Saying Grace

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MindCreations

Jul 25, 2006
Not sure if you guys have seen this or not but I thought that it was good.Saying GraceLast week I took my children to a restaurant. My six-year-old sonasked if he could say grace. As we bowed our heads he said, "God is good, God is great. Thank you for the food, and I would even thank you more if Mom gets us ice cream for dessert. And Liberty and justice for all!Amen!"Along with the laughter from the other customers nearby I heard a woman remark, "That's what's wrong with this country. Kids today don't even know how to pray--Asking God for ice cream! Why, I never!" Hearing this, my son burst into tears and asked me, "Did I do it wrong? Is God mad at me?"As I held him and assured him that he had done a terrific job andGod was certainly not mad at him, an elderly gentleman approached thetable.He winked at my son and said, "I happen to know that God thought that was a great prayer.""Really?" my son asked. "Cross my heart," the man replied.Then in a theatrical whisper he added (indicating the woman whoseremark had started this whole thing), "Too bad she never asks God for ice cream. A little ice cream is good for the soul sometimes."Naturally, I bought my kids ice cream at the end of the meal. My son stared at his for a moment and then did something I will remember for the rest of my life.He picked up his sundae and without a word, walked over and placed it in front of the woman. With a big smile he told her, "Here, this is for you.Ice cream is good for the soul sometimes, and my soul is good already."THE END