Saved By Fear?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm the main character
I joined another forum in the past to catch the people using wrong doctrine and correcting them
All it did was get me banned

Copy that......thanks for sharing..

I once was on another chat room and there was a roving forum religious inspector (IG) of the truth, an elderly man. He would roam the forums on the lookout for any posts that did not suit his doctrine. He was a very annoying person. He was part of the staff with a mission to weed and try to eliminate anti-Trinitarians.

He would constantly contest scripture with me that he blatantly misapplied. If I ignored him he would 'bump' his post in my face all the time. He used to tell me, people from
all
over the world are seeing your posts, and I was stopping them from knowing God. He kept saying I was a JW and I never was ever, although he convinced himself I was one. He even said he has been eliminating false doctrine of the JWs for decades. Eventually I got banned for telling the truth and possibly because I kept upstaging him. Oh well.

APAK

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
when I run into a road block, I confront the person and start asking what they believe and why
When they are forced into the middle of the conversation, they usually disappear
It's already happened on this forum

Reactions: APAK

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Could Adam and Eve, spiritually dead, respond to God with their free will? See Ge 3:8-13 NIV Oz

Genesis 3:8-13
8 And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.

Why did they hide? Is it because they had done wrong?

9 And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?

As if God didn’t know?

10 And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.

How did Adam know he was naked? Because Scripture teaches to be naked means to be under God’s judgment.

11 And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?

The command NOT to eat from the tree of good and evil! Which person in the Godhead experienced “good and evil”, and who do you suppose we eat from?’

12 And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.

\Who had the greater sin, Adam or Eve? Seems to me this is “passing the buck” so to speak.

\13 And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.

Did Eve sin because the serpent deceived her, or did she sin because she disobeyed God? A classic picture of “free will” if I may say so!

After man sinned in the Garden he lost all kinds of communications with God unless God intervenes in his life. Forced? Maybe so, but I would rather be forced to heaven than have my pride/ego intact and go to hell!

You claim to be a Bible teacher, do you “get” what I’ve shared above and elsewhere on this thread?

I urge you to read my posts. You might get a different perspective.

To God Be The Glory

Reactions: APAK

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NO. Unless you worship 40 differnt Gods which one is it, NIV KJ NKJ NSV ASV .... which God do you worship. I can buy a manual about how to fix cars, it may mention Fords, that does not make it a book about Fords. God doesnt change so pick your God

Just because I believe the Bible to be the written Word of God does not make the Bible God. Nor does it mean I worship the Bible. It means I have the same opinion of the Bible that God does Who gave it. I place the same importance upon it as God does.

It is only because it is the Word of God that I use it to develop doctrine, to reproof, to correct, and to instruct. If it is not the written Word of God it would be valueless to use it for these reasons.

No matter what the translation, we have the manuscripts to compare to. To reject the Bible as the Word of God just because there are different translations of it is ridiculous.

You on the other hand reject the Bible as the Word of God yet constantly quote it and use it to prove your 'correct' doctrine or beliefs. Oxymoronic. And when you do that, you use a certain translation. So which, according to you, god do you worship? Don't lie and say, as you have in the past, that you use it just because others use it. You use it because you have nothing else to use. The Spirit of God has not given you any other revelation than that which is in the Bible. Your doctrine will be based upon the Bible whether you like it or not.

Tell me some great things about God and Jesus Christ and the Church or Israel, or the end times that is the Word of God that you received but are not found in the Bible. And tell how you received that information.

Stranger

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It means I have the same opinion of the Bible that God does Who gave it
No you have the opinon of the bible that mankind gave it, and because you say it is from God it keeps you from God that makes it a God because you put it first before Him who is teh truth, that makes it an idol. You will never find "life: in the bible because our life is in Jesus who is theword of God.

It is only because it is the Word of God that I use it to develop doctrine, to reproof, to correct, and to instruct. If it is not the written Word of God it would be valueless to use it for these reasons.

And that is why you get it wrong because you rely on your own wisdom, understanding and you wont ask God, because He might tell you you are wrong, God cannot disagree with His word, the bible is another matter...

