially the scholars you're listening to. scripture, John 20:19 "Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you". BINGO, see how easy that was to understand?

Here I may show you mercy because the KJV is NOT GOOD. "Being the evening with regard to the (past or passed) First Day of the week..." See how easily that was misunderstood? But you're not to be blamed. Prejudiced translators are.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
do, listen, Isaiah 28:10 "For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

Now do listen, this exactly, says Isaiah! is NOT the way to speak to God's people because, wrote Isaiah! this was how the DRUNKEN PRIESTS the workers of iniquity, spoke to God's people!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If ever there was much ado about nothing... no... bull man! YOU listen real good, 'Anastas' is no Verb, is no Passive and what's worse is that you have no grasp on the English of the KJV, "was risen" which is an Adjectival Adverbial—a PARTICIPLE - JUST LIKE THE GREEK 'ANASTAS'. Goodness, that you have the audacity to teach and preach with not a rudimentary knowledge of the language medium you are using! WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STOP YOU BLURTING OUT YOUR INCOMPETENCE?!

Mat 11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.
Mat 11:26 Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight.

some people will never see.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
o yes, it was the First "DAY" of week.

WHICH, WHAT, <<event>>? WHICH <<four accounts of>>. Do you actually mean four accounts of several events constituting the single event of Jesus' Resurrection on the First Day of the week SIMULTANOUS with the women's and the angels' 'EYE-WITNESSING' of it?
You even fail in subtlety. Come back to earth; accept you and all the rest have all the way been wrong, and Scripture only all the way has been right.