SAVED LATER IN LIFE

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those of us who came to faith in Christ at a later date, have lost out on all the rights and benefits pertaining to His Kingdom and promises in this world, right up to the time they believed.
We are all saved in the same way, we are here to do the will of God and that is to “Believe in the One He has sent.” God also said "This is my son, listen to Him". These are commands, there is no getting around it.
I often wonder what long time Christians think of those who come to Jesus later in life.
Take the vineyard workers for instance when the owner of the vineyard (God) hires people all day (12 hour work day representing our whole life span...today is the day of salvation!) for a denarius. Workers are coming in at all hours of the day even up till the last hour and they all got paid the same amount which those who were there all day were disappointed, possibly even angry over. To myself, working for God should be something we all desire and gladly do. So, why should the workers who were there longer be so discontent I wonder, since they represent believers? One would think they would be joyous of new converts, regardless of age.
“first will be last and the last, first” <--- I know this phrase is used a few times in the bible. Used to think this was the crazy rich people vs the poor of this world but, I don't believe that's all it means. Perhaps those who are the Pharisees of today could be included in the "first will be last" part of this scripture, those within the church fancying themselves as above others...that will not be so in Gods Kingdom, as we know. True Christians are leaving many of the church's today, I am one of them. This site IS my church and you are my brothers and sisters, siblings do have a tendency to argue and squawk back and forth but we are ALL in the same boat, granted, there are many on here who are really high up on the road and some of us are still learning or sucking our thumbs.
So, no matter what age anyone is, "today is the day of salvation"
In His Name always!

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don’t tend to look at it in that way Nancy, I would be thrilled if someone came to faith in the last moments of life. As to the gains beyond this life, well I believe God is just and no matter what happens sin will no longer have a grip so jeoulusy , resentment ect should not be part of the equation.
Also some people who come to faith later in life can be way ahead of those who came to faith in their younger years. Many can be more open to learn, many can grow weary or believe they have nothing more to learn.……..age of coming to faith is not a factor.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t tend to look at it in that way Nancy, I would be thrilled if someone came to faith in the last moments of life. As to the gains beyond this life, well I believe God is just and no matter what happens sin will no longer have a grip so jeoulusy , resentment ect should not be part of the equation.
Also some people who come to faith later in life can be way ahead of those who came to faith in their younger years. Many can be more open to learn, many can grow weary or believe they have nothing more to learn.……..age of coming to faith is not a factor.
I like your take better :D
I too would be thrilled if someone came to Christ late in life like my dad did. Do you think the vineyard parable is aimed at the Pharisees? Ones who DID come first as being the chosen people of God, or something else?

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I too would be thrilled if someone came to Christ late in life like my dad did. Do you think the vineyard parable is aimed at the Pharisees? Ones who DID come first as being the chosen people of God, or something else?
Well the Pharisee certainly believe they had arrived and were oh so spiritual and good…….but could it also be reference to the fact that Gentiles would have access to the kingdom, after all the Jews had been Gods chosen people right from the beginning………
To be honest even though I have looked at the passage I have never really studied it in depth, maybe I need to reflect on it a bit more ……..

Reactions: Nancy

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think some of the more mature Christians have better advice. If they have matured in the love of God and walk mostly in his spirit. I'm careful who's advice I take. Wisdom often requires time.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well the Pharisee certainly believe they had arrived and were oh so spiritual and good…….but could it also be reference to the fact that Gentiles would have access to the kingdom, after all the Jews had been Gods chosen people right from the beginning………
To be honest even though I have looked at the passage I have never really studied it in depth, maybe I need to reflect on it a bit more ……..

The passage seems to have a possible dual meaning, or even multiple meanings. I too need to look further into it for my own curiosity.
xx

Reactions: Lambano and Rita

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those of us who came to faith in Christ at a later date, have lost out on all the rights and benefits pertaining to His Kingdom and promises in this world, right up to the time they believed.
We are all saved in the same way, we are here to do the will of God and that is to “Believe in the One He has sent.” God also said "This is my son, listen to Him". These are commands, there is no getting around it.
I often wonder what long time Christians think of those who come to Jesus later in life.
Take the vineyard workers for instance when the owner of the vineyard (God) hires people all day (12 hour work day representing our whole life span...today is the day of salvation!) for a denarius. Workers are coming in at all hours of the day even up till the last hour and they all got paid the same amount which those who were there all day were disappointed, possibly even angry over. To myself, working for God should be something we all desire and gladly do. So, why should the workers who were there longer be so discontent I wonder, since they represent believers? One would think they would be joyous of new converts, regardless of age.
“first will be last and the last, first” <--- I know this phrase is used a few times in the bible. Used to think this was the crazy rich people vs the poor of this world but, I don't believe that's all it means. Perhaps those who are the Pharisees of today could be included in the "first will be last" part of this scripture, those within the church fancying themselves as above others...that will not be so in Gods Kingdom, as we know. True Christians are leaving many of the church's today, I am one of them. This site IS my church and you are my brothers and sisters, siblings do have a tendency to argue and squawk back and forth but we are ALL in the same boat, granted, there are many on here who are really high up on the road and some of us are still learning or sucking our thumbs.
In His Name always!
I think the parable of the vineyard goes along the lines of loving God. If God saves someone later in life or on their death bed, then we should be happy for God and share in the love he has for them, and thereby happy for them and then accept them as our brother or sister in Christ.