You have already said you dont believe anything else, that leaves out revelation which comes from God alone.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No you have the opinon of the bible that mankind gave it, and because you say it is from God it keeps you from God that makes it a God because you put it first before Him who is teh truth, that makes it an idol. You will never find "life: in the bible because our life is in Jesus who is theword of God.

And that is why you get it wrong because you rely on your own wisdom, understanding and you wont ask God, because He might tell you you are wrong, God cannot disagree with His word, the bible is another matter...

You have already said you dont believe anything else, that leaves out revelation which comes from God alone.

You say I get it wrong but ignore most of my post. You ignore that which pertains to your oxymoronic use of the Bible. Again I ask, tell me what is your doctrine concerning the God, Christ, the Church, Israel, and last day events, and how it differs from the Bible. Tell me where it came from.

If you don't believe the Bible is the Word of God, as you claim, then get rid of it. Throw it away. Quit quoting it. Quote the revelation you have received from God. Quit being a hypocrite and oxymoron.

Stranger

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you don't believe the Bible is the Word of God, as you claim, then get rid of it. Throw it away. Quit quoting it. Quote the revelation you have received from God. Quit being a hypocrite and oxymoron.
You dont listen to God what else do I have, you know what is says,

Luk 16:31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

it wont matter what anyone tells you, the bible is your God you wont listen to Him because you believe you have it all, when everything is in Jesus.

Rev_3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

and that is where most learned men stay. Afraid to ask God lest they be found out to be foolish.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You dont listen to God what else do I have, you know what is says,

Luk 16:31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

it wont matter what anyone tells you, the bible is your God you wont listen to Him because you believe you have it all, when everything is in Jesus.

Rev_3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

and that is where most learned men stay. Afraid to ask God lest they be found out to be foolish.

See, you have nothing. You have to lie now and say you have to use the Bible because that is what I believe. Well, the problem with that is that I don't believe you when you do use the Bible because you don't believe the Bible.

You continue in your oxymoronic state. Give me something new. Something that God gave you that I must know.

Quit being a hypocrite.

Stranger

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
See, you have nothing. You have to lie now and say you have to use the Bible because that is what I believe. Well, the problem with that is that I don't believe you when you do use the Bible because you don't believe the Bible.

You continue in your oxymoronic state. Give me something new. Something that God gave you that I must know.

Quit being a hypocrite.

Stranger
Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
Joh 5:41 I receive not honour from men.

like I said you refuse His council.... Would rather be called a "fool" by christians than find out im a fool from God.

Mat_11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

but you wont because you dont believe He talks to men.

Mat_16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

and why so many know nothing

get angry no skin off my nose, but you will be held accountable for all you lead astray.

1Co_2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

but you dont believe in such things do you...

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
GOdsGrace: Just God back from the movie Paul (the apostle). It is a great movie, go and see it if you can. There is one scene there with Paul and a Roman that suggests we do not have free will to choose God even though we feel remorse and sorrow inside.
First of all, I don't get all the movies you do.
Second, I don't go by movies...I go by two things:
1. What the bible teaches. It's plain and simple and that's how it should be read.
2. I've learned from two mainline churches that agree with each other on theological matters (the nature and teachings of God) and which go along with how I've read the N.T.

I stand by this. So many here say they learn from the Holy Spirit. Then why do we have different beliefs? Is God trying to confuse us? No, it's because we read our own understandings into scripture...we need the help of theologians that have studied for years.

Reactions: OzSpen

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
It bears repeating. People just don’t know how to read let alone understand Scriptures.

Normally when so-called “Christians” speak of “free will” what they really mean is they have a free will to choose for God, not understanding they can’t because they are spiritually dead.

Paul does not agree with you.

Sure he does. He wrote Ephesians Chapters I and II especially for those that think they have free will.

Could you please explain then
Philomen 1:14
but without your consent I did not want to do anything, so thns Iat your goodness would not be, in effect, by compulsion but of your own free will.

Sorry, but your understanding of Philemon 1:14 is incorrect. Paul was appealing to Philemon’s goodness and willingness as a Christian to return Onesimus. Big difference from “free will” to “willingness.”

Paul would seem to believe in free will

Seem but unlikely as already mentioned he wrote Ephesians I and II.

To God Be The Glory
Although you don't use the Reply feature, you're apparently speaking to me.
You are an incredibly insulting person, as also demonstrated in your post no. 365 to @OzSpen, who happens to be much more than a teacher.
I refuse to speak further to you and will leave you with this:

To calvanists, no word means what it means. Speak of not knowing how to read or understanding what is read. Calvinists are the absolute champions of this defect.
ALL does not mean ALL
THE WORLD does not mean THE WORLD
ALL MEN does not mean ALL MEN
EVERYONE does not mean EVERYONE
WHOSOEVER does not mean WHOSOEVER

and now, lo and behold,
FREE WILL does not mean FREE WILL
as in Philemon verse 14.
And this because it does not agree with YOUR understanding of scriptures which is unique and incorrect. John Calvin does not have God's permission to change God's nature and character.

The NASB clearly says FREE WILL.
The NIV says Philemon's favor must be spontaneous and NOT FORCED. A word
@Stranger hates for me to us, however if we do not do of our own free will, it IS FORCED, as Paul confirms in Philemon verse 14.
The KJV says willingly. If we do something WILLINGLY, it means we have a choice to either do it or not do it. So YOU'RE changing the meaning to "willingly" is of no effect!
The GOOD NEWS BIBLE has free will.

Perhaps YOU are the one who should learn how to read and how to understand the bible?

Reactions: OzSpen

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First of all, I don't get all the movies you do.
Second, I don't go by movies...I go by two things:
1. What the bible teaches. It's plain and simple and that's how it should be read.
2. I've learned from two mainline churches that agree with each other on theological matters (the nature and teachings of God) and which go along with how I've read the N.T.

I stand by this. So many here say they learn from the Holy Spirit. Then why do we have different beliefs? Is God trying to confuse us? No, it's because we read our own understandings into scripture...we need the help of theologians that have studied for years.

GodsGrace:
The spirit does guide me, including interpreting scripture, although there is no guarantee that I won't step ahead and add my own words. I'm not perfect. It is a process of refinement and I do it with love and zeal. What I knew 30 years ago in some areas had to be revised today. Amongst believers we will always have differences. I'm not looking or seeking perfect every time. I'm not capable of that. There are gaps in my understanding especially regarding prophecies of scripture. I can look at scripture such as when Christ says' the Father and I are one.' or in reverse: Many quickly say that this is a verse saying Jesus = God. It does not mean that at all. What the Father and Christ had and have today we are in the process of attaining with Christ today. Their INDIVIDUAL spirits were aligned or in synchronization, working as ONE spirit, although they were STILL TWO spirits, as ours is in the process of doing today. Christ prayed that this would happen and it did.

I may give my view although it is considered the best I have to offer at that time. The scripture as you know is a spiritual book and we do have not attained the full image of Christ yet.

Differences of opinion really do not bother me a long as the core gospel and words of salvation are not derailed.

You know, this movie I spoke of is the 2nd one I've been too in a few decades, in a movie theatre. The other one I was going to speak of was "I can just imagine" also a riveting Christian movie.

I love you avatar....seems familiar

Bless you,

APAK

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John said God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son. John 3:16
Jesus said if we love Him we will obey Him. John 14:15

Is love on our part necessary for salvation?

Can we be saved if we fear God? Or only if we love Him?
I haven't read all the replies yet. I'm going to try to answer this on a personal level and what I've experienced and try to keep it simple.

It was very important for me from a very young age to know God and to feel close to Him. It was His love and the way He drew me to Him that made such an impression on me. There was no fear at that time. There was only love, peace, assurance, comfort, protection and He revealed His heart to me as a loving Heavenly Father. He did that during an extremely difficult time in my life when I needed it the most. I will never forget that and how it truly saved me.

He was teaching me what love is and that I was loved. Because He loved us first and love comes from Him. Is love on our part necessary for salvation? Love is necessary to be born of God and to know God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love." ~ 1 John 4:7

He also taught me to love and not hate those who weren't so lovable. Those who were cruel to me. That I should forgive them which hasn't been easy and I'm still working on that. And that I should pray for them which I have, even the most cruel and evil ones. I learned that to harbor anger and hate in my heart will only hurt me and I had to let that hate and anger go because it would have destroyed me.