Reactions: Lambano and Nancy

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The advantage God gave me in choosing me at 34 years old was that I remember what it was like before. It makes it easy to tell who is a real Christian than one acting like one. I give advice to new Christians better too.

• Love
Reactions: Nancy and dev553344

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In His Name always!
They are as saved as i am . Peroid . Even if one came to JESUS on their death bed .
Its not about how long we knew HIM , rather is about DID WE EVER TRULY KNOW HIM .
That is a much more dire question indeed .
For if one came to Christ at even the age o six and one came on their death bed , ITS ALL the same reward , ETERNAL LIFE with the KING
But the real question is , DID WE TRULY KNOW HIM ...............or did we just think we did . BIBLES .
We need to KNOW ITS JESUS we follow and have been following . LEARN those bibles for many come in the name of Christ
and yet dont even know THE CHRIST . this is a fact and its gonna be painful fact for many on the day of the LORD .
BIBLES . dig in them and learn that doctrine well .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
exactly . lambs are just happy WHEN one comes to CHRIST . The pharisees DIDNT COME TO CHRIST
the parable was aimed at all . It matters not WHEN one comes to CHRIST , it only matters that THEY DO .
It seems more aimed to remind folks who do believe to not think so highly of themselves
but rather to just desire souls to be saved and simply be thankful that both they and others are saved by coming to Christ .
The parable seems to also show that one is not to be come highminded . REALIZE you only saved
by what JESUS did . Somtimes pride enters into folks and they become enamourmed with themselves
and lose the real truth of HOW they were even saved to begin with . Satan was given many great gifts
but in TIME it all went to his head . We are only saved by the grace o GOD and let no man or woman forget that .
Our joy comes when ANYONE comes to JESUS whether early on or even on the death bed . WE are to be lowly and humble

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My question is does one truly KNOW HIM . There are many versions of JESUS which aint JESUS getting embraced .
It dont matter to me WHEN one comes to Christ , whether as a child or as an old man on his death bed .
I Just want them to be sure ITS JESUS THEY CAME TO and not some other jesus which cant save .
I guess by now most folks realize why i am so despised by so many . GOTTA ASK THEM REAL DEEP and YET SIMPLE questions
that most folks cannot stand . SO my question is , DO WE KNOW JESUS . IS IT HE WHO WE SERVE
or is it a form of jesus that some men taught us . I dont have many friends , guess you can see why that is .
BUT it sure aint cause i dont LOVE , its cause the more i do love the less i be loved .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are as saved as i am . Peroid . Even if one came to JESUS on their death bed .
Its not about how long we knew HIM , rather is about DID WE EVER TRULY KNOW HIM .
That is a much more dire question indeed .
For if one came to Christ at even the age o six and one came on their death bed , ITS ALL the same reward , ETERNAL LIFE with the KING
But the real question is , DID WE TRULY KNOW HIM ...............or did we just think we did . BIBLES .
We need to KNOW ITS JESUS we follow and have been following . LEARN those bibles for many come in the name of Christ
and yet dont even know THE CHRIST . this is a fact and its gonna be painful fact for many on the day of the LORD .
BIBLES . dig in them and learn that doctrine well .
"Its not about how long we knew HIM , rather is about DID WE EVER TRULY KNOW HIM"

Amen!

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To whom much is given much is expected. Those of us who have been saved a long time like myself have been given much, thus we will be judged more harshly for what we did with the grace bestowed on us. I think each of us would wish we could have done more to promote the Kingdom of God and preach the Gospel and be a testimony of His Grace and a steward of His grace. So, my stand will be to take the back seat at the feast, to pray the prayer of the Publican before the judgment seat of Christ. There are some Christians who are puffed up by their status in the church, but the grace of God will knock them off their podium of pride if they are truly His and know Him. God did that for me early on when I was planning on going into the ministry, and it hurt, but at the same time I thank Him for doing this and keeping me a simple man that cannot gloat over his status and place in the church.

When someone is saved late in life, I rejoice.... My Fiancé was only recently saved, after a tough life.... God is healing her, and loves her, and considers her a newborn family member, and so do I. I cannot and will not begrudge the mercy of God, and even my enemies are to be loved, if perchance they become members of the family of God. God wants to use her in the field as well as me and she has a unique and powerful testimony of what God can do in the life of a person. In that respect, I see myself as a big brother to her, and mentor, and she may end up being greater than I in the kingdom, to which i will say "praise God".

Love your posts Nancy, and your heartfelt thoughts....The Holy Ghost is using you.... God Bless

Reactions: Rita and dev553344