I was saved by love. I don't have a morbid fear of God. I do greatly respect Him and His awesome power and authority and his justice and I worship Him. Mostly because I love Him so much. He is a good God, so good. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: GodsGrace

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
Joh 5:41 I receive not honour from men.

like I said you refuse His council.... Would rather be called a "fool" by christians than find out im a fool from God.

Mat_11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

but you wont because you dont believe He talks to men.

Mat_16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

and why so many know nothing

get angry no skin off my nose, but you will be held accountable for all you lead astray.

1Co_2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

but you dont believe in such things do you...

See, there you go again. You continue your hypocrisy. You have no new revelation from God as you claim. You have to use the Bible to learn about God, Christ, the Church, Israel, last days. etc. etc. Yet your oxmoronic view is that the Bible is not the Word of God.

Why are you worshiping the Bible when you don't believe it is the Word of God? Which version of the Bible do you worship...I mean use?

Still waiting for some of that revelation from God that you get that is outside the Bible.

Stranger

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
when I run into a road block, I confront the person and start asking what they believe and why
When they are forced into the middle of the conversation, they usually disappear
It's already happened on this forum
Good tactical advice....:cool:

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
GodsGrace:
The spirit does guide me, including interpreting scripture, although there is no guarantee that I won't step ahead and add my own words. I'm not perfect. It is a process of refinement and I do it with love and zeal. What I knew 30 years ago in some areas had to be revised today. Amongst believers we will always have differences. I'm not looking or seeking perfect every time. I'm not capable of that. There are gaps in my understanding especially regarding prophecies of scripture. I can look at scripture such as when Christ says' the Father and I are one.' or in reverse: Many quickly say that this is a verse saying Jesus = God. It does not mean that at all. What the Father and Christ had and have today we are in the process of attaining with Christ today. Their INDIVIDUAL spirits were aligned or in synchronization, working as ONE spirit, although they were STILL TWO spirits, as ours is in the process of doing today. Christ prayed that this would happen and it did.

I may give my view although it is considered the best I have to offer at that time. The scripture as you know is a spiritual book and we do have not attained the full image of Christ yet.

Differences of opinion really do not bother me a long as the core gospel and words of salvation are not derailed.

You know, this movie I spoke of is the 2nd one I've been too in a few decades, in a movie theatre. The other one I was going to speak of was "I can just imagine" also a riveting Christian movie.

I love you avatar....seems familiar

Bless you,

APAK
I wasn't scolding you!
You don't need to explain yourself. Of course the Holy Spirit helps us in understanding...I'm just saying that we might need some help along the way. I'm not a fan of staying at home, reading the bible, and coming up with my own theories. Those with a sharper brain than I have already have done this. Be it in the early times or now. I think of Thomas Aquinas - scary thinker.

So you don't believe Jesus is God??

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I haven't read all the replies yet. I'm going to try to answer this on a personal level and what I've experienced and try to keep it simple.

It was very important for me from a very young age to know God and to feel close to Him. It was His love and the way He drew me to Him that made such an impression on me. There was no fear at that time. There was only love, peace, assurance, comfort, protection and He revealed His heart to me as a loving Heavenly Father. He did that during an extremely difficult time in my life when I needed it the most. I will never forget that and how it truly saved me.

He was teaching me what love is and that I was loved. Because He loved us first and love comes from Him. Is love on our part necessary for salvation? Love is necessary to be born of God and to know God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love." ~ 1 John 4:7

He also taught me to love and not hate those who weren't so lovable. Those who were cruel to me. That I should forgive them which hasn't been easy and I'm still working on that. And that I should pray for them which I have, even the most cruel and evil ones. I learned that to harbor anger and hate in my heart will only hurt me and I had to let that hate and anger go because it would have destroyed me.

I was saved by love. I don't have a morbid fear of God. I do greatly respect Him and His awesome power and authority and his justice and I worship Him. Mostly because I love Him so much. He is a good God, so good. :)
Great post.
Sounds like we share many of the same feeling even from childhood.
I also know God to be a loving God toward all His creation. He loves each and everyone of us. Even those who do not love Him, but He is also a just God and He will not be mocked.
God IS LOVE.
Amen.

Reactions: truthquest